If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Somebody better check on Ballcoach. Crybaby :oldhag Crybaby
By cruzan_flame13
Ill flame wrote: January 10th, 2024, 6:37 pm

Coaching carousel is about to heat up. Combine this with the likelihood that Harbaugh goes back to the NFL and we might see a lot of movement at the P5 level.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
That’s either the best or worst job in all of college football.
By jmclaughlin
This will be felt throughout CFB. He was the last of the old school line of coaches. A marker of consistency. I am interested to hear his unfiltered takes on the current landscape of college football, Gen Z athletes and the NCAA buffoonery. I cant imagine the stamina it takes to recruit HS, the portal and now your own roster in addition to the X's and O's.
His next gig will be fun to watch.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 10th, 2024, 7:10 pm This will be felt throughout CFB. He was the last of the old school line of coaches. A marker of consistency. I am interested to hear his unfiltered takes on the current landscape of college football, Gen Z athletes and the NCAA buffoonery. I cant imagine the stamina it takes to recruit HS, the portal and now your own roster in addition to the X's and O's.
His next gig will be fun to watch.
AFLAC.
By Ill flame
aredd33 wrote: January 10th, 2024, 7:08 pm That’s either the best or worst job in all of college football.
The best job in all of college football is fired head coach which is what the guy that replaces a legend like nick saban will be within the next 4 years.
Purple Haize, Baybird liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach wants DABO. :oldhag
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: January 11th, 2024, 10:54 am
Cider Jim wrote: January 10th, 2024, 6:47 pm Somebody better check on Ballcoach. Crybaby :oldhag Crybaby
He'll be fine once he hears it's Dan Lanning :lol:
Sources say Lanning is staying at Oregon. The only good candidate out there is Swinney, but he has to want the job. For some reason, Bama fans were protesting at the stadium this morning, for Bama not to hire Dabo.
By Ill flame
Dabo was born and raised in Alabama, played for Alabama and spent the first 8 years of his coaching career at Alabama. He has a good thing going at Clemson but I assume that's his dream job and would take it if offered.

I know Clemson has been trending down slightly the last few years but i believe only saban has won more games over the last decade. He's had them ranked for 13 straight years. Before he took over, Clemson was only ranked at the end of 4 of the previous 14 seasons. If I'm Alabama he's my second choice after Kirby Smart who I doubt would take the job but you never know.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 12th, 2024, 1:22 am Jimbo is available for Bama
RichRod could quickly make himself available, and he wouldn't have far to move! He woudn't even need to change the license plate on his vehicles.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Not many people line up to take a job after Nick Saban or John Wooden. Better to wait for one or two coaches to walk the plank, before taking over for these guys.
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Bama is on the hook (at least DeBoer is) for a $12 million buyout. And since UW was going to make him one of the 10 highest paid coaches his annual salary is gotta be huge.
However, you never wanna be The Man that follows The Man. So I give him 4 years max.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Who knows who Alabama’s true number one choice was but I do know for sure the agents for Lanning, Sarkisian, and Norvell did exactly what they were supposed to do and used this leverage for more money.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I told the Ole Men's Club early today that it would be Deboer, but I don't think they listened. Deboer is a better choice than Norvell or Sark. Lanning and Deboer were about equal, maybe 51-49 in favor of Lanning. Deboer's key to success will be assistant coaches. He has no experience in the South. His assistants need to be mostly southern guys, (for recruiting purposes) with SEC experience. ROLL TIDE

Sidebar:

Auburn has lost 4 assistant coaches this week. 2 fired and 2 resigned. Word from down on The Plains is, Auburn is still a dumpster fire.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Bama will regress next year which has got to make both Georgia and Texas very happy. It'll be interesting to see how much time Bama gives Doboer...PH is probably about right, 4 years is probably his max. Following a legend is TOUGH
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The standard in Tuscaloosa will not change. Anything less than a national championship, will be a bad season.

I know a coach who took over a team this past season, and went 13-0, losing only in the bowl game.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 12th, 2024, 7:41 pm The standard in Tuscaloosa will not change. Anything less than a national championship, will be a bad season.

I know a coach who took over a team this past season, and went 13-0, losing only in the bowl game.
Ummm that coach that was replaced was not quite the same....
Purple Haize liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]