If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 14th, 2023, 5:50 pm I've learned over the years never to trust any coach. Ever. I feel like Chadwell could be that guy who is here for the long haul but I'm not about to get attached. I suggest others do the same.
So you have commitment issues…. :D
alabama24 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
With college coaches!!??? 💯

College coaches are one phone call away from leaving. All the time. Which is the main reason I absolutely love the transfer portal.
ATrain liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Chadwell is more transparent than Freeze. Additionally, I am taking Chadwell at his word in his opening press conference as the new head coach where he clearly detailed his wife's wishes about staying put for a long time. Until I'm proven wrong, I will hold him to his words.
It's hard to take any person, much less college football coaches at their word. As fans, the HC is the real face of the team and I think we develop an attachment to them. The players come and go in just a few years' time, but successful coaches stay for longer periods and develop a true identity and culture for a program. I think that's what we have here in HCJC and for a few reasons:

1) I think he's a lot like Mckay for basketball. He sees his role as a coach as a mission/purpose from God. Is winning and success all tied up around that? Yes. Is the chase for clout and National Championships the driving factor though, as it is with coaches like Freeze? No, I don't think so.
2) You don't publicly make a promise to your wife in the manner that was done in that press conference and take it lightly. Especially not after 10 months.
3) He's building a house here.
4) My youngest happens to be friends with one of the coaches' kids. The wife of that coach mentioned that when they came here, HCJC told the staff to "settle in for the long haul."

I also think there's another factor at play here too. I really don't think the college football landscape wants to see LU succeed. What HCJC has done here this year has exceeded all expectations. Looking at who we return next year, plus seeing some of the hype around the recruiting class for 2024/25 I think is causing some consternation among the powers that be (media, etc.). I think the more we succeed, the more we will have to deal with distractions like this. Hopefully, if HCJC is genuine, he will confront it publicly.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know there is a lot of anti LU attitude out there but what we are dealing with is literally what every program like ours in the country deal with. Especially with success. Not everything is an anti-Liberty conspiracy
ATrain, Baybird, Ill flame and 2 others liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Syracuse has cut ties with Dino Babers.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am hearing your boy Dana Holgerson is about to go back onto the market. Talk about your disappointing hires for Tillman Fertitta.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 21st, 2023, 9:42 am I am hearing your boy Dana Holgerson is about to go back onto the market. Talk about your disappointing hires for Tillman Fertitta.
To be clear, he was never my boy. I absolutely LOVED Bill Stewart. But I might have been in the minority there.

Holgs is an OC. Doesn’t know how to run a program or recruit.

Can’t believe WVU lost to him. Mountaineers should have 9 wins and be in CFP right now. Parity.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: November 21st, 2023, 10:27 am Dear Syracuse,
Call Jerry Kill
Much love,
Me :twisted:
Oh my goodness, that would be a match made in heaven!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 7:27 am
Sly Fox wrote: November 21st, 2023, 9:42 am I am hearing your boy Dana Holgerson is about to go back onto the market. Talk about your disappointing hires for Tillman Fertitta.
To be clear, he was never my boy. I absolutely LOVED Bill Stewart. But I might have been in the minority there.

Holgs is an OC. Doesn’t know how to run a program or recruit.

Can’t believe WVU lost to him. Mountaineers should have 9 wins and be in CFP right now. Parity.
That was an unbelievable game!
How WVU is going to a Bowl is a mystery to me. It bought Brown 2 more years
JK37 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 11:21 pm I do not have inside sources in Aggieland, but the buzz is all about Elko coming to A&M.
Or not. https://saturdayblitz.com/2023/11/22/cr ... -wishlist/

In other news, Ole Miss is playing in the Egg Bowl today against a State team with no HC.
flamehunter liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Crazy couple of days in Aggieland. Apparently the A&M Board of Regents saw the massive backlash on social media & message boards and vetoed a deal that was bringing Mark Stoops to College Station.

So apparently Elko is now once again the odds on favorite if they can't tempt Dabo out of the Carolinian mountains. And believe it or not, there a legitimate push to make that happen. Yes, I know that is going to be tough to manage.
By Tnobes
Why in the world would anyone want Elko over Stoops? You take Mark Stoops and you get Bob Stoops help for free
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Neither Stoops is particularly esteemed in the State of Texas. And both have the personailities of turnips.They are easy to not like unless they are winning games for your school.

Elko has an Aggie pedigree and has done a great deal with meager resources in Durham.

To be clear, the Aggies will make a strong run at Dabo who would fit in exceptionally well from a cultural perspective in Aggieland.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They have exceptionally deep pockets particularly when oil commodities are riding high.

Jimbo was a MASSIVE disappointment as a coach. He recruited well but did little else. When you can't even do as well as Kevin Sumlin, it was well beyond time to go.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Elko pulled a "Baltimore Colts Move", he snuck away in the middle of the night from Durham to College Station. Apparently he wasn't man enough to face his team at Duke.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He was too bust chasing those Benjamins.

Get ready for a slew of 5- and 4-star transfers flying out of Aggieland. It will be tought o maintain the NIL money with all of the costs associated with the coaching change.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]