If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Texas A&M is moving on from Jimbo. Giving him an astounding $75 million to go play golf and relax.

Boise State also fired their coach today. I haven’t seen any number on him but I’m assuming he’s not getting $75 million.

If I could do anything with my life I’d choose to be a failed SEC football coach.
Kricket, Baybird liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What a joke. I'm not sure what or who Texas A&M think they are but what an absolute waste of resources. But that is kind of what state of Texas does with football. For better or for worse. That's what I've learned in my short time living in this state.
By Ill flame
It'll be interesting to see who they go after. Money is clearly not an issue but I can't think of anyone that would be a splash hire for them like when they hired jumbo to begin with. Imo they should hire Jeff Traylor from UTSA. What he's been able to accomplish there has been pretty impressive and he's spent some time as an assistant at Texas and Arkansas so the leap to P5 shouldn't be too daunting for him.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
It’s crazy to me that they think whoever they get will be worth $76 million more than Jimbo Fisher, who seems to be one of the top coaches in the country.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
And now Mississippi State has fired their coach.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 13th, 2023, 9:51 am And now Mississippi State has fired their coach.
Really quite strange that Texas A&M slaughtered Miss State and then they both fired their coaches. I wonder how many coaches have been fired midsession after a victory as big as 51-10.

Gotta be a first that both coaches were fired mid season after playing each other.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I’m afraid to post this but it looks like Chadwell is being mentioned as a candidate…

Seems hard to believe he’d want to go to Miss State after giving their current coach less than a season to show his stuff, but weirder things have happened. It makes me feel better than Chadwell makes more than Miss State was paying their coach.
Some potential candidates to replace Arnett are Tulane's Willie Fritz, Liberty's Jamey Chadwell, UNLV's Barry Odom, Kansas' Lance Leipold, Troy's Jon Sumrall, Oklahoma offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby and Michigan offensive coordinator Sherrone Moore.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ach-arnett
By Tnobes
Ill flame wrote: November 12th, 2023, 10:09 pm It'll be interesting to see who they go after. Money is clearly not an issue but I can't think of anyone that would be a splash hire for them like when they hired jumbo to begin with. Imo they should hire Jeff Traylor from UTSA. What he's been able to accomplish there has been pretty impressive and he's spent some time as an assistant at Texas and Arkansas so the leap to P5 shouldn't be too daunting for him.
I don't buy the "look what this guy has been able to accomplish at that level, imagine what he can do at school A, B, C or D" when you hire a head coach at a big time school you just need to hire a personality, the program runs itself and you can get Assistant coaches for the x and o stuff. Hire a splash name coordinator for HC
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 13th, 2023, 4:52 pm I don't buy the "look what this guy has been able to accomplish at that level, imagine what he can do at school A, B, C or D" when you hire a head coach at a big time school
It doesn't matter what <you> buy, it matters what the other schools buy.

Examples can be given where both "big names" and "big records" have been hired. Typically the BIG TIME schools only go for "BIG NAMES" with "BIG RECORDS," but MANY schools in the same conferences have hired either.

For the record: the Jimbo Fisher hire was a joke from the get go. FSU was glad to get rid of him and there is nothing really which warranted TA&M hiring him.
By AATL
Happenstance, I checked on Hugh Freeze's press conference ahead of their NMSU week to see if he had anything to say about our conference championship foe. I thought this was an interesting quote regarding the coaching carousel, including his previous experience. I know opinions here are divided, so take it for what you will.

By Ill flame
I don't understand how any liberty fan holds a grudge against that man. He could've handled his exit better but we wouldn't be where we are now without him building a strong foundation for chadwell to build on.

As for the Mississippi state job, Chadwells name is going to keep coming up everytime there's a P5 opening and I see it as a good thing. I think most of these "journalists" just Google the top G5 coaches and list them as candidates for P5 jobs. When they stop listing our coaches name that's when I'll be concerned.
AATL, jmclaughlin, Baybird and 2 others liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The agents leak the names. It’s a negotiating tactic. Agents have been holding college football hostage for a decade.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 13th, 2023, 4:52 pm
Ill flame wrote: November 12th, 2023, 10:09 pm It'll be interesting to see who they go after. Money is clearly not an issue but I can't think of anyone that would be a splash hire for them like when they hired jumbo to begin with. Imo they should hire Jeff Traylor from UTSA. What he's been able to accomplish there has been pretty impressive and he's spent some time as an assistant at Texas and Arkansas so the leap to P5 shouldn't be too daunting for him.
I don't buy the "look what this guy has been able to accomplish at that level, imagine what he can do at school A, B, C or D" when you hire a head coach at a big time school you just need to hire a personality, the program runs itself and you can get Assistant coaches for the x and o stuff. Hire a splash name coordinator for HC
That’s what A&M thought they were doing with Jimbo. And the one thing the guy has always done is recruit. Just can’t develop the talent.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Let's hope Coach Chadwell gets out in front of any rumors and keeps the peace in the locker room. I'd be shocked if he is even entertaining the thought of moving on so soon.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
I do wish Chadwell would do what Oregon coach did and just say "I'm not going anywhere -I love it here".

I do not think he's going anywhere. I thought Freeze could leave because I knew he wanted to be back in SEC and I could tell he was using Liberty as a stepping stone. It came sooner then I thought, but...

I do think Chadwell is a person who will stay loyal. I think he has everything he needs here to be successful. A BIG paycheck, building a new home on mountain, any budget he needs to succeed, great facilities, etc... I understand wanting to coach in the biggest conferences, but job security is non-existent these days...
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
No doubt, Chadwell has the potential to be the best possible outcome for both now & in the long term. And essentially bringing in his entire staff, turned out to be a wise move
By rtb72
flamehunter wrote: November 14th, 2023, 9:28 am Let's hope Coach Chadwell gets out in front of any rumors and keeps the peace in the locker room. I'd be shocked if he is even entertaining the thought of moving on so soon.
After what this team went though last year right before NMSU game, I hope this is addressed firmly by HCJC. These kids will not forget how it played out with HF. They see the banter and conjecture back and forth and last year will be in the back of their minds. We don't need those distractions.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Chadwell is more transparent than Freeze. Additionally, I am taking Chadwell at his word in his opening press conference as the new head coach where he clearly detailed his wife's wishes about staying put for a long time. Until I'm proven wrong, I will hold him to his words.
flamehunter, Baybird, Purple Haize and 1 others liked this
By rtb72
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 14th, 2023, 12:48 pm Chadwell is more transparent than Freeze. Additionally, I am taking Chadwell at his word in his opening press conference as the new head coach where he clearly detailed his wife's wishes about staying put for a long time. Until I'm proven wrong, I will hold him to his words.
I think he was genuine, and frankly don't believe there is anyway he is considering a move from LU. Just trying to consider what a 18-22ish might have in their mind with all the rumors going on.
By Ill flame
thepostman wrote: November 14th, 2023, 5:50 pm I've learned over the years never to trust any coach. Ever. I feel like Chadwell could be that guy who is here for the long haul but I'm not about to get attached. I suggest others do the same.
I feel the same way. The fact that he publicly promised his wife he would stay makes me think he will for at least a few years but if a school like Clemson, Tennessee, Texas A&M wants him I certainly wouldn't blame him for taking that type of job. If he does take a job like that I'll take it as a compliment, thank him for winning enough games for us to get that type of job and get hyped for the next guy that will hopefully take us to even greater heights. No one is above getting their coach poached. Not even notre dame apparently.
aredd33 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]