If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Our conference friends at MTSU are moving on from their coach after 18 seasons.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 27th, 2023, 2:21 pm Our conference friends at MTSU are moving on from their coach after 18 seasons.
Hopefully this is the first step of moving past mediocrity and towards a true commitment to winning. We need everyone in CUSA compete and win bowl games to help conference perception.
Liberty22 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2023, 11:45 am Elko pulled a "Baltimore Colts Move", he snuck away in the middle of the night from Durham to College Station. Apparently he wasn't man enough to face his team at Duke.
He held a meeting with his team before the news was made public. Give the man a chance.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 27th, 2023, 4:23 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2023, 11:45 am Elko pulled a "Baltimore Colts Move", he snuck away in the middle of the night from Durham to College Station. Apparently he wasn't man enough to face his team at Duke.
He held a meeting with his team before the news was made public. Give the man a chance.
Consider the source. It’s less accurate than a sun dial.
Baybird liked this
By LUOrange
Apparently, my Orangemen low-balled Mullen so he's a no. Now they're onto UGA DB Coach Fran Brown. Supposedly he was formerly the Associate HC at Baylor at some point. Any thoughts on Brown?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Right now, there are two openings in CUSA: MTSU & UTEP. Allegedly LaTech didn't have the funds to buy out Cumbie's contract so he's sticking around for at least another year.

Both Kill & RichRod are having their names bounced around for several openings in spite of age concerns.

Since coaches can have the most significant impact overall on a program's health, there is becoming a shorter leash on them every year. That's great news for coaches' agents. Bad news for schools when it comes to massive buyouts and longterm contracts.

Bohannon will enter CUSA next year with his fanny firmly on the hot seat. Cumbie's will be just as hot. Keeler is still living large off his spring COVID FCS title so he remains secure in spite of the disappointing season at Sam. But a similar encore will have britches fealing the heat as well.
By Ill flame
I've been seeing rumors that Cignetti is leaving JMU to take the Indiana job. None of them are from sources I trust but it wouldn't surprise me, JMU is paying him peanuts.
Cider Jim liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
That would probably be a really good hire. I could be wrong but I believe his age is a factor for him in job opportunities. I think he’s older than he looks.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 29th, 2023, 11:56 pm I've been seeing rumors that Cignetti is leaving JMU to take the Indiana job. None of them are from sources I trust but it wouldn't surprise me, JMU is paying him peanuts.
Ballcoach would LOVE that! :oldhag :buttkick
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 30th, 2023, 9:09 am
Ill flame wrote: November 29th, 2023, 11:56 pm I've been seeing rumors that Cignetti is leaving JMU to take the Indiana job. None of them are from sources I trust but it wouldn't surprise me, JMU is paying him peanuts.
Ballcoach would LOVE that! :oldhag :buttkick
As an IU fan I would love that. He’s a very good coach and could be had at a relatively bargain price.
ballcoach15 liked this
By LUOrange
Cignetti is 62 and looks like he's 50. He was rumored to be on the Syracuse's short list, but either was eliminated or removed himself from consideration rather quickly. I would've rather have had him than the unproven Fran Brown. Oh well...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: November 30th, 2023, 10:27 am Cignetti is 62 and looks like he's 50. He was rumored to be on the Syracuse's short list, but either was eliminated or removed himself from consideration rather quickly. I would've rather have had him than the unproven Fran Brown. Oh well...
Bloomington > Syracuse
Indiana > Upstate New York
Hoosier Hoops >> Orange Hoops

It’s science :D
LUOrange, Cider Jim, ATrain liked this
By Ill flame

Now it's been confirmed by a source I trust. Anytime one of the top G5s get their coach poached I consider it a win for us. It's incredibly hard to stay good through a coaching change without growing pains at the G5 level.
Cider Jim liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
And they were messing with us:) Their coach took a terrible job with a basketball school.

Welcome back to Reality JMU.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Ill flame

MTSU took the opposite approach and hired vanderbilts old coach. Hopefully both of these guys work out for them. Not everyone can win but UTEP and MTSU should be better than they have been. As long as Jerry kill and rich rod are in the conference the top of the league should be as good as any other G5. The bottom of the conference has a long way to go.
socal_flame, JK37, Baybird liked this
By Ill flame

It really says a lot about the sunbelt that their highest paid coach was making $1 million and giving him a raise to $1.4 million is a big deal.

The rise of that conference has been pretty impressive but I think they're going to hit their ceiling soon. It's hard to win consistently when other G5s keep poaching your coaches.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cignettii was criminally underpaid. If $1 million was the highest paid. Sunbelt Coach, I agree their ceiling is probably maxed
By Ill flame

Coaching carousel is about to heat up. Combine this with the likelihood that Harbaugh goes back to the NFL and we might see a lot of movement at the P5 level.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]