If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sorry O's fans. You were another victim of the infamous postman jinx. It's powers are strong.
Cider Jim liked this
By Ill flame
MLB might be getting worse despite the pitch clock being a huge improvement but college baseball and the world baseball classic keeps getting better so I can't complain too much.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I admit that today's MLB gets rather boring when you have the same team in the ALCS for seven straight seasons. Yeah, I know that Braves were in eight straight.But that streak as a huge asterick next to it due tot he strike year in the middle where the Expos were winning when the season was called.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Some might also say that the Astros streak has a HUGE asterisk next to it. And they'll keep beating that garbage can, er, I mean drum forever.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I know that is a happpy talking point but considering the three teams the Astros beat in that tainted run all were proven to be cheating as well that season (Red Sox, Yankees & Dodgers), it starts to rung hollow. Especially in the wake of having all eyes on the club ever since and they continue to dominate. Perhaps it wasn't just a few guys banging on a trash can that season that made the team so strong.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Didn’t your mama tell you, “Just because everyone else is doing it…”
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
No one suggests that cheating is OK. But it is built into the game at every level from Little League on up.

For the record, the Astros have been in six straight ALCS since that scandal and intense scrutiny broke. Just sayin'.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
More Astros talk on an Orioles thread...

:offtopic
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
We can talk about the Orioles. What do you suppose they are doing this off season?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I’m not an Orioles fan but I sure am excited about seeing Jackson Holliday at some point next year.
The amount of talent they have and that’s coming soon is absurd. Adley, Gunnar, Jackson, Colton, Heston, Grayson…I’m probably forgetting some too. Exciting times in Baltimore
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
O's fas can throw a log in the hot stove league fire while some other clubs have business in the here and now to address.

In the ALCS, the 'Stros have owned the Rangers for years. But their bats have been on fire the past few weeks. No one in Houston is taking this series for granted. But I do hope they choose to pitch to Yordan.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: October 13th, 2023, 2:10 pm I’m not an Orioles fan but I sure am excited about seeing Jackson Holliday at some point next year.
I actually drove Ballcoach to Richmond this summer to see Jackson Holliday play for the Norfolk Tides. We sat behind the Tides dugout with dozen of other Orioles fans dressed out in O's gear, and Holliday did not disappoint: he got FIVE hits in six at bats! :shock:

Earlier in the summer, Holliday almost got to play in Lynchburg, but he got called up to high A ball the week before.
Last edited by Cider Jim on October 15th, 2023, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 13th, 2023, 5:27 pm
aredd33 wrote: October 13th, 2023, 2:10 pm I’m not an Orioles fan but I sure am excited about seeing Jackson Holliday at some point next year.
I actually drive Ballcoach to Richmond this summer to see Jackson Holliday play for the Norfolk Tides. We sat behind the Tides dugout with dozen of other Orioles fans dressed out in O's gear, and Holliday did not disappoint: he got FIVE hits in six at bats! :shock:

Earlier in the summer, Holliday almost got to play in Lynchburg, but he got called up to high A ball the week before.
A minor league pipeline podcast i listen to talked about the possibility that the season Holliday just had as one of if not the greatest minor league seasons ever. It was absurd that he seemingly got 2+ hits every night even when moving up levels. Never slowed him down one bit. As I said earlier I’m not an O’s fan but I checked on him a few times a week.
Baybird liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]