If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BlueBlood
This one got me last night. Was sitting down to watch UF/Utah and got the blank screen. ESPN also made sure the ESPN app didn’t work either. Hopefully they can resolve this before Saturday. It’s probably time to cut the cord anyway. I kept cable because I get all the sports channels. Initially the providers catering to cord-cutters didn’t have all of them. Several do now - so it’s probably time.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
LUalum12 wrote: September 1st, 2023, 9:28 am Get youtube TV.
YouTubeTV has the best interface... they also have the best streaming codecs (I think that is the right term). What do I mean by that? I have 25 mbps... so on the slower side of internet. The image quality on YouTube TV is always better than what I experienced with other providers. This allows more streams at the same time AND better quality.
By LU 57
The only issue is local MLB/NBA coverage. Specifically, in Richmond we do not get the MASN channels on YouTube TV. I don’t really care because I rarely watch MLB or the NBA anymore., but that may be an issue for other sports fans.

I got nailed last night with the Spectrum/ESPN thing. My son’s team was playing in NC and I was looking forward to catching some of the Florida/Utah game afterward but nope.
By Ill flame
AATL wrote: September 1st, 2023, 11:36 am The sooner MLB (and other leagues) can move towards direct-to-consumer packages and end local blackouts, the better.
They've already started that process with the Diamondbacks and Padres. It's only a matter of time before bally misses payments for more teams and MLB can take over those rights as well. Padres tv ratings are already up since mlb took over despite being mediocre again this year.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: September 1st, 2023, 2:29 pm The comments on here and then me double-checking with a couple of friends has convinced me - I'll start my free trial of YouTubeTV tonight.
Spectrum gives me discount for bundling. I'm sure if I dropped their TV package for YouTube TV they raise my internet service fee. That's how the game is played now. I'll give them a week or two to settle.
By LU 57
TH Spangler wrote: September 1st, 2023, 4:27 pm
BlueBlood wrote: September 1st, 2023, 2:29 pm The comments on here and then me double-checking with a couple of friends has convinced me - I'll start my free trial of YouTubeTV tonight.
Spectrum gives me discount for bundling. I'm sure if I dropped their TV package for YouTube TV they raise my internet service fee. That's how the game is played now. I'll give them a week or two to settle.
You could probably do a free trial of one of the streaming services to get you through the weekend. Haha.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Who blinks first, Spectrum or Disney. I'm sure Spectrum is losing subscribers .... but Disney just pull down content on 14M TVs. Explain that to the companies that bought ads.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You won’t be sorry. We switched years ago and love it
Cider Jim liked this
By LU 57
Really starting to get my groove with YouTube TV :lol: Wish multi-view was a little more customizable but I am pretty happy with it for watching college football.
By BlueBlood
LU 57 wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 9:52 pm Really starting to get my groove with YouTube TV :lol: Wish multi-view was a little more customizable but I am pretty happy with it for watching college football.
Same here. I like it so far. Picture quality has been great and very user friendly. The only potential problem I can think of is that SECN and BTN sometimes use overflow channels. I’m guessing I can probably go through their apps for that though. That doesn’t happen too often anyways.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 9:52 pm Really starting to get my groove with YouTube TV :lol: Wish multi-view was a little more customizable but I am pretty happy with it for watching college football.
It's still pretty new. They started it a bit this summer but this fall with football is their first chance to go full stream ahead with it. Eventually they'll add the ability to pick whoever channels you want.
By LU 57
BlueBlood wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 1:49 pm
Same here. I like it so far. Picture quality has been great and very user friendly. The only potential problem I can think of is that SECN and BTN sometimes use overflow channels. I’m guessing I can probably go through their apps for that though. That doesn’t happen too often anyways.
I noticed the overflow channels listed in the guide when you access settings on a computer. Assuming they are only visible in the TV app when something is on them.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I can't even fathom going back to cable at any point.

This is a standard carriage battle between content providers and cable. Just like the local channels being pulled from time to time, this is standard practice.

Fubo+ usually has the best MLB/NBA options based on regionals. But with those closing up shop on the regular, I would stay tuned.
AATL liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 5:33 pm I can't even fathom going back to cable at any point.
I've got a professsor friend from my hometown in WV who is semi-retired and teaching part time at Coastal Carolina. He had been talking trash all week about the Coastal vs. UCLA football game last night, but his cable company in SC pulled ESPN from his package, and he couldn't even watch the game last night.

Purple thinks TF and I are crazy for paying the big bucks for DirecTV, but I love watching my first-place Orioles on MASN, even though I don't get the CBSSN station. A church friend recommended FUBO to me today: he only plays $88 but gets the CBSSN channel and many other sports channels as well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
If I'm understand the dispute correctly, it's about access to ESPN+. Charter Communications, the parent company of Spectrum, is in talks with Disney to include ESPN+ to Spectrums cable's streaming packages. Spectrum customers who have Hulu as part of their bundle are able to access ESPN+ through the Hulu app, while all others have to pay for a separate app or device. Charter hopes that including ESPN+ in their packages will attract more subscribers and increase customer loyalty while keeping the playing field level.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Flee Charter/Spectrun as fast you can. Most homes have at least three ISP options these days. My cabin in the middle of the national forest actually have four in a place with no cell signal. There are way too many options to be stuck with cable.

Disney/ESPN are trying to force Charter/Comcast to carry more content so they can get a massive cash grab from folks who have zero interest in watching their content. Yes, it is extortion in the loosest sense of the legal term.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 5th, 2023, 3:57 pm Flee Charter/Spectrun as fast you can. Most homes have at least three ISP options these days. My cabin in the middle of the national forest actually have four in a place with no cell signal. There are way too many options to be stuck with cable.

Disney/ESPN are trying to force Charter/Comcast to carry more content so they can get a massive cash grab from folks who have zero interest in watching their content. Yes, it is extortion in the loosest sense of the legal term.
Not good options at zip 27326
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Saw this posted on another site
Loyal customers of espn+ are expressing frustration and disappointment with the recent decision by ESPN to block their access to ESPN on spectrum. It's a betrayal of trust and a violation of the terms of service that espn+ subscribers agreed to when they signed up. The customers feel that they are being forced to pay twice for the same content, or to switch to a different provider that may not offer the same quality or variety of sports programming. ESPN has not given a clear explanation or justification for it, nor has it offered any compensation or alternative options for the affected customers. The customers demand that ESPN restore their access to ESPN on their espn+ or face legal action.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]