If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

This is a long piece of copy but worth the read for curious realignmentologists. This is a local story for me with many of the SHSU athletic administrators living in my neighborhood. I can attest that even they couldn't believe what went down in just a few months back in 2021.
Houston Chronicle wrote:How Sam Houston's wild leap to the FBS went down
The Bearkats officially became a member of Conference USA on July 1.

By Josh Criswell
July 1, 2023

This is the first installment of a five-part series in which Chron will explore the motivations, factors, personalities and events at the center of Sam Houston's move to Conference USA and FBS football.

The ripple effects of conference realignment have touched every corner of the college football landscape, stirring drastic changes at a myriad of institutions. Sam Houston State University is no exception, with the Bearkats embarking on a journey over the past two-plus years that has been unlike any in the recent history of the sport.
Click Here for Full Story
Part 2 of the series:

Houston Chronicle wrote:What Sam Houston's FBS move means for rivalry with Stephen F. Austin
The Battle of the Piney Woods is one of the most historic rivalries in Texas.

By Josh Criswell
July 3, 2023

This is the second installment of a five-part series in which Chron will explore the motivations, factors, personalities and events at the center of Sam Houston's move to Conference USA and FBS football.

While Sam Houston's move to Conference USA and FBS football marks the start of a new era for the Bearkats' athletic department, it also spurs speculation as to whether another chapter will come to a close.

What exactly does the future hold for the Battle of the Piney Woods rivalry between Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin? The answer is complicated, as could be expected in a situation that involves two bitter, historic rivals going through a breakup.
Click Here for Full Story
Cider Jim liked this
Sly, thanks for posting this. I talked to a professor friend this week who graduated from both UTEP and SHSU and couldn't be more thrilled about attending both away games this fall in his home state!
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]