If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By AATL
Ill flame wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 8:59 am

I saw this and thought it was interesting. One of these things aren't like the other.
Why change? They have yet to experience any consequences for it from the committee even with the second-to-last week of the season largely reserved as cupcake week. While the B1G cannibalizes itself through another week of conference games immediately prior to important rivalry games, the SEC plays thrillers like Alabama/Chattanooga, Texas A&M/Abilene Christian, LSU/Georgia State, Arkansas/FIU, Ole Miss/UL Monroe, Auburn/New Mexico State.

Although, actually.. New Mexico State vs Hugh Freeze? Who knows! :wink:
By Ill flame
Like I keep saying, the CFP committee says SOS matters but the rankings tell another story. Either the other P5 conferences need to start scheduling weaker schedules to artificially inflate W/L records like the SEC which is bad for the game imo or someone needs to force the SECs hand. As of right now the former seems to be happening. The big ten is exploring bringing back FCS games and the ACC no longer wants to schedule road G5 games. I think once ESPN starts spending again the SEC will expand to 9 conference games to close the TV revenue gap between them and the B1G. Right now it doesn't make sense for them to do it because ESPN won't pay them more.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 10:47 am Either the other P5 conferences need to start scheduling weaker schedules
They already do. They are only playing teams from the B10, ACC, PAC 12.
This year's men’s basketball?

I have no interest in a 6' 8 guard or a 7' forward[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.