If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
This is one residual of the transfer portal and one-and-done’s. Not complaining at all, but predictability has gone the way of the Do-Do.
flamehunter liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:09 pm I like Jim Calhoun. I like Kemba Walker. I picked UConn in my final four this year. I like Geno and Diana. They’re in my final four there too.

But every UConn fan I’ve ever known is a complete tool. We get it: they play great basketball in the Nutmeg State. What is this inferiority complex all of them seem to have? :dontgetit
Lighten up, my friend. You want to roll your eyes when I brought up how well they were playing, you open yourself up to some ribbing about it. It’s all in fun.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:19 pm They make the elite 8 and get eliminated before the final 4
Ah. I misread that original post. It makes sense now. I would have worded it differently but tomato tomatoe
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:21 pm when I brought up how well they were playing
Three months ago and before they lost six of eight. I pointed out the flaws, the conference exposed them, they adapted.

Which means when they win tomorrow night, I’m right twice. :twisted:

Are we still friends? :lol:
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I was referring to this thread, yesterday

If they win tomorrow night, I’ll only be more insufferable, so be prepared
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 24th, 2023, 10:33 pm I was referring to this thread, yesterday

If they win tomorrow night, I’ll only be more insufferable, so be prepared
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Who would have guessed two weeks ago that one quarter of the Elite Eight would be from SE Florida?

And it should be noted that all the regions of the continental US are covered:

NW: Gonzaga
SW: SD State
South-Central: Texas
North-Central: Creighton/K-State
SE: Miami/FAU
NE: UConn

No B1G schools. No SEC schools. No Pac-12 schools. CUSA has more schools than those three leagues combined. :lol:

Miami is your last ACC school standing. Let me repeat that Miami is the last ACC school standing.

The supposedly over-rated Big XII has two schools along with the Big East. Of course, the Horns are headed to the SEC in the not too distant future and Gonzaga is expected to come replace them. But that has yet to occur.

Just musings bouncing around my head this morning,
Cider Jim liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 25th, 2023, 11:12 am Who would have guessed two weeks ago that one quarter of the Elite Eight would be from SE Florida?

No B1G schools. No SEC schools. No Pac-12 schools. CUSA has more schools than those three leagues combined. :lol:

Miami is your last ACC school standing. Let me repeat that Miami is the last ACC school standing.

The supposedly over-rated Big XII has two schools along with the Big East. Of course, the Horns are headed to the SEC in the not too distant future and Gonzaga is expected to come replace them. But that has yet to occur.

I never heard anyone claiming the Big XII was overrated. All year they’ve been consistently acknowledged as the best conference in the Country.
There really isn’t a Blue Blood (maybe UCONN) Left which is awesome
Texas has something to prove and I can’t believe they haven’t removed the Interim tag from their coach
Tonight’s UCONN Gonzaga game is the National Championship game….although Texas looks good
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I think Texas will take the championship this year.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 25th, 2023, 1:22 pm
Sly Fox wrote: March 25th, 2023, 11:12 am Who would have guessed two weeks ago that one quarter of the Elite Eight would be from SE Florida?

I never heard anyone claiming the Big XII was overrated. All year they’ve been consistently acknowledged as the best conference in the Country.
There really isn’t a Blue Blood (maybe UCONN) Left which is awesome
Texas has something to prove and I can’t believe they haven’t removed the Interim tag from their coach
Tonight’s UCONN Gonzaga game is the National Championship game….although Texas looks good
It’s been generally accepted for the last few years the Big XII has been on top.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I don’t k ow anyone who was saying big 12 was overrated. Let’s not start being like UConn fans, begging for compliments when none are needed and fabricating biases where none exist. :lol:

The Big Ten on the other hand…yeesh! Every year they prove they’re just overrated. I had high hopes this year. But there’s always this nagging thought in the back recesses of my vast deeply knowledgeable brain, saying, “Yeah, but it’s the freaking Big Ten!”
ATrain liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I thin UCONN, Texas, K-State and Gonzaga all have looked like championship level squads. And UCONN isn’t a blue blood, that’s why we have an inferiority complex.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If Gonzaga comes to the Big XII, they’ll learn real quick what being in a true power conference is like. Really smart dude in Morgantown said as much preseason when those rumors started.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wow! The Owls!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:43 pm Man, thank goodness they won’t be in CUSA next year
I don’t think they started a Senior
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
How does Gonzaga have no shooters?
Sanogo is a beast
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
UCONN did a fantastic job taking Gonzaga out of their game. I was unaware of the dearth of shooter Gonzaga had. Again as proficient as the Zags are on offense they need to do something about their defense. Every year they just struggle with that.
UCONN is hot right now. I’m not sure if Texas can stop them. I do think SDSU matches up well with them but they gotta get there first
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
What a beatdown.

I’m not sure what was going on with Timme tonight, but he was a mess and the Zags really don’t have much to fall back on if his head’s not in the game. Just seems like they gave up mentally as soon as the second half started. My only thought is putting him on Jackson on defense was a bad choice, but even on offense he wasn’t sharp, two travels in the first 5 minutes, missed easy catches and shots he usually makes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Creighton has the Defense and jump shooters Gonzaga needed.
SDSU is the only team that can match up physically with UCONN
A Miami - FAU final would be hilarious
Cider Jim liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
What in the Sam Hill is going on with this Tournament!
LU 57 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 25th, 2023, 2:06 pm I think UCONN, Texas, K-State and Gonzaga all have looked like championship level squads.
Well, young man, you got ONE of those right! :lol:
stokesjokes liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]