If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 1st, 2023, 5:13 pm
JK37 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 4:37 pm Delle-Donne is the greatest offensive player I’ve ever seen. Aided by her 6’4” frame, one of the best women’s basketball players ever. But she NEVER played defense.

Taurasi is the greatest ever.

Clark is way up there on offense, but her size is her Achilles’ heel.
Dude, she’s 6’ tall and has crazy long arms. I used to think she was kinda frail but home girl has some guns on her. She’s a lot stronger than she looks.
I’d put her ahead of Taurasi simply because of the State of the women’s game compared to back then.
And you just lost a notch or three in my book!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 8:22 am
Purple Haize wrote: April 1st, 2023, 5:13 pm
JK37 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 4:37 pm Delle-Donne is the greatest offensive player I’ve ever seen. Aided by her 6’4” frame, one of the best women’s basketball players ever. But she NEVER played defense.

Taurasi is the greatest ever.

Clark is way up there on offense, but her size is her Achilles’ heel.
Dude, she’s 6’ tall and has crazy long arms. I used to think she was kinda frail but home girl has some guns on her. She’s a lot stronger than she looks.
I’d put her ahead of Taurasi simply because of the State of the women’s game compared to back then.
And you just lost a notch or three in my book!
Ha! Taurasi is one of the greats certainly. She is a batter playmaker than Clark. She is not a better shooter nor as fast nor a better rebounder. Both have good leadership qualities. But you put Taurasi on this Iowa team they are not in the Final Four. You put Clark on that UCONN team they might never lose.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LSU is going to have too much for Iowa.
The foul selection in this game is…interesting
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
To say the least.

Super tight calls in first. Balanced a bit in the second. Clark frustrated by LSU physicality, pushed off pretty obviously 2x.

Carson is playing out of her mind. LSU never shoots like this. Just their day.

Does LSU stay too much or does Iowa have a comeback for the ages?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 4:42 pm To say the least.

Super tight calls in first. Balanced a bit in the second. Clark frustrated by LSU physicality, pushed off pretty obviously 2x.

Carson is playing out of her mind. LSU never shoots like this. Just their day.

Does LSU stay too much or does Iowa have a comeback for the ages?
Both of those push offs were preceded by defenders hanging all over her.
2nd foul on LSU big is one I’m still looking for. But I certainly would have whacked Mulkey for doing what she did.
You have 3 officials calling 3 different games and both coaches have a right to be frustrated.
LSU is going to win going away. Carson was the wild card and she’s delivering for the Tigers.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Mulkey does it all the time. I think she doesn’t get whacked because she ALWAYS does it, daring officials.

The T on Clark was awful.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 5:38 pm Mulkey does it all the time. I think she doesn’t get whacked because she ALWAYS does it, daring officials.

The T on Clark was awful.
That T on Clark changed the whole game.
Baybird liked this
By jmclaughlin
Juwanna Mann...the Goat
Also, a foreshadowing of the patriarchal takeover of women's sport.
Idiocracy is now based on a true story.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m gonna need SDSU to put some more points on the board to cover my Over
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Glad to see the staff address the height and athle[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]