If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
With the basketball game on one TV and the Las Vegas NASCAR race on the other, William Byron's win was some salve on the afternoon as he dominated the race, winning both stages and taking the checkered flag. Caught a break with a late race caution which bunched up the field, but he was due some good luck after the last two races. Hope it's a good sign for the rest of the season.
Sly Fox, Kiwon liked this
By Kiwon
Nice to see Willie B. get another early win. Hopefully, the #24 team will develop into a consistent Top-10 team and avoid last season's struggles. William's got the beard going and getting his 5th win in such a dominating fashion is proof of his growing maturity. He's got everything a young driver could ask for with Hendrick Motor Sports, so this is his time to shine. It's cool to see him win, it's always cooler when he does so with LU as his main sponsor.

I suspect a lot of casual fans don't get the importance of the sponsorship, but William is taking the LU brand across the country, week by week, for 36 weeks a year (not to mention the permanency of YouTube videos, etc.). He's a great ambassador for the school (maybe less so when he's cussing out Logano and knocking Hamlin into the infield during pace car laps :D ), but Liberty's sponsorship is worth every penny as they develop themselves into a national brand and build bridges to communities throughout the nation.
Baybird, ballcoach15 liked this
By Baybird
Good win for William and the #24. Just on point of order, William has two primary sponsors and won yesterday's race with Raptor as his primary sponsor. I believe he'll be in an LU car on March 19th down in Atlanta.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Kiwon
Another big win for Willam at Phoenix, #6, and for a second week in a row. He held off Larson who had the preferred inside line in another clutch performance by the #24 Team. All HMS drivers finished in the top ten after going 1-2-3 last week.

William has matured into an amazing driver at just age 25 and carries himself very well in the media. LU is the primary sponsor next week in Atlanta, a race he won last year. It would be tough to do, but William should be a favorite to win the race and put the Liberty University Chevy into the winner's circle again.
alabama24 liked this
By rtb72
Fox Sports wrote:NASCAR TO RULE ON POSSIBLE TEAM HENDRICK PENALTIES, OTHER TOPICS
Updated Mar. 14, 2023 12:20 p.m. EDT

Bob Pockrass
FOX NASCAR INSIDER

AVONDALE, Ariz. — From possible penalties to the length of the restart zone to windshield wipers, NASCAR seems to have plenty of decisions to make over the next several weeks.

The first will be on whether to penalize the Hendrick Motorsports teams after NASCAR confiscated their louvers after practice Friday. They also confiscated the louvers of Kaulig Racing's Justin Haley on Saturday.

Click Here for Full Story
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I get it. But in the good olds days NASCAR was all about who could modify their car best. This cookie cutter stuff takes from the sport. But hey, that's the way everything headed these days. :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 14th, 2023, 6:43 pm I get it. But in the good olds days NASCAR was all about who could modify their car best. This cookie cutter stuff takes from the sport. But hey, that's the way everything headed these days. :lol:
And that is why NASCAR is going down the tubes. I used to go to every race in CLT, the first race at Indy and several other races. Now, because of the stupid rules, stages, etc. I wouldn't do to a race now, if they paid me.
ANother idea: Maybe they should start all the super-raceway races with 4 laps left. That is what they end up being anyway. The big crash. the last four laps in OT and usually some other white/checkered flag configuration ending.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
I must respectfully disagree! NASCAR racing is better than it has ever been and far from going down the tubes. Either that or there were 175,000 people, including myself, just to see the Daytona flea market a few weeks ago.
First of all, In the old days it was never about who could modify their car the best, but more about the few teams who had all the factory support money. I got tired of seeing the same couple of teams winning every race because they had a distinct advantage. Last year there was a record number of different winners because of the influx of available funds and technology throughout the garage. It has shifted more of the onus back to the driver where it belongs. You can believe that William Byron would probably never have had a chance to get one of those 2 or 3 preferred rides "back in the day because there were so few.
Secondly, stage racing has given the sport the biggest shot in the arm in the modern era. I have sat in Rockingham with three cars on the lead lap at the end of the race because one of the 2 or 3 factory teams ran away with an uncompetitive race. You could even hear several drivers say they would hang back until the last 50 laps. I don't want to pay for a 500 mile race that doesn't begin until the last 50 laps. Drivers now have to race the entire race because of the stage points so there is incentive to race hard all day.
Thirdly, The only fans that come in my race shop and complain about today's racing are the ones whose driver is no longer racing (usually #3 fans who wanted him to win every race). There are plenty of nice guys and villains and good old boys to pull from now, just pick one. I get the best of both worlds when I get to pull for my favorite school and favorite driver at the same time.
If you want to pull for a bunch of guys whose names you can't pronounce, in vehicles you can't identify, that can't get close enough to each other to "nudge" out of the way, than have at it. Or come by my store in Raleigh and I'll encourage you!
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Believe me, visit any of the race shops in the Charlotte area and you can see the engineering side and the work that goes into the pit crews and every other facet, but I enjoy the somewhat level playing field as opposed to a decided advantage just because a non-driver has figured out a way to best skirt the rules. Just me.
By the way, great conversation keeping me grounded during basketball time outs!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Racenut wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:47 pm I must respectfully disagree! NASCAR racing is better than it has ever been and far from going down the tubes. Either that or there were 175,000 people, including myself, just to see the Daytona flea market a few weeks ago.
First of all, In the old days it was never about who could modify their car the best, but more about the few teams who had all the factory support money. I got tired of seeing the same couple of teams winning every race because they had a distinct advantage. Last year there was a record number of different winners because of the influx of available funds and technology throughout the garage. It has shifted more of the onus back to the driver where it belongs. You can believe that William Byron would probably never have had a chance to get one of those 2 or 3 preferred rides "back in the day because there were so few.
Secondly, stage racing has given the sport the biggest shot in the arm in the modern era. I have sat in Rockingham with three cars on the lead lap at the end of the race because one of the 2 or 3 factory teams ran away with an uncompetitive race. You could even hear several drivers say they would hang back until the last 50 laps. I don't want to pay for a 500 mile race that doesn't begin until the last 50 laps. Drivers now have to race the entire race because of the stage points so there is incentive to race hard all day.
Thirdly, The only fans that come in my race shop and complain about today's racing are the ones whose driver is no longer racing (usually #3 fans who wanted him to win every race). There are plenty of nice guys and villains and good old boys to pull from now, just pick one. I get the best of both worlds when I get to pull for my favorite school and favorite driver at the same time.
If you want to pull for a bunch of guys whose names you can't pronounce, in vehicles you can't identify, that can't get close enough to each other to "nudge" out of the way, than have at it. Or come by my store in Raleigh and I'll encourage you!
I guess that is why they removed all the seats in turn two at CMS? They have also removed seats from other tracks because of low attendance . There must be a lot of people dressed up as empty seats then.
Maybe it is just the crowd I hang with. Most all of them used to watch NASCAR. Now............................................... no way.
By Ill flame
People were losing interest in the old product so NASCAR had to do something. I get the impression some people would rather watch the sport slowly die than embrace anything that might make it more entertaining to a broader audience.
By Kiwon
Another great win by William, #3 on the season.

Win #100 for the 24 team, at Darlington during Nascar's 75th anniversary with a throwback color scheme from Nascar's 50th anniversary, just days after his grandfather's death, and on Mother's Day........ William won't forget this victory.

Lots of stage wins, laps led, and Top 5 and 10 finishes this year...... William is really turning into a star. All with LU logo on his car and racing suit.
LUminary, Baybird, ballcoach15 and 2 others liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
That does look great! Will look good on the pole for the state of North Carolina’s biggest race!

I would like to see what a mostly red paint scheme would look like. Flip the blue and red.
Kiwon liked this
By Kiwon
TH Spangler wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:10 pm I would like to see what a mostly red paint scheme would look like. Flip the blue and red.
Hmm..... I don't know. I think red camo might defeat the purpose! :D
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote: May 28th, 2023, 9:37 pm
TH Spangler wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:10 pm I would like to see what a mostly red paint scheme would look like. Flip the blue and red.
Hmm..... I don't know. I think red camo might defeat the purpose! :D
Yea, this camo design is perfect. I'm thinking about previous schemes. I don't think they've ever done a primarily Red LU car.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]