If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame

Through the first 10 spring training games after the MLB implemented the pitch clock game times are down 22 minutes to an average game time of 2 hours and 34 minutes. That would be the quickest pace since 1978. In the minors last year games were an average of 25 games shorter. I think this would very huge for the game. You get the same amount of action in 30 less minutes. I'm as big of a baseball fan as anyone and even I was getting bored of watching relievers stand around for 30+ seconds between pitches.
I also like that they are limiting shifts. Other than a few gimmicky instances against Ted Williams back in the 1940s, the extreme shift hasn't really been a prominent part of the game until the last decade or two. I hate the new extra innings rule though.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I love the time changes. I hate the ban of the shift. The extra innings stuff is growing on me.
By AATL
The Boston-Atlanta game ended on a batter time violation with the bases loaded. I doubt that's the last time we'll see that this year.

I don't mind the pitch clock. To me, it doesn't feel like it's taking away a core element of the game and I won't miss some of the excessive prep and windup sequences. I wouldn't mind seeing them give a pitcher 2-3 warnings before it actually becomes an automatic ball/strike. I can't stand the runner on 2nd in extra innings though.
By Ill flame
They specifically allow limited time outs and step offs to prevent situations like the one you described. This was the first game of spring training, once the regular season starts things like this will be very rare. When this was first implemented in the minors there were two pitch clock violations a game. Within a few weeks they occurred once every two games, I'm not sure how rare they were once they were deep into the season.
AATL liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I like the pitch clock. It’s the same amount of baseball in less time.
I think after a few weeks it’ll be fairly rare for the batter or pitcher to have a violation.
I despise the runner on 2nd in extras. You spend 9 innings working incredibly hard to accomplish the difficult task of getting a baserunner and then all the sudden they magically appear in 2nd for no reason. I can’t get behind that.
I’m not a fan of banning the shift but it I don’t feel strongly about it and it certainly doesn’t bother me like the extra innings runner.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]