If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I didn’t want to clutter up the Alabama thread anymore, but do y’all believe me yet that UCONN is the best team in the country?

#1 in kenpom
#1 in NET
Haven’t trailed in the 2nd half all year
Have won every game by double digits
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I watched them tonight. Who guards Edey?

UCONN is good. I don’t believe they’re the best. But it’s a slim margin. Purdue, Arizona, UCONN, Alabama. That’s my early Final Four.

Houston, Gonzaga and Arkansas are on my next tier.

Haven’t seen enough of Kentucky, Tennessee or Kansas yet to have them figured. And I don’t care what the record says, I don’t like UVA. Yet.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
7’2” freshman Donovan Clingan comes off the bench, was the MVP of the Phil Knight invitational and would start at the 5 for any team not named UCONN or Purdue. Between him and Sanogo, Edey would have his hands full. Edey would be gassed and in foul trouble quickly. Insane depth that Purdue doesn’t have, who struggled to beat Nebraska and Davidson, whose bench scoring one point last night.

UCONN played their worst game of the season last night and beat a Quad 1 team by 22.

I don’t think Purdue is even close if the two were to play right now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 18th, 2022, 8:53 am 7’2” freshman Donovan Clingan comes off the bench, was the MVP of the Phil Knight invitational and would start at the 5 for any team not named UCONN or Purdue. Between him and Sanogo, Edey would have his hands full. Edey would be gassed and in foul trouble quickly. Insane depth that Purdue doesn’t have, who struggled to beat Nebraska and Davidson, whose bench scoring one point last night.

UCONN played their worst game of the season last night and beat a Quad 1 team by 22.

I don’t think Purdue is even close if the two were to play right now.
Purdue beat both Gonzaga and Duke by about 20. They both have some quality front line players. That Timme fellow seems ok.
Purdue pounds you both defensively and on the glass. They may not look pretty but they are classic Purdue. Strong and physical. They have the shooters and shot cheaters they haven’t had in years past either. They are, in my mind, still the best team in the Country.
Now, Purdue being Purdue will look great…..and then loose to The Archbishop of Canterbury Tech in the Elite 8 because for some reason they are cursed never to make another Final Four let alone Championship Game :lol: 8)
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I think Purdue and UCONN are similar in a lot of respects, UCONN’s just a better version. They had more offensive rebounds last night than Butler had field goals. If that’s not pounding you both defensively and on the glass, I don’t know what is.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 18th, 2022, 11:24 am I think Purdue and UCONN are similar in a lot of respects, UCONN’s just a better version. They had more offensive rebounds last night than Butler had field goals. If that’s not pounding you both defensively and on the glass, I don’t know what is.
I disagree. They’re both very good. I think Purdue’s first five is better, but UCONN just keeps coming at you. You mentioned the depth. Purdue runs an inordinately high number of QH’s and sets to ISO’s, but I can completely understand why. UCONN is more uptempo on full- and half-court. And if they do run a set it’s a lot of prelim movement to create a gap and go.

Make no mistake, if the brackets came out today, depending on matchups along the way. I’d be very tempted to see both in the final four. But I think they play very differently. But they don’t play it in December. Gonzaga is better than their rank. UCLA looked nice yesterday. Kentucky has a glaring weakness teams are exploiting. Arizona looked awfully good again. I can’t figure Tennessee out yet. Houston and Alabama are ridiculously athletic.

There is as much parity this year as I can remember. One of the good byproducts of the portal, I think.
stokesjokes liked this

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]