If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
How sweet this one is!

Love seeing Dusty cap off his acreer with the title.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Amen. I'm glad he won a ring.

Also glad that Bryce Harper still has no World Series ring.
By AATL
Kudos to Dusty. Brian Snitker and Dusty Baker in back to back years.. who says modern baseball is all about analytics!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It’s November. No one cares about baseball. The season should have been over 3 weeks ago
ATrain liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Happy for former Oriole Trey Mancini. Glad he got a ring!
Baybird liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I watched a lot of this WS, even though I couldn’t find it in myself to cheer for either team. Good for Dusty and Little Snitker. Good for Verlander finally. The Peña kid, I thought, was the difference maker.

Yesterday was a rough day for Philly sports. Which is always a good day for me.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Has to be the first time a city lost two major championships on the same day, no? The eagles will come crashing back down to earth next
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
We’ll see about the eagles come playoffs.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Two World Championships, Four World Series, 6 consectives ALCS appearances in last six years. It is time to recognize the dynasty.

But .. but .. the garbage cans!

OK, since that title the Yankees, Red Sox & Dodgers have all had their cheating scandals exposed and yet the Astros have remained in the crosshairs of fans at every stadium to this day. The result: One World Championship, three World Ssries, 5 consecutve ALCS appearances. Time to recognize.
Cider Jim liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
... and yet every team in MLB does it. The Manfred letter to the Yankees proves the hypocrisy. The trash cans were just a bridge too far. Great, they were caught admonished and have had to live under a microscope for five years. One of the two players who stayed out of the scheme has somehow now become the face of cheating in baseball. Makes perfect sense. You abstain form the cheating and then get the brunt of the abuse. Through it all, they have kept on winning.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
By your own admission, the Astros went too far. Trash cans and arm buzzers. They KNEW it was too far. Altuve signaling to not pup off his jersey, was the last straw for me. And for that, they will always be a pariah. If the Astros are mad they’re not getting their due, they have only themselves to blame.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There were trash cans. There were never shown to be buzzers, That was pure speculation. Altuve had a tattoo the day before the jersey situation that you referenced and showed it off to media the next day when the speculation arose. A big nothing-burger. Yes, they cheated. Yes, the have paid a price. Yes, the Yankees, Red Sox & Dodgers have all proven to be cheaters making their sanctimonious derision incredibly hypocritical.

Once again, with the entire baseball world putting them under a microscope for the past five years they have proven it wasn't just the trash cans that made them great. In fact, with the world anxious to jump on anything at all they have in fact gotten better.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It’s November. No one cares about baseball
Cider Jim, ATrain liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We do here in Houston since it is becoming a regular part of our sporting calendar to play in a World Series. But I get how it is for others.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
You can keep shouting into the wind, but I’m not sure what it accomplishes.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:11 am You can keep shouting into the wind, but I’m not sure what it accomplishes. :wink:
You mean talking about baseball in November, right?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:23 am
JK37 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:11 am You can keep shouting into the wind, but I’m not sure what it accomplishes. :wink:
Nobody likes you.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:29 am
Nobody likes you.
To know me is to love me! :D :lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 8:17 am
You are now on the list.
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: November 6th, 2022, 2:37 pm
JK37 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 8:17 am
You are now on the list.
The ‘short’ list? :lol:
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Nobody likes you.
Actually, I used to like @Purple Haize until he and @bigsmooth backed out of their trip to Arkansas for yesterday’s game.
JK37, Cider Jim, Sly Fox liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: November 6th, 2022, 3:06 pm

Nobody likes you.
Actually, I used to like @Purple Haize until he and @bigsmooth backed out of their trip to Arkansas for yesterday’s game.
That’s hurtful.

If flights weren’t $800 we would have been there. But when it’s cheaper to fly to London than Fayetteville tough decisions need to be made. Obviously we missed an incredible experience. And a pretty good game too.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]