If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
And not a word about your team winning its second World Series, SumItUp? I expected you to chime in on this thread.
SumItUp liked this
By Ill flame
I can remember all the years of tanking and empty stadiums the Astros had when they were still in the NL central. I knew when they hired lunhow as their GM they were about to get good but I'm suprised how well they have maintained it. I never understood why a championship level team decided they needed to cheat in the first place when they were already winning.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
All valid questions. But it all worked. Ironically it was a team in Philly that tried to pull a similar tactic. Remember, "trust the process"? It doesn't always work but the Astros' grand experiment has proven to be a masterclass for all sports teams to ponder.
By Ill flame
Tanking is great if you're one of the only teams doing it. If I remember correctly the Astros were the first to take it as far as they did. Unfortunately for the Phillies they were slightly behind the times and not every tanking team can get good at the same time. I hope the mlb finds a way to discourage that strategy. More teams should try to stay just good enough to go to the playoffs like the cardinals do instead of being all or nothing. The best team rarely wins the world series.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:23 am
JK37 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:11 am You can keep shouting into the wind, but I’m not sure what it accomplishes. :wink:
You mean talking about baseball in November, right?
I think he means Sly talking about Texas and Houston
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]