If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Tennessee Titans just announced that Malik Willis will start the next game against the Texans. Apparently , RT is suffering from a stomach bug. Let's go MW!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Malik Willis also got his first WIN as an NFL QB for the Titans. :clapping :fbplayer :clapping
AATL, AATL, AATL and 1 others liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Malik looking pretty good. The Titans have nobody open and not very good pass blocking but the read option is helping the Titans run game, big time. A big throw from Malik that was dropped... I'd say Malik is keeping them in the game more than the stats reflect.
Sly Fox, rtb72 liked this
By rtb72
He's ability to run is also allowing Henry to get a little room. He had a couple nice passes too. Love seeing him on this stage!
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Yea I saw a lot of MW hate on Twitter last night. The game plan was horrid, I did see a lot of fire Downing posts too haha. But their line and wr are horrible. He made some good throws that were dropped. He also had a few bad throws and some bad choices. That final drive in OT was so bad. He’s got learning to do obviously but we all know his talent and he’ll get there IF the titans coaching doesn’t continue to handicap him. It could be that he will need a new team that allows him the playbook and to go do what he can do.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I came across these stats showing avg. yards of separation for the WR/TEs for the Titans vs. KC. No one even close to the league average for the Titans... KC was much better. Malik literally had no one to throw to, so on that last drive when he really feels the pressure to make a play, I don't blame him. I just hope the Vrabel and co. don't use him as a scapegoat. There was some plays Malik had in that game that few could make in the league. IE running away from two DLmen and throwing a 16 yd strike off balance and off the backfoot. Initially when he was drafted, I thought the Titans might be a good fit... not so sure about that anymore.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/game-center
Liberty22 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
As HCHF used to say, "NEXT MAN UP!" :fbplayer
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I don’t get to watch the Titans often where I live but for those of you that do get to watch is his performance as bad as the numbers indicate? Some people online are just ripping him to shreds while others are saying it’s the o-line and play calling. But anyway through just a few games it seems it’s been pretty rough.
By AATL
It's a mix. Regardless of the QB, their fans have been vehemently calling for the OC to be fired all year and basically the entire starting OL is on IR. Their receiver room has also been abysmal. However, Malik still misses some reads and takes some ugly sacks while running for his life. They rarely let him throw downfield, but he's mixed in some nice balls when given the opportunity. I think he's receiving an obnoxious amount of ire because the team is a hot mess and fans pick on the easy targets.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: December 24th, 2022, 10:56 pm It's a mix. Regardless of the QB, their fans have been vehemently calling for the OC to be fired all year and basically the entire starting OL is on IR. Their receiver room has also been abysmal. However, Malik still misses some reads and takes some ugly sacks while running for his life. They rarely let him throw downfield, but he's mixed in some nice balls when given the opportunity. I think he's receiving an obnoxious amount of ire because the team is a hot mess and fans pick on the easy targets.
If Henry doesn't fumble on a late drive that looked to be the dagger for the Texans, Titans win. Willis did pretty much what he was ask to do and then some. Stats took a hit late, after the fumble and a Houston score. Also OL and others took some penalties resulting in several big plays being called back.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Titans are starting a QB they signed 8 days ago over Malik tonight.
By AATL
Interesting. Vrabel was not shy about critiquing him throughout the preseason and has not done so as severely through Malik's regular season starts. The Titans are sitting an eye-popping number of players tonight since this game has no bearing on their playoff situation. Their game vs. Jacksonville next week should shed more light on whether this was a "stay healthy" situation or a real reflection of their views on the QB room.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: December 29th, 2022, 2:24 pm Interesting. Vrabel was not shy about critiquing him throughout the preseason and has not done so as severely through Malik's regular season starts. The Titans are sitting an eye-popping number of players tonight since this game has no bearing on their playoff situation. Their game vs. Jacksonville next week should shed more light on whether this was a "stay healthy" situation or a real reflection of their views on the QB room.
IMO it’s a reflection. If Willis is your QB of the future what better time to get meaningful snaps than RIGHT NOW. You don’t start a guy you signed 6 days ago if you have confidence that your QB of the future is on the roster
By Tothehoopyall1
Well... Malik has played 3 games and done little to nothing in those games. I think this is a sign that he may not be their guy long term. He's had some good moments but some VERY UGLY ones as well.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
One series in for the titans and they’ve already called more pass plays for Dobbs then they do for MW. I hope they trade him to a team that will use him the right way.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]