If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: December 29th, 2022, 9:26 pm One series in for the titans and they’ve already called more pass plays for Dobbs then they do for MW. I hope they trade him to a team that will use him the right way.
What is the ‘right way’ for him? There’s a reason he wasn’t drafted the first several days or one of the first QB’s taken
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Maybe give him more than 8 attempts per game. Though I think they gave him more than that last game. So yes I went and looked at it. Last game 24 attempts which is great. Prior games to that, 4 attempts each game. A qb needs more than 4 attempts per game to get going.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I guess MW has just been really bad in practice (not been great in the games either) but I don’t understand giving Dobbs 39 pass attempts 6 days off the street when the most Willis had was 24 last game. This other games 4, 4, 16. Where was the open playbook for him like tonight. Again must be what they’ve seen in practice etc.
By rtb72
Liberty22 wrote: December 30th, 2022, 12:24 am I guess MW has just been really bad in practice (not been great in the games either) but I don’t understand giving Dobbs 39 pass attempts 6 days off the street when the most Willis had was 24 last game. This other games 4, 4, 16. Where was the open playbook for him like tonight. Again must be what they’ve seen in practice etc.
By rtb72
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: December 29th, 2022, 3:06 pm Well... Malik has played 3 games and done little to nothing in those games. I think this is a sign that he may not be their guy long term. He's had some good moments but some VERY UGLY ones as well.
May not be a bad thing for Malik. Frankly, I'm not a fan of Downing, and think Malik may progress better elsewhere.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Malik just got screwed over by Vrabel. To give Dobbs 39 passing attempts is a slap in the face to Malik. Malik completed 61% of his passes a week ago and tonight Dobbs completed 51% of his passes. Yes, Malik threw a bad INT vs the Texans but Dobbs threw an INT just as bad as Malik tonight. You can't tell me that Malik would've played far worse than Dobbs tonight. You drafted the kid so give the kid his shot and if he doesn't work out then so be it. 3 starts is not enough time to move on from him especially when the OC has been so vanilla in play-calling in each of those games. Rant over.
thesportscritic liked this
By LUOrange
JK37 wrote: December 30th, 2022, 1:22 pm I’ve always liked Vrabel as a coach. You guys act like they’re out to get Malik. They drafted him, so it’s in their best interest for him to succeed. If he doesn’t, it’s not going to be because they torpedoed their own guy.
Some coaches and franchises are just career killers for players, especially QB's. I've always thought Ryan Leaf was dealt the career killer by being drafted by San Diego. It was why Archie and Eli refused to sign with them. The Redskins are a death trap for any professional career, and I don't even follow the NFL anymore.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Vrabel announced today Dobbs will start against the Jags with the division on the line Saturday.
They clearly have no faith or expectations out of Malik at all. He must look pretty brutal in practice. But he was labeled from the beginning as a huge upside guy with a really really low floor.
Hopefully after a few years in the league and the right opportunity we can see that potential. This certainly isn’t good but by no means is it a final nail in the coffin for him.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Vrabel is a top-of-the-class idiot. Who will the team play for the hardest? Malik. Who has been with the team since the beginning? Malik. Who knows the offense best? Malik. Who has the most upside? Malik. Who can get them out of trouble due to his dual-threat ability? Malik.

I know I am biased toward Malik but you don't pull this kind of move at the end of the season as Vrabel has. I would understand this move if it was Logan Woodside who has been with the Titans I think for 3 years. But Dobbs who was basically pulled off the street and this makes no sense.

I hope the Titans get shut-out this week.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kinda makes you wonder who pulled the trigger on drafting Malik. Cause right now it seems like Vrabel wasn’t interested
rtb72 liked this
By LUOrange
Purple Haize wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 9:04 pm Kinda makes you wonder who pulled the trigger on drafting Malik. Cause right now it seems like Vrabel wasn’t interested
From what little I've paid attention, he hasn't seemed very interested in Malik all season.
By rtb72
LUOrange wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 12:45 am
Purple Haize wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 9:04 pm Kinda makes you wonder who pulled the trigger on drafting Malik. Cause right now it seems like Vrabel wasn’t interested
From what little I've paid attention, he hasn't seemed very interested in Malik all season.
Sort of felt the same way. Never really seemed like much interest in developing him or giving him more options in game plan. May be better fit on different team with different dynamics...
LUOrange liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
You can see the GM firing different ways. The GM was responsible for evaluating and drafting Malik. It doesn’t speak highly of his decision for Dobbs to get plucked off the practice squad and start over him.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The GM got fired after the WR they traded to the Eagles, absolutely TORCHED them.

As for drafting Malik, at least he only spent a third-rounder on him. I’m not inclined to think that’s what got him canned.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Vrabel probably threw him under the bus. If you remember, it was obvious on draft night that coach and GM weren’t on same page.
By AATL
The Titans ditched their OC today: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/354 ... dd-downing

It seemed pretty obvious that Malik wasn't comfortable in that system. Whether it was play calling, reads, or a combination of the two, he never seemed to have opportunities to push the ball downfield or use his legs. Vrabel also mentioned the potential of keeping Dobbs in their organization, so we'll see what happens.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]