If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame
cruzan_flame13 wrote: October 27th, 2022, 10:27 pm
They still haven't proven themselves yet if we're being honest. I wouldn't use that car; maybe a McLaren GT for now.
That Iowa defense Ohio St just scored 54 points on is easily one of the top three in the country if not the best. Unfortunately for Iowa their offense might be the worst in the country. If we are just talking offenses it's hard to say they are unproven.
By AATL
Ill flame wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote: October 27th, 2022, 10:27 pm
They still haven't proven themselves yet if we're being honest. I wouldn't use that car; maybe a McLaren GT for now.
That Iowa defense Ohio St just scored 54 points on is easily one of the top three in the country if not the best. Unfortunately for Iowa their offense might be the worst in the country. If we are just talking offenses it's hard to say they are unproven.
To be fair, the Iowa defense was playing against two offenses for most of that game - OSU's and Iowa's.
JK37 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Harsin is finally out at Auburn.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: October 31st, 2022, 1:25 pm Harsin is finally out at Auburn.
We will see if they still make a run at Freeze.
I’m putting a couple bucks they go after Sanders
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 31st, 2022, 1:27 pm
I’d love to see Sanders at Auburn. The entertainment value of that marriage would be just fantastic.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote: October 31st, 2022, 1:27 pm
Would Sanders want the craziness and pressure at the SEC? He has put JSU on the mao and is getting so much media attention for himself and the players. He doesn't need the money and he is getting the love that he loves and needs. The little beef that is happening around the SWAC is also a little extra benefit. I don't see Sanders taking that risk unless he wants a bigger challenge. On the plus side, he'd just take his sons, Hunter and other former 5*s with him to help ease the wound.
By Tnobes
Ill flame wrote: September 21st, 2022, 5:04 pm I have no doubt that he would do well at auburn but there are a ton of headaches associated with that job that he doesn't have to put up with here. He would be back under the microscope of the national media at auburn while he mostly flies under the radar here. He's already getting P5 money as it is, so unless they are willing to give him close to that nick saban money I just don't see it happening unless he gets that itch to be in the national championship conversation again. I've been wrong before though.
So 2 or 3 years at Auburn and then fired because that's what Auburn does, then what for coach freeze? An OC somewhere? Back to a small school? Why would he take Auburn job, there is no upside
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 1st, 2022, 10:12 am
Ill flame wrote: September 21st, 2022, 5:04 pm I have no doubt that he would do well at auburn but there are a ton of headaches associated with that job that he doesn't have to put up with here. He would be back under the microscope of the national media at auburn while he mostly flies under the radar here. He's already getting P5 money as it is, so unless they are willing to give him close to that nick saban money I just don't see it happening unless he gets that itch to be in the national championship conversation again. I've been wrong before though.
So 2 or 3 years at Auburn and then fired because that's what Auburn does, then what for coach freeze? An OC somewhere? Back to a small school? Why would he take Auburn job, there is no upside
The upside is to win championships and a common trait among head coaches is the ego that says “I can win here regardless of what anyone else has done. I’m good enough to get it done.”
Also, if he fails Auburn will give him 30 million or so to go away.
By AATL
Freeze has been fairly outspoken about the negative impact of NIL on recruiting, especially using NIL deals to persuade kids into making life-altering decisions about their education. I don't pretend to know him, but Auburn would almost certainly represent a jump into the middle of the NIL arms race that is SEC recruiting.
By Tnobes
I would think the negative aspects of NIL would be a reason to stay away from Auburn. If coach freeze goes to Auburn immediately after signing an extension it would show he duped everyone at liberty into thinking he's a man of character when really he's just like the rest of them just using institutions for personal gain and saying what people want to hear
By Tnobes
And I'm not saying he can't leave at some point in time under good terms, someday he will. But leaving right after you sign a contract extension would seem very snake oil salesman like, seems like a lane kiffin Brian Kelly thing to do, some coaches don't care who or what they leave in their wake or how the previous school views their exit, but I think Hugh Freeze cares. He goes at some point in time, but I don't believe he goes to Auburn or goes now.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 10:26 am And I'm not saying he can't leave at some point in time under good terms, someday he will. But leaving right after you sign a contract extension would seem very snake oil salesman like, seems like a lane kiffin Brian Kelly thing to do, some coaches don't care who or what they leave in their wake or how the previous school views their exit, but I think Hugh Freeze cares. He goes at some point in time, but I don't believe he goes to Auburn or goes now.
I don’t disagree with you about some/most coaches and looking out for themselves. I also don’t disagree that now specifically is not the time. I’d be a little surprised, but not shocked.

That said, it wouldn’t be snake oil salesman to go after signing a big deal. It could be an insurance policy to LU, making sure the payout to Liberty huge if he knows he’s leaving soon. “Let me look out for me, and for you soon too.”
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 10:30 am
Tnobes wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 10:26 am And I'm not saying he can't leave at some point in time under good terms, someday he will. But leaving right after you sign a contract extension would seem very snake oil salesman like, seems like a lane kiffin Brian Kelly thing to do, some coaches don't care who or what they leave in their wake or how the previous school views their exit, but I think Hugh Freeze cares. He goes at some point in time, but I don't believe he goes to Auburn or goes now.
I don’t disagree with you about some/most coaches and looking out for themselves. I also don’t disagree that now specifically is not the time. I’d be a little surprised, but not shocked.

That said, it wouldn’t be snake oil salesman to go after signing a big deal. It could be an insurance policy to LU, making sure the payout to Liberty huge if he knows he’s leaving soon. “Let me look out for me, and for you soon too.”
But his contract is fully guaranteed meaning liberty would owe him 40 million, and someone reported the buyout is 3 million. So would liberty get 3 million and be off the hook for the rest of the guaranteed contract or owe him 37 million? Not sure how the contract works. You could have a valid point about looking out for liberty.
By Ill flame
Tnobes wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 3:34 pm
But his contract is fully guaranteed meaning liberty would owe him 40 million, and someone reported the buyout is 3 million. So would liberty get 3 million and be off the hook for the rest of the guaranteed contract or owe him 37 million? Not sure how the contract works. You could have a valid point about looking out for liberty.
Yes if another school comes in and buys out the contract that nullifies any other money freeze would've been entitled to. If that $3 million number is accurate it's very one sided toward freeze. It would definitely not be him looking out for Liberty. Unless it was inaccurately reported and the buyout is actually $3 million per year remaining on the contract which would be looking out for Liberty.
By Tnobes
Thank you for that clarification, I appreciate it. If the buyout is only 3 million then coach freeze is leaving a lot of money on the table at Liberty (security) for a chance at Auburn where he could be fired in 2 or 3 years if the boosters get disgruntled at a 6 or 7 win season (because Auburn is crazy like that). There are SEC jobs that are good, Auburn isn't one of them. Let's hope freeze stays or Auburn goes in a different direction like kiffin or primetime.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 10:04 pm If the buyout is only 3 million then coach freeze is leaving a lot of money on the table at Liberty (security) for a chance at Auburn where he could be fired in 2 or 3 years if the boosters get disgruntled at a 6 or 7 win season (because Auburn is crazy like that).
You are not understanding this at all. :lol:

Bryan Harsin was the "little guy" getting a shot. He is walking away with $22.25 million to not coach another game. If Freeze goes, his deal will be much better than Harsin's. Harsin was making a similar amount to Freeze here at Liberty (under the new contract), but only 70% was guaranteed. If Freeze leaves, expect his new contract to be MUCH larger and FULLY guaranteed. I would expect him to get a deal on par with schools like A&M... ($7.5 / 10 year / fully guaranteed) or more. Look at Mel Tucker at Michigan State (95 million over 10 years, fully guaranteed).
Tnobes wrote: November 1st, 2022, 11:05 pm If coach freeze goes to Auburn immediately after signing an extension it would show he duped everyone at liberty into thinking he's a man of character when really he's just like the rest of them just using institutions for personal gain and saying what people want to hear
Nope.

Just think about this: If you were a head coach, what are you supposed to do if you like where you are but you <might> want an opporunity if it came along? You sign your contract extension, you say thank you, You tell everyone how much you love the place you are at, you keep your mouth shut, you let your agent do all the negotiations behind the scenes, you consider an offer if it comes along, you take it if you want it.
JK37 liked this
By Tnobes
[/Quote]Nope.

Just think about this: If you were a head coach, what are you supposed to do if you like where you are but you <might> want an opporunity if it came along? You sign your contract extension, you say thank you, You tell everyone how much you love the place you are at, you keep your mouth shut, you let your agent do all the negotiations behind the scenes, you consider an offer if it comes along, you take it if you want it.
[/quote]

No, you don't sign an extension, you tell the truth and tell the AD you don't want an extension because you are looking at other opportunities. At least that's what you do if you have integrity. Do you take your wife out for your anniversary, give her jewelry, then a month later leave her for someone else? Signing an extension and leaving right after would be the definition of low life. You do realize Auburn is paying 2 head coaches now not to coach? When they hire their next coach they will be paying 3 head coaches simultaneously. You are out of your mind if you think they are going to do a crazy guaranteed money contract again.
By Tnobes
And harsins career is now in the toilet, he should have stayed at Boise state, he gambled and lost, won't get another P5 head coach gig
By Ill flame
Tnobes wrote: November 4th, 2022, 11:46 pm
No, you don't sign an extension, you tell the truth and tell the AD you don't want an extension because you are looking at other opportunities. At least that's what you do if you have integrity. Do you take your wife out for your anniversary, give her jewelry, then a month later leave her for someone else? Signing an extension and leaving right after would be the definition of low life. You do realize Auburn is paying 2 head coaches now not to coach? When they hire their next coach they will be paying 3 head coaches simultaneously. You are out of your mind if you think they are going to do a crazy guaranteed money contract again.
Those crazy guaranteed money contracts are the price of doing business now. Auburn isn't paying huge buyouts just to cheap out on the next coach otherwise they should've just kept their current coach another season. We are giving freeze a guaranteed $5 million a year. If auburn wants him they will have to pay significantly more than that.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Nope.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are so sweet and naive.
Purple Haize, alabama24 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 4th, 2022, 11:56 pm
Nope.

[/quote]

[/quote]

What is it the kids say? “Tell me you don’t know anything about coaching contracts without telling me you don’t know anything about coaching contracts”.
SEC football money is crazy money. Look at what LSU paid to get Kelly away from ND or A and M to get Jimbo from FSU.
You take jobs at that level with the understanding you’ll get fired. You’ll also find a job elsewhere if you want. I’m not sure Freeze wants the ob but I certainly understand if he takes it. $22 million walk away only? Heck of a retirement plan
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: November 5th, 2022, 12:24 am
JK37 wrote: November 4th, 2022, 11:56 pm
Nope.

[/quote]

What is it the kids say? “Tell me you don’t know anything about coaching contracts without telling me you don’t know anything about coaching contracts”.
SEC football money is crazy money. Look at what LSU paid to get Kelly away from ND or A and M to get Jimbo from FSU.
You take jobs at that level with the understanding you’ll get fired. You’ll also find a job elsewhere if you want. I’m not sure Freeze wants the ob but I certainly understand if he takes it. $22 million walk away only? Heck of a retirement plan
[/quote]

It is a heck of a retirement plan if you don't care about morals, ethics, character, integrity and Christian values. If you want to sell your soul, it's great. You just proved my point about if freeze takes the job he's not the man he's been presenting himself to be. Taking a job expecting to get fired? Can you get less Christ like than that? I'll guess we will find out
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]