If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 26th, 2022, 11:35 am Matt Rhule to Nebraska is a done deal.
Round peg. Round hole.
By Wvflame2013
thepostman wrote: November 26th, 2022, 1:31 pm It was. Nebraska just isn't what it use to be. I still believe Frost can coach.
Nebraska is a program on decline that will forever struggle to be relevant. Same with wvu and vtech.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 4:36 pm
thepostman wrote: November 26th, 2022, 1:31 pm It was. Nebraska just isn't what it use to be. I still believe Frost can coach.
Nebraska is a program on decline that will forever struggle to be relevant. Same with wvu and vtech.
You can leave now. Pick your door.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 26th, 2022, 10:10 pm Willie Taggart @ FAU — Gone

Allegedly Colorado has offered Coach Prime their gig
Taggart has been a falling star for awhile.

Prime needs to hold out or stay. Colorado isn’t a good fit.
AATL, JK37 liked this
By AATL
Wow. That would blow a hole in the theory that Chryst was fired so they could retain Jim Leonhard. I'm sure someone out there would be happy to be the beneficiary and give Leonhard a gig.
By Ill flame
AATL wrote: November 27th, 2022, 1:58 pm Wow. That would blow a hole in the theory that Chryst was fired so they could retain Jim Leonhard. I'm sure someone out there would be happy to be the beneficiary and give Leonhard a gig.
The theory I kept hearing was that he was fired so Leonhard would have an opportunity to prove he's the guy and he didn't do that. Fickell would be a slam dunk hire for them and the big ten west is about to get tough.
Kricket liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: November 27th, 2022, 1:58 pm Wow. That would blow a hole in the theory that Chryst was fired so they could retain Jim Leonhard. I'm sure someone out there would be happy to be the beneficiary and give Leonhard a gig.
Iowa could take him.
By AATL
Amidst the focus on our own little section of the carousel, it's been a busy day elsewhere. Cincy, Stanford, Texas State, and Tulsa are now hiring.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: November 27th, 2022, 10:21 pm Amidst the focus on our own little section of the carousel, it's been a busy day elsewhere. Cincy, Stanford, Texas State, and Tulsa are now hiring.
Any former LU coaches being mentioned?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 27th, 2022, 11:06 pm
AATL wrote: November 27th, 2022, 10:21 pm Amidst the focus on our own little section of the carousel, it's been a busy day elsewhere. Cincy, Stanford, Texas State, and Tulsa are now hiring.
Please tell me you are kidding. Who?
By Ill flame
flameshaw wrote: November 28th, 2022, 8:45 am
Purple Haize wrote: November 27th, 2022, 11:06 pm
Please tell me you are kidding. Who?
Well our previous DC (Scott Symons) seemed to be a rising coaching prospect until he took a sideways move to SMU and made their defense significantly worse so now he has some work to do.

And our previous OL coach (Sam Gregg) is now an offensive coordinator at Southern Miss and took their offense from a dumpster fire to a slightly smaller dumpster fire. Other than them I'm not sure what other former LU coaches are coordinators or higher and might be a candidate for a G5 head coaching job. Both of them would be terrible hires as head coaches though.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Scott Wachenheim (former LU assistant) left VMI recently. While I doubt he wants to coach right now based on his reasons for stepping down, he would be a good candidate for a school somewhere.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Current FBS openings as of Monday morning:

Cincinnati
Colorado
FAU
Georgia Tech
Liberty
Stanford
Texas State
Tulsa
UAB
UNLV
USF
Western Michigan
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
A new G5 job opened up today…a pretty good one too :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:42 am Is Danny Rocco done?
Sources say Rocco an assistant coach at Penn State.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]