If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame
The Best Divisions According to Preseason FPI

Here is the average conference division strength according to ESPN Football Power Index ratings.

1) SEC West - 14 avg
2) B1G East - 32 avg
3) ACC Atlantic - 36 avg
4) XII - 37 avg
5) SEC East - 41 avg
6) B1G West - 47 avg
7) ACC Coastal - 49 avg
8 ) PAC12 South - 52 avg
9) PAC12 North - 56 avg
10) AAC - 69 avg
11) Sun Belt East - 88 avg
12) MW Mountain - 91 avg
13) CUSA East - 92 avg
14) CUSA West - 93 avg
15) MW West - 96 avg
16) MAC West - 102 avg
17) Sun Belt West - 102 avg
18) MAC East - 113 avg

I stole this from reddit but thought you guys might find it interesting. On top is always the SEC west and Big ten East but I was suprised to see the ACC Atlantic so high. Obviously FPI rankings are complete trash until at least halfway through the season though.

We are almost to the season, only two more weeks to go!
By Ill flame
Just some observations from week 0.

- Scott Frost won't make it until the end of the season. His buyout gets cut in half from $15 million to $7.5 million October 1st so it seems inevitable Nebraska will wait until then to let him go. Northwestern is projected to be one of the worst teams in the west and they looked the part but Nebraska looked worse.

- Wyoming is in rough shape after all of those transfers in the off season. Illinois may be better than expected but wyoming just looked bad. Craig Bohl may find himself on the hot seat if they don't improve quickly.

- It wasn't a good day for the new look C-USA teams. WKU was almost upset by an FCS schools and looked like a team that won't be bowling this year. UTEP was blown out by a mediocre North Texas team and NMSU still has a long way to go under Jerry kill. At least their defense showed promise and they seemed to have found their QB of the future after their Starting QB had 4 turnovers. If they would've started the freshman QB to begin with NMSU wins that game.

- uconn is actually looking better than normal which isn't saying much but maybe that game won't hurt our SOS as much as we expect. They hung in there until late in the 4th quarter against a team expected to be toward the top of MWC. I still expect them to be an easy win for us.

Only 6 more days to go!
LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Marshall upset #8 Notre Dame, 26-21. :shock: :woohoo :clapping
alabama24 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
An SEC school is over-rated in College Station yesterday but not in Austin? You must be a big believer in the Texas is back noise.

For the record, I was at Kyle Field yesterday and the App State victory was no fluke. They dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. And Jimbo's refusal to bench his ineffective starter to put in his LSU transfer shows me he's no longer the QB guru some made him out to be.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 6:09 am ND was over ranked, as usual. But great to see Marshall beat them.
Texas A&M was also over ranked. I expect the crooked pollsters to keep both of them ranked this week.

Roll Tide
BAMA was also over ranked. #RollTide anyway.

Texas deserved to win. College football is better with Texas back. It appears Sark has them headed in the right direction… but my, the defense.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 11th, 2022, 9:27 am An SEC school is over-rated in College Station yesterday but not in Austin? You must be a big believer in the Texas is back noise.

For the record, I was at Kyle Field yesterday and the App State victory was no fluke. They dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. And Jimbo's refusal to bench his ineffective starter to put in his LSU transfer shows me he's no longer the QB guru some made him out to be.
Jimbo left FSU right before he got kicked out. He is the Col. Tom Parker of College Football.
Time will tell if Texas “is back” or not. I certainly didn’t believe the 20+ point spread prior to kickoff. I expected a game, but not a heart attack. :football
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Two weeks in, seems to me everyone is chasing UGA.

Maybe if Nick and Jim I hadn’t spend the off-season bickering like school children, their teams would look better. :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think Alabama took Texas lightly, and didn't come to play. Bama looked bad on both sides of the ball.
College football doesn't need Texas (or Texas A&M). Both think they're good because they have a lot of $$$$$$$$.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 11:56 am I think Alabama took Texas lightly, and didn't come to play. Bama looked bad on both sides of the ball.
College football doesn't need Texas (or Texas A&M). Both think they're good because they have a lot of $$$$$$$$.
Why no "overrated" description of the tide? Seems obvious to me.

And as an objective college football fan I would love the Longhorns to be relevant again. And apparently they don't have as much cash as 'bama, at least when it comes to buying off the refs. :lol: :lol:
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 2:10 pm If Alabama brought off the refs, a refund is in order.

Alabama 15 penalties for 100 yards

Texas 5 penalties for 30 yards.
I refer to the sack/intentional grounding in the end zone that ended up as an incomplete pass after they tried to call targeting/roughing the passer. Those 2 points would have won the game for Texas.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
the PI calls and the non holding call at teh end there were all really really bad. also no intentional grounding in the endzone is a bit mind boggling. I think it was just bad reffing. Bama lucked out because I think Ewers would of chewed them up and spit them out.

Great to see ND, A&M, and Wisc lose.

Frost is a great person it seems and you feel for a guy crapping the bed after getting his dream job, but at least he'll have his UCF championship to fall back on.
flamehunter, Sly Fox liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 11:36 am Two weeks in, seems to me everyone is chasing UGA.

Maybe if Nick and Jim I hadn’t spend the off-season bickering like school children, their teams would look better. :D
It was a horrible weekend
WVU looses to Kansas
Marshall beats ND
Can’t believe Browns office wasn’t cleaned out before he left the locker room
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Bad weekend. But LU is 2-0!

Brown costs too much to buyout right now. Signed extension this off-season. Methinks he saw writing on wall and took AD to cleaner’s.
By Ill flame
I don't keep up with WVU so I just looked up Browns contract extension and that is the type of decision that gets an AD fired. The extension on its own isn't a big deal since it's pretty standard for coaches to have at least 5 years left on their contract even while on the hot seat. What is egrarious is how one sided that extension is despite the lack of results up to that point. They should've just extended him on a prove it deal with a minimal buyout on both sides.
By Ill flame
Wake forest took #5 Clemson to 2OT before losing. I dont know how to feel about it. I'm not sure if Clemson is overrated, Wake Forest is better than they played last week or if we are good enough to compete with legit top 25 teams. Maybe it's a combination of the three.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]