If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The answer seemed obviously affirmative until recent times. With massive change underway at the NCAA due to realigbnment & NIL, the reverberations could become very profound for smaller Division I conferences like the ASUN and perhaps CUSA. Take these comments from a former LSU chancellor and the now FGCU president in a local media interview this week:
WINK wrote:“March Madness will become much more controlled by a handful of schools,” said Martin. “And automatic qualifiers that we now get from being in the A-SUN will disappear.”

Martin explained he believes that’s because the big names will have more teams in the tournament or every division one school will have to play their way in. Either way, the chances we’ll ever see another Dunk City run are not great. As for another upset like 16-seeded UMBC defeating 1-seeded Virginia, even less likely.
Click Here for Source

Now I know what you are thinking. Automatic qualifiers are written into the NCAA by-laws. They are for now. But the disparity between the havs and have-nots is growing wider by the second under NIL. And if the super conferences break away ... all bets are off.
I’m going to disagree here. Cash is king. These automatic qualifiers are what drive the Madness the first weekend of the Tournament. They rarely make to the second weekend and almost never to the Final Four. But it happens just enough to stoke the flames of interest which turns into money. The amount of money wagered is already massive on these underdogs. Can’t see that going away Maybe a tweet or two but anything big they’re killing the goose
TH Spangler, tyndal23 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]