If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Since you brought it up ...
USA Today wrote:1 Alabama 0-0 1634 (54)
2 Ohio State 0-0 1564 (5)
3 Georgia 0-0 1542 (6)
4 Clemson 0-0 1356
5 Notre Dame 0-0 1284
6 Michigan 0-0 1232
7 Texas A&M 0-0 1219
8 Utah 0-0 1134
9 Oklahoma 0-0 1027
10 Baylor 0-0 891
11 Oklahoma State 0-0 859
12 Oregon 0-0 734
13 NC State 0-0 726
14 Michigan State 0-0 711
15 Southern California 0-0 602
16 Pittsburgh 0-0 450
17 Miami 0-0 433
18 Texas 0-0 383 (1)
19 Wake Forest 0-0 381
20 Wisconsin 0-0 369
21 Kentucky 0-0 353
22 Cincinnati 0-0 339
23 Arkansas 0-0 334
24 Mississippi 0-0 327
25 Houston 0-0 257
Click Here for Link
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My guess is that it was a protest vote. No one in Austin believes they should be even Top 10. I think they are probably about where they will end up. Kind of surprised to see UH at #25.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Glad to see Ole Miss listed at #24 and Coastal NOT on the list. :clapping :fineprint
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
ND good gravy so stupid
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: August 8th, 2022, 7:37 pm ND good gravy so stupid
I dunno. This new coach is what ND desperately needed. I mean I have a nice villa in the Irish Are Always Overrated Camp. But now…I think this guy is the real deal and will drag ND FB into the 21st century whether they want to or not
By Ill flame
Sly Fox wrote: August 8th, 2022, 5:25 pm My guess is that it was a protest vote. No one in Austin believes they should be even Top 10. I think they are probably about where they will end up. Kind of surprised to see UH at #25.
Off topic but whereabouts are you at in Texas? I ask because I'm looking at moving to central Texas next and I'm curious how it is. All I know is it has to be better than where I live now.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have lived in Greater Houston for two decades after living in Austin for six years preceded by six more in Corpus Christi. I am a HUGE fan of Central Texas although Austin is changing rapidly with the incredible growth primarily from California. It is no longer the low-priced haven it once was. But the barbecue & opportunity in business may be unrivaled on the planet right now. Texas in general is amazing. I have ZERO desire to move back up north unless it is a cabin in the Upper Rockies for summers.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 10th, 2022, 9:32 am I have lived in Greater Houston for two decades after living in Austin for six years preceded by six more in Corpus Christi. I am a HUGE fan of Central Texas although Austin is changing rapidly with the incredible growth primarily from California. It is no longer the low-priced haven it once was. But the barbecue & opportunity in business may be unrivaled on the planet right now. Texas in general is amazing. I have ZERO desire to move back up north unless it is a cabin in the Upper Rockies for summers.
My condolences.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
RubberMallet wrote: August 8th, 2022, 7:37 pm ND good gravy so stupid
I dunno. This new coach is what ND desperately needed. I mean I have a nice villa in the Irish Are Always Overrated Camp. But now…I think this guy is the real deal and will drag ND FB into the 21st century whether they want to or not
yeah I totally agree but they are replacing too much. they are likely going to lose to OSU by 20+. and will still drop into the teens.

Same thing with freaking Texas and begrudgingly Michigan over the past decade.

Michigan also is a stretch at 6. Replacing 2 coordinators and 2 1st round edge rushers (ojabo would of gone 1st rd if not hurt) is no easy feat when not alabama and I think Jim's loyalty is going to hurt Michigan when he sticks with Cade over JJ.

Luckily Michigan has the easiest schedule its had in a long time.

Texas with a vote for #1 is also absolutely absurd but likely agree wiht sly.

I think the ACC while not having as many talented teams as the other conferences is going to be the most exciting one to watch.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Michigan is kinda caught in vicious loop. Harbaugh isn’t the answer but they can’t get anyone better. They absolutely lucked into the CFP last year but that happens to a team about every year. I think the ND situation is different They weren’t going to move on from Kelly and caught lightening in a bottle here. Only way that happens in Ann Arbor is if Jimgoes back to the NFL
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
I don't see how they lucked in at all. their only loss came to a sloppy 2nd half against a rival and they pretty much controlled the season the rest of the way with a pretty difficult strength of schedule (i think only alabama and georgia had tougher) I think they had 2 close wins. If you mean lucked as in the perfect storm situationally, maybe. but those were convincing wins against OSU and Iowa at the end there. clearly though georgia and alabama were on a different plane of existence.
By Ill flame
I would argue Harbaugh is the answer. Out of their 6 full seasons they've been a top 15 teams most years. They are performing better under Harbaugh than they have since the 90s. It would be asking for another rich rod situation if they try to get greedy now and fire him. There isn't much room for error when they have to play Ohio St, Michigan St and penn st every year.

Notre dame was in the same boat. Kelly was winning enough to keep everyone happy even if it wasn't an ideal situation. It would've been a terrible idea to fire him in case it back fires but now that he left on his own it's a perfect opportunity to try to upgrade. It's too soon to say but I do think they'll have more success with the current coach while Kelly will struggle at LSU. It reminds me of bielema leaving Wisconsin for Arkansas thinking he was better than he was.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]