If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I need Ballcoach's take on Saban whining about his bag-men being outperformed by Jimbo and Deion.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
It’s always funny when SEC teams accuse each other of cheating….like any of the programs are clean.
It’s really interesting that Saban would choose to call out Jimbo because Jimbo obviously knows all the ways Saban cheats. Same with Kirby. Saban needs to leave UGA and TAMU and all his former assistants alone…Kirby and Jimbo are likely using the same tactics.
ATrain liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: May 19th, 2022, 8:52 pm It’s always funny when SEC teams accuse each other of cheating….like any of the programs are clean.
It’s really interesting that Saban would choose to call out Jimbo because Jimbo obviously knows all the ways Saban cheats. Same with Kirby. Saban needs to leave UGA and TAMU and all his former assistants alone…Kirby and Jimbo are likely using the same tactics.
Context here matters. Saban is saying this to a group forming to do the exact same thing Jimbo does. He's calling Jimbo a cheat and saying to a room of boosters "we need to cheat like them," at least that sounds like the subtext to me. I wonder if this is a case of Saban being old and not very social media savvy. There used to be a time where you could say what you want as long as its in a friendly room and no one would care. Nowadays you have to assume everything you say will end up on Twitter.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Coach Saban did not say "Fisher cheated". Most people know what Coach Saban said, and most know it to be true, even if they not admit it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 3:24 pm Coach Saban did not say "Fisher cheated". Most people know what Coach Saban said, and most know it to be true, even if they not admit it.
He flat out accused A and M of cheating. Did he say the word ‘cheating’? No. But those who heard him know exactly what he meant
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Fisher has gone on to add that only 1 of the 11 young men to report to campus already has an NIL deal.

Saban was speaking to a room of boosters, trying to inspire them to do more. I don’t think he expected his comments to be public.

Hey, SEC, when so many of your softball teams choke in their regionals, I guess this is what we do for drama this time of year!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My favorite part of this whole deal is the audacity of both coaches to claim to take the high road. :lol:

Saban did not understand how much the game was changing around him so quickly. Jimbo reactd and mad the sales pitch of a lifetime to his boosters to legally buy this class. Is this sustainable? I highly doubt it. Not even deep-pocketed Texans can afford this haul every year. When Longhorn boosters are saying the cash is insane you know it must be ridiculous.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
SLY - How good do you think Jimbo really is? There was talk of him on the verge of being run out of FSU before he bailed to take A&M. His best year at A&M was the first COVID year, which was a crapshoot for everyone.

If Jimbo doesn't do something this year or next (win the west), he'll be done at A&M.

In any case, A&M will get the little brother treatment again now that Texas is joining the best conference in the country.
By Ill flame
Honestly I'm just excited to sit back and watch the crap show that will be the SEC over the coming years. I just hope we get the same drama that we got the last time Texas, Oklahoma, A&M and mizzou were in the same conference on top of the typical SEC ego's
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]