If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 10:41 am VT should have been a 4 or 5 seed.
If they should have been a 4 or 5 seed they should have been able to dispatch #6 seed Texas.
JK37, flamehunter liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I remember when I was convinced ballfan wasn’t real. I’ve been shown proof he is. Now I’m just convinced he’s a troll. He purposely says things with which even he doesn’t agree, just to stir the pot for conversation because he’s bored and nobody talks around here about softball as much as he would like.

= TROLL
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 11:08 am
ballcoach15 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 10:41 am VT should have been a 4 or 5 seed.
Then why did they lose to a 6 seed on a neutral floor?!
Obviously it was because of the referees
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 1:21 pm Why did #15 seed , St. Paul's beat a #2 seed ?
Because the #15 seed - St. Peter's - played better and scored more points than the #2 seed Kentucky.
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: March 26th, 2022, 1:24 pm
Purple Haize wrote: March 26th, 2022, 10:56 am
ATrain wrote: March 26th, 2022, 10:21 amGo Peacocks!!!
It sounds dirty when you say it :D :D
Go Peters...Saint Peters Peacocks, that is :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thankfully you are not rooting for South Carolina!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 26th, 2022, 3:26 pm

Go Cocks! (Women's tournament)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: March 26th, 2022, 4:06 pm
Purple Haize wrote: March 26th, 2022, 3:26 pm

Go Cocks! (Women's tournament)

Haha. That’s even worse!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Nova is in. I can see them winning it all
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 10:20 pm I hope no northern school wins it all.
That is an asinine thing to say.

But I’m sure they’ll miss your exultation.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 26th, 2022, 9:54 pm Jay Wright is the best coach in college basketball. I’m not sure anyone else is close.
He’s built a quiet dynasty at Nova. I like him a lot. Best in the business? Not sure about that. But he’s in the discussion
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 11:43 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 10:20 pm I hope no northern school wins it all.
That is an asinine thing to say.

But I’m sure they’ll miss your exultation.
Is Kansas north? St Peters is. Nova is.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach might be surprised to know that in Mississippi, his beloved VT and LU are both considered a "northern school." In the Deep South, any location above Memphis is considered "the North." :shock:
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 27th, 2022, 12:02 am
stokesjokes wrote: March 26th, 2022, 9:54 pm Jay Wright is the best coach in college basketball. I’m not sure anyone else is close.
He’s built a quiet dynasty at Nova. I like him a lot. Best in the business? Not sure about that. But he’s in the discussion
After K retires it’s basically Jay Wright and Bill Self, a huge gap, and then everyone else. I like Jay better than Bill, I think he’s less dependent on talent to win and doesn’t have the questions about integrity that Self does with recruiting.

Who else would be in the conversation?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 27th, 2022, 6:05 am
Ballcoach might be surprised to know that in Mississippi, his beloved VT and LU are both considered a "northern school." In the Deep South, any location above Memphis is considered "the North." :shock:
He may be surprised, but I'm not. The way things are going, pretty soon even Richmond and Chesterfield won't be "southern," anymore.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Best looking in the business for sure. Guy is a male model!!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 27th, 2022, 8:02 am
After K retires it’s basically Jay Wright and Bill Self, a huge gap, and then everyone else. I like Jay better than Bill, I think he’s less dependent on talent to win and doesn’t have the questions about integrity that Self does with recruiting.

Who else would be in the conversation?
“Best” is subjective. And there are tons of fantastic coaches in college basketball - men’s and women’s - most have ever heard of. Just look at Mark Adams! Never heard of him, then he gets his chances and crushes it this year. He didn’t just become a great coach this year.

Among active coaches, just ask Self and Wright. They’ll mention Larranaga. Huggins, Calipari, Few, Izzo. And on the women’s side, Auriemma, Vanderveer.

And that’s just DI.
stokesjokes liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]