If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This is a wide open year so it should be good to discuss

I’m just happy IU made the Tournament and won a game. No need to discuss their next game

UK goes down to one of the Apostles

Loyola is out unfortunately

And I seem to recall ballfan stating definitively that VT was seeded too low and should have been a seed lower than 10 or even 5. Oops.

I see Gonzaga and Auburn in the finals but who the heck knows.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 18th, 2022, 7:19 pm Purple, if you can generate discussion about any sport on this board, I'll buy you lunch at BK or Hardee's.
I’ve done it several times.
And I don’t eat the swill from BK or Hardee’s. (Although a Hardee’s biscuit is not unacceptable)
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
VT MBB & WBB are both "one and done." Talk about being over rated! VT fans should be wearing one of these. :brownbag
JK37, flamehunter liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The FGCU upset could be seen from a mile away to anyone paying attention. That said, I’ve loved Kitley all year.

Big 12 men are best conference in country.

Mountain West men are…not.

Poor Howard women…wow.

10-7 for women is like 12-5 for men.

Men: TT, Tennessee and St. Mary’s look scary.
Women: FGCU was seeded way too low. Projected 8-9 all year. Guaranteed expletives we’re heard from VT and MD staffs when they saw FGCU coming to College Park. Smesko has always been a nightmare to game plan for, now he has real talent.
Gonzaga and South Dakota women also impressed. Gonzaga surprised me a little. SD did not.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 18th, 2022, 8:58 pm The FGCU upset could be seen from a mile away to anyone paying attention. That said, I’ve loved Kitley all year.

Big 12 men are best conference in country.

Mountain West men are…not.

Poor Howard women…wow.

10-7 for women is like 12-5 for men.

Men: TT, Tennessee and St. Mary’s look scary.
Women: FGCU was seeded way too low. Projected 8-9 all year. Guaranteed expletives we’re heard from VT and MD staffs when they saw FGCU coming to College Park. Smesko has always been a nightmare to game plan for, now he has real talent.
Gonzaga and South Dakota women also impressed. Gonzaga surprised me a little. SD did not.
Big 12 has been the best MBB conference for a few years now.
I’m not putt Too much stock in St Mary’s. They played an exhausted IU team. But a Sweet 16 spot is realistic.
Not too long ago the SEC outside of Kentucky was kind of a joke. Not anymore.
Illinois helping the B1G out big time. Coburn is a monster. Nooga had the right game plan but just couldn’t finish.
Houston has a shadier athletic department than Alabama and Auburn. How does Kelvin Sampson still get jobs. (Or Rick Pitino!). Plus Dana on the grid iron. Shady
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Houston is the kind of place where they like shady. But I agree.

Yeah, SEC better. UK? Not good. Cal’s suit was SUH-weeeeeet though.

TCU just adding to Big 12’s great start.

Tennessee impressed me.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Several shady places within NCAA. Committee did a poor job with seeding. Probably 75% of field seeded too low or too high. I hope Duke wins it all.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 19th, 2022, 3:16 am Several shady places within NCAA. Committee did a poor job with seeding. Probably 75% of field seeded too low or too high. I hope Duke wins it all.
I’m a Duke fan but I don’t think they are mentally tough enough to win 6 games in a row against increasingly tougher competition
Obviously VT was over seeded certainly. Probably should have been in the Play In game as a 16 seed
It is always interesting to me to see how different officials call games differently from around the Country. Different Conference assignor’s obviously emphasize different things.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 19th, 2022, 3:16 am Several shady places within NCAA. Committee did a poor job with seeding. Probably 75% of field seeded too low or too high. I hope Duke wins it all.
Typical far left thinking. Anything that strays from my narrative is not only wrong, it is corrupt/evil.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 19th, 2022, 7:51 am Obviously VT was over seeded certainly. Probably should have been in the Play In game as a 16 seed.
Purple speaks the TRUTH. I knew VT would be one and done.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 19th, 2022, 10:51 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 19th, 2022, 7:51 am Obviously VT was over seeded certainly. Probably should have been in the Play In game as a 16 seed.
Somebody must have thought they were good. They were ranked #16 in the polls but only 5-7 against ranked teams. In all fairness, FGCU ranked #23 should have been a much higher seed, IMHO.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: March 19th, 2022, 12:26 pm
Somebody must have thought they were good. They were ranked #16 in the polls but only 5-7 against ranked teams. In all fairness, FGCU ranked #23 should have been a much higher seed, IMHO.
Wait, are we talking VT men's or women's team?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: March 19th, 2022, 12:30 pm
Wait, are we talking VT men's or women's team?
Sorry! I'm identifying the wrong gender. As Roseann Roseannadanna would say, "Never mind"!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
UNC upsets #1 Baylor in OT. :shock: Play Basketball
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That Baylor UNC was a freaking street fight. Baylor comes from 25 down to go into overtime. Heck of a game. UNC isn’t soft. Not something that could be said the last couple of years.
Lots of busted brackets with Kentucky and Baylor out
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Tech women were a solid team with a great player. FGC was underseeded and this isn’t a Big surprise
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 19th, 2022, 4:47 pm UNC beating Baylor is even more proof that VT got shafted in seeding.
VT lost though
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 19th, 2022, 4:47 pm UNC beating Baylor is even more proof that VT got shafted in seeding.
That's Ballcoach's story, and he's sticking to it! Crybaby :blahblah Crybaby
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
McDermott is a better coach than I thought he’d be. He burst on to the scene when his kid played but he’s stuck around and gave Kansas all they wanted. The game plan was solid but just a couple of unforced errors doomed them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: March 19th, 2022, 8:11 pm
Purple Haize wrote: March 18th, 2022, 6:40 pm I see Gonzaga and Auburn in the finals but who the heck knows.
I hate Auburn. Ballcoach owes you a Hardee’s biscuit.
Of course you hate Auburn. :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Arkansas had a brilliant defensive scheme for Allen from NMSU. Sell out the double team whenever he touched it. NMSU had no response.

And Go Peacocks!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I can’t stand Arkansas cosch.

But St. Pete’s? Loving me some Shaheen. They better enjoy while it lasts, because he’s gone as soon as they’re out.

The officiating in Baylor/UNC played as big a role as anything. Baylor was mauling UNC, and UNC was traveling in every trap. It was ugly. I didn’t have a dog or bear or ram in the fight. It was entertaining., but it was also ugly for the NCAA.

Women’s side had its own ugly, out of control game in LSU vs. Jackson State. Not sure what was uglier: the officiating or the bench attire for both staffs. Way to NOT keep it classy ladies.

Tons of upsets on women’s side on Day 2.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]