If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Elite 8 was a dud. Hopefully the Final 4 is better.

Long Live the Peacock
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I just saw UNC and Duke will be playing each for the first time in the tournament which was really surprising to me.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Here's to hoping UNC takes care of Duke and leaves Coach K crying in his last game. Ballcoach will be happy to know that UNC is SSW of Duke.
stokesjokes liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 27th, 2022, 7:42 pm Here's to hoping UNC takes care of Duke and leaves Coach K crying in his last game. Ballcoach will be happy to know that UNC is SSW of Duke.
I just hope the winner of UNC-Duke game wins it all. I have never liked the other 2 teams in Final 4. I wish bracket had UNC-Duke meeting in final game, instead of semis.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m kind of with Ballfan here. Personally, I’ve got no gripe with Nova. I don’t like their style of play this year, but it works. I think Kansas are cheaters and get a lot of breaks from B12 office, so I’ll never root for them. But I think they’re really good. And I’d pick them out of the four remaining schools to win it all. But pay no attention to my picks; my bracket busted big time this year.

I love the Duke/UNC story in Coach K’s last year! I think it’s great for bball, even though I’ve talked to too many officials and heard from them too many stories about K to ever root for him. So by elimination more than anything else, I’m rooting for UNC. My heart leans UNC, my head says Kansas wins.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 28th, 2022, 9:36 am I’m kind of with Ballfan here. Personally, I’ve got no gripe with Nova. I don’t like their style of play this year, but it works. I think Kansas are cheaters and get a lot of breaks from B12 office, so I’ll never root for them. But I think they’re really good. And I’d pick them out of the four remaining schools to win it all. But pay no attention to my picks; my bracket busted big time this year.

I love the Duke/UNC story in Coach K’s last year! I think it’s great for bball, even though I’ve talked to too many officials and heard from them too many stories about K to ever root for him. So by elimination more than anything else, I’m rooting for UNC. My heart leans UNC, my head says Kansas wins.
I’m with you on Kansas. The Big 12 office loves them some Kansas. I don’t care for their style of play nor am I a Bill Self fan.
I DO like Jay Wright. I DO like the way they play. I think it’s the most underrated program in the last decade or so. Plus my wife loves their color scheme
Coach K is an absolute jerk when it comes to officials. He has an incredibly entitled attitude when it comes to getting calls. I also have not been a fan of his embracing 1 and Done. Although it brings a lot of attention to the Program, it arguably hasn’t increased success on the Court. Coach K was at his best building Teams. Doing thing the Duke Way. Having an identity. I’m a Duke fan but not buying in to the sentimental angles.
The Team from Chapel Hill has played well

So I’d like to see a Duke Nova final. Which means we will have a Chapel Hill Kansas final
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 28th, 2022, 9:36 am I’m kind of with Ballfan here. Personally, I’ve got no gripe with Nova. I don’t like their style of play this year, but it works. I think Kansas are cheaters and get a lot of breaks from B12 office, so I’ll never root for them. But I think they’re really good. And I’d pick them out of the four remaining schools to win it all. But pay no attention to my picks; my bracket busted big time this year.

So, does this mean you DON'T think UNC are cheaters? The won a nattie with a roster full of players who stayed eligible by taking phony classes and then turned pro the next day.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
One of Nova's best players ruptured his Achilles in the final minute of the last game, so it's going to be tough for them to advance. If they do, and if they win the whole thing, it's just more proof that Jay Wright is the best coach in the game. I am half-expecting them to do it.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 28th, 2022, 10:25 am

So, does this mean you DON'T think UNC are cheaters? The won a nattie with a roster full of players who stayed eligible by taking phony classes and then turned pro the next day.
Hey, everyone was allowed to take the phony classes, so it's not cheating. :roll:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 28th, 2022, 10:25 am

FakeNews
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
UConn won by controlling tempo. Tara had some brilliant play calls late to almost makeup for it. Nice game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 1st, 2022, 11:46 pm UConn won by controlling tempo. Tara had some brilliant play calls late to almost makeup for it. Nice game.
I might add those were two of the better officiated games of either Tournament. Dee Katherine gets up and down the floor very well for a 60 year old. Or a 30 year old. Having them talk into a mic during reviews is super cringy

South Carolina is rough and tumble. Louisville was playing a really weird defense I couldn’t figure out. I think I liked it but not sure
Stanford had more talent last night than UCONN. While Paige ‘Buckets’ was the best player on the floor Stanford had more talent position by position. BUT UCONN has incredible chemistry. They were smiling, running around giving high fives after plays etc. A great example was after the turnover with under 30 seconds left. Thy had just scored twice beating the press. That time all they had to do was hold and get fouled. Instead they through an I’ll advised pass (should have been a bounce pass anyway) giving Stanford hope. Instead of hanging heads they got right back to it.
If UCONN beats SC I can see Geno calling it a day

On a side note, how Caitlyn Clark did not win POY is a mystery for the ages. Trust me, look her up on YouTube. She’s amazing
JK37 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I didn’t get to watch any of SC/UL and only second half of UCONN/Stanford. (Church had a function we attended.) Dee Kantner is ageless. Was she doing the game? I didn’t pay attention.

And I said the same thing: Stanford more talent, UConn more TEAM. Jones and Brink played like sissies in the second half.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 1st, 2022, 11:44 pm It was good to see Coach Geno & Uconn women beat Stanford 63-58 tonight 🏀
Ballcoach was rooting for a New England team NORTH of his beloved Mason-Dixon Line? :shock: :dontgetit :shock:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 11:06 am
ballcoach15 wrote: April 1st, 2022, 11:44 pm It was good to see Coach Geno & Uconn women beat Stanford 63-58 tonight 🏀
Ballcoach was rooting for a New England team NORTH of his beloved Mason-Dixon Line? :shock: :dontgetit :shock:
Ballcoach is a fan of UConn Coach. Not to mention I don't like PAC12 teams.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Kansas vs. UNC

I was convinced that the refs would find a way for Coach K to go to the championship game, but it was wonderful to see the good guys from Chapel Hill WIN in the Final Four and advance to Monday night!
:pbjtime :woohoo :cheerleader
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m putting money on Kansas. UNC is spent. It was a huge game in every sense of the word. It’s a shame someone had to lose.
I just don’t think UNC is going to have much gas left or the gumption to reach down like tonight. Tonight was their National Championship and will mean more to them win or lose Monday
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Wasn't Kansas one of those schools that the FBI caught buying recruits with shoe company $$$$$.
I was hoping Duke would win, but now I hope UNC wins 🏆. I despise KU 🏀
JK37 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 5:54 am Wasn't Kansas one of those schools that the FBI caught buying recruits with shoe company $$$$$.
I was hoping Duke would win, but now I hope UNC wins 🏆. I despise KU 🏀
You're probably thinking of the Tarholes going to ghost AA Studies classes. Then got a slap on the wrist for it. If the Taliban had a team, I would pull for them to beat the Tarholes,
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Kansas is really good.

Caleb Love was really good.

Mark Williams never got in a rhythm.

Banchero disappeared.

Duke missed FT’s.

Good riddance, K.

Everybody cheats. Just some are better at not getting caught.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 3:10 pm Buying recruits is worse than fake classes. A school caught buying recruits should be given a post season ban of 5 years.
I wholeheartedly disagree. The reason those institutions exist is for the classes. Who cares why any player ends up going to any particular school.
The classes are immensely valuable since the vast majority of players will not be payed to play the game they played in college but will need income after college and classes provide the skills to do that. Now with that being said the effort and priority placed on academics is squarely on the shoulders of each individual.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 2:53 pm Good riddance, K.
I was listening to a sports talk radio show on my way to church this morning, and they were making a big deal that most of Duke's players just hung their heads and went straight to the locker room without shaking hands with the UNC players who won.

Coach K and one or two other Duke players stayed to shake hands, but the vast majority of Duke players refused to do so, which just shows what poor sportsmanship they have after a loss. Crybaby Crybaby Crybaby
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 3:10 pm Buying recruits is worse than fake classes. A school caught buying recruits should be given a post season ban of 5 years.
But aren’t you the one stressing academics? As a student athlete it’s literally part of their job titles to be a student. If they are taking fake classes they aren’t a student.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]