If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 21st, 2022, 8:36 am *Big East: 2

Ballcoach, do I need to coach you up on what the high major basketball conferences are?
I was thinking in terms of Power 5 Conferences.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You were thinking Football
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Big East is loaded.
Two double-digit seeds in Sweet 16 for women. Miami showed a defensive blueprint for SC, but they have an easy path to Minneapolis. Stanford looks REALLY GOOD, but Texas will be ready for them if they meet. UCF’s length bothered UCONN way more than I thought it would. Texas impresses me. I guess Louisville has an easy path now, too. TN looked overrated to me all year, I thought Oregon would beat them. Turns out Belmont almost did.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Arkansas Gonzaga game should prove that Good defense can beat great offense. I LOVE watching the Zags get up the Court. It’s a thing of beauty. But Arkansas showed defense can disrupt a good offense. Their defensive schemes the last two games have been Masterpieces
tyndal23 liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 24th, 2022, 9:38 pm The Arkansas Gonzaga game should prove that Good defense can beat great offense. I LOVE watching the Zags get up the Court. It’s a thing of beauty. But Arkansas showed defense can disrupt a good offense. Their defensive schemes the last two games have been Masterpieces
Woo Pig!
tyndal23 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Two #1 seeds lose last night. I hope 2 more go down tonight.
If UNC and Miami win, VT will have wins over 3 of the elite 8, and got a 11 seed. Crooked Selection Committee.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 25th, 2022, 5:41 am Two #1 seeds lose last night. I hope 2 more go down tonight.
If UNC and Miami win, VT will have wins over 3 of the elite 8, and got a 11 seed. Crooked Selection Committee.
Only one #1 seed left, Kansas. Baylor is already done, remember?

As for the Hokies, they lost to a team in the tournament that didn't even make the sweet 16. So I guess they were seeded about right, maybe even a little too high. Maybe they should play more like St. Peters. They got shafted by the crooked committee as a 15 seed and yet still managed to win two games so far.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 25th, 2022, 5:41 am Two #1 seeds lose last night. I hope 2 more go down tonight.
I like your VT school. I just don’t like their fans. Too many illogical ideas.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’d say those three elite 8 wins are balanced out by the 13 losses, including to 13-20 Boston College and 11-21 NC State, the worst team in the ACC at home.

Houston continues to look like one of the most dangerous teams in the tourney, Kyler Edwards is getting some serious shine. It’s also fun seeing a familiar name in JD Notae dancing this far.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 25th, 2022, 9:17 am I’d say those three elite 8 wins are balanced out by the 13 losses, including to 13-20 Boston College and 11-21 NC State, the worst team in the ACC at home.

VIRGINIA TECH
2022 ACC CHAMPIONS

ACC champion should never be a double digit seed, even if it had been NC State.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 25th, 2022, 9:28 am
stokesjokes wrote: March 25th, 2022, 9:17 am I’d say those three elite 8 wins are balanced out by the 13 losses, including to 13-20 Boston College and 11-21 NC State, the worst team in the ACC at home.

VIRGINIA TECH
2022 ACC CHAMPIONS

ACC champion should never be a double digit seed, even if it had been NC State.
Pretty clear statement on how low the ACC has fallen when the ACC champion can't even win a first round game in the tournament, regardless of their seeding. ACC champ should be able to beat a 6 seed any day.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VT had a great run during the ACC Tournament. Great achievement for them. They were not even going to be in the Tournament without that. And ironically their run probably kept their former coach from earning a bid. Because Texas A and M is better than VT
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 25th, 2022, 9:47 pm Fitting that the last Big 10 team goes out to the 15 seed
We are all Peacock Fans now!

I have come to a realization about the B1G. It’s a very good Conference (not as good as the Big 12 but that’s irrelevant). Their teams are very good doing what they do. And what they do is very effective. Until it is time to make adjustments. Outside of Woodson at IU or Howard at UM there are not a lot of creative thinkers in the league. Painter is a genius at running set plays. If I need a bucket I’ll let him draw it up. But if there needs to be an adjustment in the game plan? I can’t think of any B1G coach I’d pick (other than who I mentioned). The League has a ton of talent on every team. Those teams are good at getting their type of player. But there is 0 creativity
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
UNC comes through in the clutch to defeat UCLA, 73-66. Ballcoach should be glad that another ACC team advances. Play Basketball
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I love to see lower seeds win. Big 10 is always overrated in every sport. I wish ACC could get some of B10's love from selection committees.

Sidebar: How many elite 8 teams did VT beat to get that 11 seed ?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 5:22 am Sidebar: How many elite 8 teams did VT beat to get that 11 seed ?
How many non-tournament teams did they lose to? I believe it was 7.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I didn’t realize this discussion was about who is undefeated and should be in the tournament. I thought it was about seeding, silly me.
Nobody is saying VT shouldn’t have been in the tournament. Obviously they deserve it since they won the conference tournament. I’m saying they were seeded properly.
They were a decent team that got hot at the right time won a tourney even though they weren’t the best team and then predictably went one and done in NCAA again because they were decent at best.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 8:57 am I didn’t realize this discussion was about who is undefeated and should be in the tournament. I thought it was about seeding, silly me.
Nobody is saying VT shouldn’t have been in the tournament. Obviously they deserve it since they won the conference tournament. I’m saying they were seeded properly.
They were a decent team that got hot at the right time won a tourney even though they weren’t the best team and then predictably went one and done in NCAA again because they were decent at best.
If VT was as good as ballfan claims they’d still be playing
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Has ballfan come out with what seed VT should have been? Secondly, if they were so good why did they lose in the 1st round? I'm sure these questions have already been asked and ignored but I haven't been around as much to keep up.

Seems like there has been ample time for ballfan to compile a list of teams VT is better than. Of course it's odd one would form such a strong opinion without actually having that info first but what do I know?

Go Peacocks!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 10:41 am VT should have been a 4 or 5 seed.
With 13 losses??? :rofl How many 4 or 5 seeds had 13 losses? :shock:
flamehunter liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]