If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There are people out there this morning , who said VT would not make NCAA tournament . Thankful for the opportunity to have coached them up.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 13th, 2022, 3:04 am There are people out there this morning , who said VT would not make NCAA tournament . Thankful for the opportunity to have coached them up.
Kinda takes away the "tired " argument too. Kids at this age can play all day. FTR, I was pulling for Duke. But glad to see Aluma play well for Tech.
ballcoach15 liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 13th, 2022, 3:04 am There are people out there this morning , who said VT would not make NCAA tournament . Thankful for the opportunity to have coached them up.
If they hadn't won the tournament, they probably wouldn't have. But, congratulations to them. I think they've finally got the coach they needed.
Purple Haize liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Sometimes I forget that certain posters like VT more than they do LU.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Well, at least certain posters do post, which is more than can be said about many members of this board.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: March 13th, 2022, 9:58 am Sometimes I forget that certain posters like VT and BAMA and NASCAR more than they do LU.
FIFY :oldhag
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 13th, 2022, 2:23 pm
jbock13 wrote: March 13th, 2022, 9:58 am Sometimes I forget that certain posters like VT and BAMA and NASCAR more than they do LU.
FIFY :oldhag
“Ballfan” would really be a more accurate moniker as well
JK37 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I think bracket shows had VT lost to Duke, they wouldn’t be in.

Love me some Mike Young. Hate me some VT. So, I’m torn. They’re hot, so maybe they give Texas a run.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 14th, 2022, 7:19 am VT got shafted on seeding.
How so? They went from Out to In with a superb ACC Tournament. What seeding should they have gotten?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I get the ACC fixation of the east coast contingent, but did any of you watch any of the SEC final? If you did, you probably recognized some familiar faces outside the A&M huddles.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2022, 7:22 am
How so? They went from Out to In with a superb ACC Tournament. What seeding should they have gotten?
VT should have been a single digit seed. Also VT should have never been a bubble or an out team. At end of season VT was playing about as good as ANY team in the country and better than most.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
As good as VT is I'm questioning why they are even playing the tournament. Just end it and declare them National Champions.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Watch for Tech to be "one and done." Play Basketball
Last edited by Cider Jim on March 14th, 2022, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 14th, 2022, 8:50 am
VT should have been a single digit seed. Also VT should have never been a bubble or an out team. At end of season VT was playing about as good as ANY team in the country and better than most.
What teams are seeded above then you feel should not be?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2022, 9:16 am
ballcoach15 wrote: March 14th, 2022, 8:50 am

What teams are seeded above then you feel should not be?
I don't have time to list them all, but probably every team seeded 5-10, and maybe some 4 seeds.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
And this is where your credibility issues begin. You finally make a point but can’t back it up. You say roughly 25 teams are rated above VT and should not be but cannot name them or even make a case.
Baybird liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Finishing strong can be a factor in seeding, but it is primarily based on your overall resume, and I think at best they might have deserved an 8. I do think it's safe to say that Chris Beard is not happy with the matchup.
Purple Haize liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2022, 9:23 am And this is where your credibility issues begin. You finally make a point but can’t back it up. You say roughly 25 teams are rated above VT and should not be but cannot name them or even make a case.
If I had time to go through the complete bracket, I could name them, BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 14th, 2022, 10:27 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2022, 9:23 am And this is where your credibility issues begin. You finally make a point but can’t back it up. You say roughly 25 teams are rated above VT and should not be but cannot name them or even make a case.
If I had time to go through the complete bracket, I could name them, BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME.
Then why are you so confident that VT should be ranked higher if you don’t know who was ranked in front of them :dontgetit :dontgetit
If you’re gonna make a statement it’s a really good idea to have a reason why other than “Cause I said so”.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Don’t worry guys, at least he has enough time to blurt out whatever opinion he has on anything. He just doesn’t have the time to think about why he has the opinion he holds.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]