If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Did anyone (besides Sly) notice that Texas A&M out recruited Bama yesterday? :shock:

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Footb ... mRankings/
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Jimbo pulled a slew of Signing Day surprises yesterday. Sark wasn't far behind over in Austin in spite of the horrible season. The rumors of the death of college football in the Lone Star State appear to be a tad exaggerated.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly, UT joining the SEC had to have helped them in recruiting. Even Ballcoach might admit that. :wink:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 16th, 2021, 10:50 am Jimbo pulled a slew of Signing Day surprises yesterday. Sark wasn't far behind over in Austin in spite of the horrible season. The rumors of the death of college football in the Lone Star State appear to be a tad exaggerated.
And your defense of all things Texas is alive and well.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It certainly is playing a significant factor. Kids can go to school in Austin AND play in the SEC. But let the record show that it was SEC schools who did some poaching of their top level commits in the final week.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 16th, 2021, 11:51 am SEC schools who did some poaching of their top level commits in the final week.
Ballcoach's sources tell me that the number one recruit in the nation was a CB from GA named Hunter, who rejected Bama's offer and signed with FCS Jackson State in MS. How does that happen? Maybe he didn't have the grades/scores? :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 16th, 2021, 1:28 pm
Sly Fox wrote: December 16th, 2021, 11:51 am SEC schools who did some poaching of their top level commits in the final week.
Ballcoach's sources tell me that the number one recruit in the nation was a CB from GA named Hunter, who rejected Bama's offer and signed with FCS Jackson State in MS. How does that happen? Maybe he didn't have the grades/scores? :dontgetit
He's a CB
Jackson State's coach is named Deion Sanders.
Nuff said?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 16th, 2021, 3:00 pm He's a CB
Jackson State's coach is named Deion Sanders.
Nuff said?
Thanks, Olldflame. Suddenly, I feel coached up!

But then there's more. Not sure if this is the "rest of the story or not," but this is what Nick Saban is saying, and Deion is denying!
https://thespun.com/college-football/ni ... very-clear

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... kson-state
Last edited by Cider Jim on December 16th, 2021, 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Coach Prime pulled off what is arguably the biggest coup in modern recruiting when he stole the kid from his alma mater on Signing Day. Suffice it to say that he won't be honred in Tallahassee any time soon.
Purple Haize liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 16th, 2021, 1:28 pm
Ballcoach's sources tell me that the number one recruit in the nation was a CB from GA named Hunter, who rejected Bama's offer and signed with FCS Jackson State in MS. How does that happen?
First, It wasn't "Bama's" offer he rejected. He was committed to Florida State (Tallahassee, not Tuscaloosa).
Second, your article REALLY has Saban going after Coach Prime: "'I have a lot of respect for Deion Sanders…and I enjoy doing commercials with him,' Saban told reporters." Sounds menacing. :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Are you denying that Saban offered or was pursuing the #1 CB in the nation?

The veneer on the Tuscaloosa experience isn't as shiny now as before. And with the Bama bag men now on the same playing field above the table thanks to NIL suddenly the rules are changing quickly.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If you think Texas doesn’t have bag men…..sheesh.

Everybody cheats. The SEC has just made it an art form. Texas will fit right in, I’m sure.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That's my point. By bringing it above the table it takes the advantages the SEC used by completely ignoring NCAA regulations. It is also the primary reason why UT & OU felt compelled to join a relatively subpar academic league like the SEC. NIL is a much bigger deal than many recognize.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 17th, 2021, 11:56 am Are you denying that Saban offered or was pursuing the #1 CB in the nation?
No, that's not what I wrote. He wasn't expected to go to BAMA. He was expected to go to FSU.

The incendiary comments didn't come from Saban. They came from Lane Kiffin. Cider should know that. He is an Ole Miss grad. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 17th, 2021, 4:06 pm
Sly Fox wrote: December 17th, 2021, 11:56 am Are you denying that Saban offered or was pursuing the #1 CB in the nation?
No, that's not what I wrote. He wasn't expected to go to BAMA. He was expected to go to FSU.

The incendiary comments didn't come from Saban. They came from Lane Kiffin. Cider should know that. He is an Ole Miss grad. :lol:
But he’s also a Marshall guy. So…
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 17th, 2021, 7:51 pm That's low. :lol:
The truth hurts.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 17th, 2021, 4:12 pm
alabama24 wrote: December 17th, 2021, 4:06 pm He is an Ole Miss grad. :lol:
But he’s also a Marshall guy. So…
Don't forget UVa. Study When it comes to education, I get around. 8)
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
my favorite part of NSD day was the guy who flew to LA (i think) sat in front of all this Takis banners and made the announcement....that he hadn't decided yet.

NIL is going to be kind of annoying for a while until they figure it out a bit better, but I firmly believe this and a expanded playoff bring much more parity to college football. There is no way the #1 recruit signs with jackson state if NIL didn't exist.
Sly Fox, thepostman liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As one coach recently said, some schools have been buying recruits before NLI. The transfer portal and NLI will destroy college sports, sooner rather than later.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yep. Alabama is going to have to start paying fair market value
By willflop
For those that are pro-NIL (I don't have a strong opinion either way), would you support LU doing a similar plan that Texas is reportedly doing with the 50k a year for OL recruits?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I predict Texas, Oregon and Ohio State will be the first to "get caught with their hand in the cookie jar".

There has to be someone, somewhere with enough clout/power, to realize the NLI crap will eventually backfire. Same goes for transfer portal.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]