If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 20th, 2021, 4:36 pm I predict Texas, Oregon and Ohio State will be the first to "get caught with their hand in the cookie jar".
Get caught? NIL is LEGAL. So are they going to get “caught” doing something within the rules?

You don’t like NIL because it’s different. You don’t understand NIL because it’s different. Old people don’t like change. You keep propagating the stereotype.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 20th, 2021, 4:36 pm I predict Texas, Oregon and Ohio State will be the first to "get caught with their hand in the cookie jar".

There has to be someone, somewhere with enough clout/power, to realize the NLI crap will eventually backfire. Same goes for transfer portal.
Backfire how?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I saw on Twitter yesterday, that one school who had a good recruiting class on signing day, benefited from "high roller boosters", working out deals with recruits, to sign with their school. Basically paying recruits to sign.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 4th, 2022, 10:06 am I saw on Twitter yesterday, that one school who had a good recruiting class on signing day, benefited from "high roller boosters", working out deals with recruits, to sign with their school. Basically paying recruits to sign.
Where's Rick Hendricks when you need him :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By jmclaughlin
The Wild, Wild West Days of the Pony Express are now in-bounds and encouraged behavior.
Caleb Williams - OU, might be a test case for how things move going forward.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My son is currently at Texas A&M and my oldest daughter heads there this fall (on academic scholarship, Praise God!). The incredible last minute haul by the Aggies not only on signing day but ever since smells to high heaven of payments that have given them a class that will be tough for any school to match in the years ahead. Of course it is all legal now. Clearly the Alabama boosters are going to have to step up their game if they want to compete with the Texans movoing forward.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
As I said, Alabama is going to ha e to start paying fair market value!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
It will be interesting to see how it plays out. My buddies are tried of watching the same 4 or 5 teams play in the championship game ever year. Jackson State needs FBS asap, who knows how much money some of the newbies can line up. :wink:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 4th, 2022, 11:53 am The Wild, Wild West Days of the Pony Express are now in-bounds and encouraged behavior.
Caleb Williams - OU, might be a test case for how things move going forward.
This guy basically became a free agent, offering himself to highest bidder, and OU said they would pay him to stay. This case has to be a violation of the rules, someway, somehow.
This image & likeness crap along with transfer portal will eventually destroy college athletics.
flameshaw liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 4th, 2022, 12:38 pm It will be interesting to see how it plays out. My buddies are tried of watching the same 4 or 5 teams play in the championship game ever year. Jackson State needs FBS asap, who knows how much money some of the newbies can line up. :wink:
Committee should stop putting Big 10, Notre Dame and Oklahoma in the playoffs.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 4th, 2022, 1:37 pm
TH Spangler wrote: January 4th, 2022, 12:38 pm It will be interesting to see how it plays out. My buddies are tried of watching the same 4 or 5 teams play in the championship game ever year. Jackson State needs FBS asap, who knows how much money some of the newbies can line up. :wink:
Committee should stop putting Big 10, Notre Dame and Oklahoma in the playoffs.
Sorry ballcoach I'm a anybody but Alabama guy. :lol: :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 4th, 2022, 1:37 pm Committee should stop putting Big 10, Notre Dame and Oklahoma in the playoffs.
So do you want 4 SEC teams since they are clearly the best conference in the country? :dontgetit
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote: December 20th, 2021, 4:19 pm For those that are pro-NIL (I don't have a strong opinion either way), would you support LU doing a similar plan that Texas is reportedly doing with the 50k a year for OL recruits?
Hey, it's missionary work. :wink:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A good playoff this season would have been Alabama, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Ole Miss. 🙂
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]