If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: February 21st, 2022, 8:51 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 8:57 pm There was a time in history that I dated a former Georgia cheerleader.
What was his name???
It was last Tuesday
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: February 21st, 2022, 10:30 am It is the lack of leadership that creates the conflicting interests. Limit the final four to just on entry per conference and suddenly Sankey's tune would change.
Nope. It is only the fools who want to ruin college football like college basketball.

The big dance is a big joke.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
12 teams is the worst possible number they could put in playoffs. That means some teams will get byes, which no team deserves............ever.
12 teams also means automatic bids for Notre Dame and Ohio State every year.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If and when this all comes to pass, it further solidifies the wisdom in Ian leading us into CUSA.

But remember, it was the B1G who killed this structure proposal earlier this year. And I think they have a stronger position today than they did back then.
By Ill flame
It's important to note based on the article that all of this would take affect after the current cfp contract as of right now. The big ten is all for expansion, they just want multiple networks involved.
By Ill flame

This is one of the best scenario we could've hoped for. Instead of the P5 getting automatic bids it's the top 6 conference Champs. If the PAC 12 goes away that leaves room for 2 G5 conference champs. It might be tough but we will now have a direct path to a CFP, especially with the heavy hitters in the AAC gone soon

Edit: another thing I like about it is that the G5 representatives won't immediately be playing a top 4 seed in the first round. A 5-8 ranked team would be tough to beat but there's usually a steep drop off from the best teams in the country. It should make for some great games and fun upsets.
thepostman, flamehunter liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 4:22 pm 12 teams is the worst possible number they could put in playoffs. That means some teams will get byes, which no team deserves............ever.
12 teams also means automatic bids for Notre Dame and Ohio State every year.
Huh?? This is great. Gives byes to those who earned it and gives G5 schools at least a chance. This is a great day for college football. I'm excited.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:36 am You do realize that all four byes go to conference champions. Don't you?
Doubtful
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Yeah this is great. I was a 8 team guy, but the more that merrier. the #1 reason this is fantastic is we don't have conference championships then what 4 weeks before the season continues? absurd.
Sly Fox liked this
By Ill flame
I know our collective focus is on the search for a new coach but I'm suprised this news has flown under the radar. Starting in 2024 we will officially have a direct path to a CFP.

AATL, Kricket liked this
By AATL
This is good for the sport. Imagine how many more meaningful games we would have seen over the past three weeks if this was here now.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
We may be seeing a shift that top tier G5s like us, are more attractive than lower level P5s for the foreseeable future.

We have the resources and legitimately have a better path to the playoffs every year than lower level P5s, maybe even mid level P5s. We also would be a lower risk springboard to higher P5 openings.

Nobody likes playing in a garbage conference but this makes it sting a heck of a lot less.
By willflop
No no P5s on the schedule, no potential top 25 CFP wins, AAC bias (and anti-LU bias if you want to add that), it feels like we'd need to go 27-0 the next two years with a good margin of victory to have a shot.
JK37 liked this
By AATL
willflop wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:22 am No no P5s on the schedule, no potential top 25 CFP wins, AAC bias (and anti-LU bias if you want to add that), it feels like we'd need to go 27-0 the next two years with a good margin of victory to have a shot.
Regardless, the sales pitch of competing for a slot will still be very real for recruits and staff. Simply being in the conversation is leaps and bounds ahead of where we are now.
Ill flame liked this
By willflop
AATL wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:35 am
willflop wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:22 am No no P5s on the schedule, no potential top 25 CFP wins, AAC bias (and anti-LU bias if you want to add that), it feels like we'd need to go 27-0 the next two years with a good margin of victory to have a shot.
Regardless, the sales pitch of competing for a slot will still be very real for recruits and staff. Simply being in the conversation is leaps and bounds ahead of where we are now.
No doubt, I'm all for it. I'm just thinking downstream from what we learned after having an 8/1 record with wins over BYU and Ark.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yeah. Ian is looking like a genius right now. I’m sure those of you most vocal in your opposition to the move will be sure to send him an apology and Christmas cookies :D
ballcoach15 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I think we need to go undefeated for one year and our odds would be decent to get in. The top G5s are gone to the Big 12 and we're one of the big fish in that small pond now.

Isn't the new format the 6 top ranked conference winners get in? Thats a guarantee of a G5 getting in and perhaps 2 if one of the power 5s has a down year.

If we run the table, it would probably take another G5 running the table as well to push us out. Maybe a 1 loss AAC team gets in ahead of us but I don't think a 1 loss Sun Belt would.
By Ill flame
No undefeated G5 school has been left out of a NY6 bowl in the CFP era and that was when there was no opportunity for a second G5 school to make it. If we win we will get in. The CFP committee wouldn't want to deal with that controversy. Tulane and SMU might be solid this year but all the heavy hitters that have improved the committees perception of the AAC will be gone. Next years AAC is just a modified C-USA from 10 years ago.
Kricket liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:58 pm Yeah. Ian is looking like a genius right now. I’m sure those of you most vocal in your opposition to the move will be sure to send him an apology and Christmas cookies :D
I still question the scheduling, but dropping P5’s was out of IM’s hands.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]