If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 3:10 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:58 pm Yeah. Ian is looking like a genius right now. I’m sure those of you most vocal in your opposition to the move will be sure to send him an apology and Christmas cookies :D
I still question the scheduling, but dropping P5’s was out of IM’s hands.
Yeah I don’t like a lot of the P5 drops but a lot were because the P5’s wanted to drop.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If you aren’t playing this weekend you shouldn’t be moving up into the CFP
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 9:43 pm If you aren’t playing this weekend you shouldn’t be moving up into the CFP
Based on what? The guidelines should be followed.

I think BAMA is better than ohio & TCU... and would beat them. I don't see, however, a reason for BAMA to jump ohio or TCU. Since the committee decided that ohio was more deserving LAST WEEK, and nothing has changed since then, ohio should be in the #4 spot.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:20 am
Purple Haize wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 9:43 pm If you aren’t playing this weekend you shouldn’t be moving up into the CFP
Based on what? The guidelines should be followed.

I think BAMA is better than ohio & TCU... and would beat them. I don't see, however, a reason for BAMA to jump ohio or TCU. Since the committee decided that ohio was more deserving LAST WEEK, and nothing has changed since then, ohio should be in the #4 spot.
What did the schools that didn’t play this weekend do to get better or improve their case? Nothing. USC certainly didn’t help their case by getting crushed by Utah so you could make a case for them to be out. But at least they were playing. TCU lost in OT to a ranked team, they don’t deserve to be dropped. I’m just saying you shouldn’t be rewarded for doing nothing
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:47 pm Here is your Top 4:

Georgia, Michigan, Clemson, Kansas State.
False.

I don’t believe the Best Four at the present moment got in. But the committee sent the message they always spout: that Full Body of Work matters most.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
If it was about the “best teams” you wouldn’t have to play the games. Might as well just go by recruiting rankings. It’s about the best resume/results from the season. No one on the outside looking in has an argument from their resume. The only thing fans can say is they “look better,” whatever that means.
Ill flame liked this
By Have_a_Gansett_2011
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 9:29 pm If Purdue upsets Michigan, B10 shouldn't have any teams in playoffs.
Ballcoach, I must say as a B1G apologist, I thought of you when I heard both UM and OSU got in. It made me smile! Go Blue!
By Ill flame
There would be weeping and gnashing of teeth across the south for some reason if we end up getting a rematch of the game in the national championship. It would probably be the most watched natty in modern football history.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 4th, 2022, 4:23 pm If it was about the “best teams” you wouldn’t have to play the games. Might as well just go by recruiting rankings. It’s about the best resume/results from the season. No one on the outside looking in has an argument from their resume. The only thing fans can say is they “look better,” whatever that means.
I wasn’t saying best team on paper, rather the best performing team at end of season vs,, say, beginning or middle. We don’t know at beginning, we have much more of a clue in the middle.

What the committee said is the hottest team now isn’t nothing, but the Full Body of Work is paramount. And I’m ok with that. Winning a natty always requires a little bit of luck.
stokesjokes liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That chairman of committee reminds me of a fellow I worked with years ago. He could tell a lie, knowing he was lying, and everyone who heard him knew it was a lie, yet everyone walked away believing it to be true.

(and Bill Hancock hasn't spoken yet)
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i think most likely OSU deserved the 4 spot. but their reasoning (played 3 good quarters against michigan) is dumb. they got housed over and over and lost by 21 and bama lost on last second plays. I didnt' want to see bama in either but some of this reasoning/justification is dumb.
By Ill flame
This is why I don't watch those interviews. Generally the CFP committee gets the top 4 correct by the end of the season but their reasoning rarely makes sense.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]