If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
"because duh" doesnt' make for good conversation on a half hour tv show that could last 5 minutes in truth
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If my memory is correct, most every semi final game has been a blow out. In the 9 years they've been doing this, they got it right 1 time. I forget the year, I saw a chart this morning on Twitter.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
I think a large issue that will be remedied in 2024 is that 4 weeks is a stupid long time to go between playing games. and what often happens is one of 2 teams regardless of talent comes out flat. teams with more experience seem to have it figured out better. Mich is has been a slow starter this year so needless to say i'm terrified.
By Ill flame
The CFP has been great this year. That michigan-TCU game was pure chaos and the uga-OSU game isn't much different so far. I hope the championship game is similar.
By Ill flame
Georgia got outplayed but managed to pull it out somehow. I figured Georgia would blow everyone out but now I'm not convinced. TCU apparently can't lose close games.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
In what world is Georgia not one of the 4 best teams in the country?
By Ill flame
aredd33 wrote: January 1st, 2023, 10:57 am In what world is Georgia not one of the 4 best teams in the country?
They got outplayed by a northern school, clearly they are trash. Texas A&m didn't lose to anyone north of the carolinas so maybe they should have made it instead.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I agree that the four best teams at this very moment, we’re not the four in it. It the four who most earned it over the course of the season definitely were the four in it.

Is the national champion the best team at the end of the season, or the best team over the course of the whole season? It’s a fun debate.

As the CFP is expanded, the answers to those questions will continue to align.

I hate that there is so much time between the conference championships and the CFP semi’s. Someone inevitably comes out flat. This year it was Michigan, and once they woke up it was almost enough. TCU did just enough. Kudo’s to them! And three weeks ago they lost of Kansas State, who got smoked by a healthy Alabama.

Sports is weird!
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 1st, 2023, 12:00 pm TCU did just enough...And three weeks ago they lost of Kansas State, who got smoked by a healthy Alabama.
THAT's why Ballcoach thinks Alabama is the BEST team in the country, even though they didn't make the "rigged" playoffs. :fineprint :oldhag
Last edited by Cider Jim on January 1st, 2023, 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Ill flame
If you give nick saban and his army of analysts enough time to prepare he could beat anyone with a MAC roster. It'll be nice for there to be less time between the regular season and post season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 1st, 2023, 1:41 pm I still think Georgia is better. It Ohio State surprised me last night.
Georgia is absolutely the best team in the Country. Ohio State has been simmering for over a month since their loss to Michigan. They came out primed and ready to play with something to prove. TCU is that plucky team that is maximizing everything they have and has incredible chemistry. Michigan came in over confident and unprepared which is not even remotely surprising

Joe Milton out of Tennessee was my break out player of Bowl season so far. Dude slings it very accurately and deep with ease. Some of those deep passes yesterday were jaw dropping. It looked like he put 0 effort into those huge bombs. Very impressive
By Tnobes
Ryan Day (and Jim harbaugh for that matter) gets paid to win 3 games all season, the Michigan game and both playoff games, once you win the East the big 10 championship 🏆 is a gimme, and he didn't win them last year and he didn't win them this year. Every other game on the schedule before the Michigan game is an automatic win they hardly even need to show up for. He (and Stroud) has been unimpressive thus far. Glad the Big10 is out of it, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs they are an irrelevant conference
Last edited by Tnobes on January 1st, 2023, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It's time the crooked selection committee starts recognizing the B10 for what they are, and stop putting them in playoffs.
I still maintain Alabama is best team in :football
Tnobes liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 8:13 am I still maintain Alabama is best TWO LOSS team in :football
FIFY, Ballcoach
By Ill flame
Just saw this and thought it was interesting.
Tv ratings from saturdays games:
Peach Bowl (Georgia v. Ohio st)- 22.1 million
Fiesta bowl (TCU V. Michigan)- 21.4 million
Sugar Bowl (Bama v. K state)- 9 million

For context here's last year's semifinal ratings:
Bama v. Cincinnati- 16.1 million
Georgia v. Michigan- 16.5 million

I guess people like fresh matchups and competitive games.
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 1:04 pm Just saw this and thought it was interesting.

Imagine if NCAA did a guaranteed minimum payout for playoff $ and a % rev share TV contract. That is a HUGE number/windfall all going the networks way. I have always thought it made the most sense for all parties even on Conference TV deals. ( Universities too chicken to “risk” a down year for their budgets, but there was a lot of $ just left on the table...
By Ill flame
tyndal23 wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 1:24 pm
Ill flame wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 1:04 pm Just saw this and thought it was interesting.

Imagine if NCAA did a guaranteed minimum payout for playoff $ and a % rev share TV contract. That is a HUGE number/windfall all going the networks way. I have always thought it made the most sense for all parties even on Conference TV deals. ( Universities too chicken to “risk” a down year for their budgets, but there was a lot of $ just left on the table...
With the CFP expanding I wonder if we start seeing each conference change how they do revenue sharing like we see with ncaa tourney money. Maybe the ACC gives more money to whoever makes the CFP as a way to retain Clemson and Florida state.
By cruzan_flame13
The business part of college football isn't dying, but the entertainment part of it has been in a decline. The extension of the playoffs looks interesting and might bring back the excitement of bowl games(that'll remain at that time). The quick growth of TCU this season has given a lot of programs hope for the future in my opinion. Yes NIL will keep the top P5's in power, nonetheless the flaws that was exposed may give the "little guy" programs some hope to get some gems who are desperate to find a home when things didn't go well at their previous spot. I hope the LU's NIL initiative will kick in and be a great example for how NIL should be organized. Kinda like online academic route that people criticized but now follow (in their own way :lol: ).
Last edited by cruzan_flame13 on January 2nd, 2023, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]