If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:26 am The Hokies are looking for a new head coach. Viable candidates?
I'm hearing Jamie Chadwell is high on their list.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:34 am
Dalegarz1 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:26 am The Hokies are looking for a new head coach. Viable candidates?
I'm hearing Jamie Chadwell is high on their list.
I just told my Tarheel buddy the other day they better get Chadwell before someone else does.
By Knights41+
Shane Beamer. Has a better road to a playoff at Tech than at USC. A few boosters and Golden Hokies want Beamer, from my sources.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Nobody is closer to Tech than Ballcoach. I wonder what his sources say? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am hearing 3 names, Coastal Carolina coach, Marshall coach and a coach I'd rather not name.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Napier seems like he obvious choice in Baton Rouge. But you know they will court everyone even though favored son Jimbo has told them thanks but no thanks.

I hobestly believe that while VT fans may be jeaous of our success, Coach Freeze likely is more interested in an SEC gig.

Clawson is the hot commodity of the moment.
By LU 57
Sly Fox wrote: November 16th, 2021, 7:20 pm Napier seems like he obvious choice in Baton Rouge. But you know they will court everyone even though favored son Jimbo has told them thanks but no thanks.

I hobestly believe that while VT fans may be jeaous of our success, Coach Freeze likely is more interested in an SEC gig.

A guy I know that is fairly close says Babcock is leery of HCHF’s baggage, which is fine by me.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 16th, 2021, 5:12 pm My VT sources say ballcoach is high on the list. But then, he may be overrated. 8)
TF often says that Ballcoach was an overpaid volunteer coach at Gretna. :oldhag
LUOrange liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Here's a CBS sports article listing their candidates for the VT job.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... andidates/

Their top 3 are
Gary Patterson
Shane Beamer
Jamie Chadwell

HF is in the next group, and here is what they have to say:

"Hugh Freeze, Liberty coach: Freeze's reputation has been through a multi-year car wash. His offense still works. He still produces quarterbacks and offensive numbers. Freeze is desperate to move up. Malik Willis going in the first round of the NFL Draft would be a good calling card."

They lose all credibility with me when they say he is "desperate to move up". What are they basing that on? Certainly nothing he has said. IMHO his level of "desperation" is so low, there are less than a handful of jobs in FBS he would even consider leaving Liberty for.
ballcoach15, flameshaw, flamehunter and 1 others liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Shannon Bream? Doubtful she'll leave her Fox gig for that one. But who knows? Stranger things have happened.
Sly Fox liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
The best thing about Fuente being fired is that we can stop seeing his Coke Zero commercial. For the record: His commercial was better than his coaching.

(I tried to find the commercial online without success).
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: November 17th, 2021, 12:55 pm
paradox wrote: November 17th, 2021, 9:50 am Shannon Bream?
Did someone have a typo?
If she decides to move in that direction, it would make sense to establish some success in a lower level program first. Getting a gig like that as a first gig seems like a stretch. However, success breeds success and successful people tend to be successful when they seriously commit to career change. This is all just conjecture at this stage. And sometimes society tends to push the women thing a little too far. But, I guess, we'll see. I'd say she's a dark horse at this stage, but very much in the mix.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 17th, 2021, 1:14 pm
alabama24 wrote: November 17th, 2021, 12:55 pm
paradox wrote: November 17th, 2021, 9:50 am Shannon Bream?
Did someone have a typo?
If she decides to move in that direction, it would make sense to establish some success in a lower level program first. Getting a gig like that as a first gig seems like a stretch. However, success breeds success and successful people tend to be successful when they seriously commit to career change. This is all just conjecture at this stage. And sometimes society tends to push the women thing a little too far. But, I guess, we'll see. I'd say she's a dark horse at this stage, but very much in the mix.
You are usually fairly good with satire paradox.

This is not your best work.
alabama24 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I'd categorize it more in the we're Big East level or we're like Gonzaga spectrum. More sarcasm if anything. Gotta do that every now and then. There is such a thing as realistic expectations.
By tyndal23
Sly Fox wrote: November 16th, 2021, 7:20 pm Napier seems like he obvious choice in Baton Rouge. But you know they will court everyone even though favored son Jimbo has told them thanks but no thanks.

Agreed. FL possible opening is the one that worries me,
By lawdawg2002
I would bet that UF is one of the few schools he would leave for, but I also don't think UF would go for him. UF's AD, Scott Strickland, was at Miss. St. when Freeze's issues were going on at Ole Miss. He had a front row seat for that mess and probably would be worried about it there.
LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]