If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LCA is loaded with D1 recruits in addition to Zach Rice. Jaylin Belford WR/CB has offer from UNC. Tight end Dillon Stowers is committed to Army. Gideon Davidson, freshman RB is receiving offers. Hopefully some of these will "stay home" and sign with Liberty.
I believe UNC offered Belford, in hopes it will help them get Rice.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on September 24th, 2021, 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 7:50 am LCA is loaded with D1 recruits in addition to Zach Rice. Jaylin Belford WR/CB has offer from UNC. Tight end Dillon Stowers is committed to Army. Gideon Davis, freshman RB is receiving offers. Hopefully some of these will "stay home" and sign with Liberty.
Gideon Davidson.
By LUOrange
Wasn't the kid offered by UNC only offered preferred walk-on though? I do agree that we need to be recruiting VA, especially locally, better. Elijah Davis should never have been allowed to go to ODU without first getting the full-court press from us. Same with the JMU softball pitcher.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Davis was during TG years, and that staff was notoriously late on everybody. I can say with some confidence that wouldn’t have happened under HF.

JMU pitcher was a nobody from nowhere who went to JMU’s camp to be seen. Sometimes those are just gonna fall through the cracks.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
JK37 wrote: October 1st, 2021, 4:25 pm Davis was during TG years, and that staff was notoriously late on everybody. I can say with some confidence that wouldn’t have happened under HF.

JMU pitcher was a nobody from nowhere who went to JMU’s camp to be seen. Sometimes those are just gonna fall through the cracks.

my point was in general. I knew Gill's crew dropped the ball with Davis. The JMU girl did come to one of our camps though. She may very well have been the diamond in the rough, and hindsight is always 20/20. But we still need to do better locally and in VA.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Several softball pitchers from Seminole District have gone to other schools, in past 1-3 years. VT, UVA, Clemson were the benefactors.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 1st, 2021, 8:46 pm Several softball pitchers from Seminole District have gone to other schools, in past 1-3 years. VT, UVA, Clemson were the benefactors.
Unbelievable. HS players from Central Virginia deciding to play for UVA or VT.

:shock:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: October 1st, 2021, 9:03 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 1st, 2021, 8:46 pm Several softball pitchers from Seminole District have gone to other schools, in past 1-3 years. VT, UVA, Clemson were the benefactors.
Unbelievable. HS players from Central Virginia deciding to play for UVA or VT.

:shock:
*clutches my pearls*
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Zach Rice picks UNC. He should have picked Liberty University. At least he didn't pick UVA, Notre Dame or Ohio State.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 7:15 am Zach Rice picks UNC. He should have picked Liberty University. At least he didn't pick UVA, Notre Dame or Ohio State.
Must be their strong African-American Studies program. 8)

Actually, I'm anything but a fan of the tarholes, and I have real reasons for that, but the reality is that Zach will be enrolled in their "Pre-NFL Studies" program, and that has proven to be far more successful than Liberty's equivalent.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Carolina football is an oxymoron. My prediction is that he will be in the transfer portal within two years. Mack Brown is waaaaaay over the hill and not a very good coach.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 7:15 am Zach Rice picks UNC.
I was shocked to hear Zach Rice's name mentioned in the men's restroom at the UVa softball game tonight. I guess the Hoo fans really thought Zach was going to be playing college football in-state in Cville. :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 9:23 am Carolina football is an oxymoron. My prediction is that he will be in the transfer portal within two years. Mack Brown is waaaaaay over the hill and not a very good coach.
Basically accurate, but the strange thing is, despite their lackluster results on the field, UNC does continue to sign high level recruits, and quite a few have found their way to NFL rosters. The current number is 13. By comparison, Liberty has 2 and VT 16.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The combination of Carolina Blue & Mack's sweet talk is a formidable combination on the recruiting trail. I love Mack as a person and appreaicte hat he did in Austin. But he has alays been the King of February. At UT he had the resources to get the best coordinators in the business. At UNC he is exposed.

That said I hope Zach has a great experience in Chapel Hill. I am sure he is well aware that if things don't work out the way he likes that he'll always have a home in Lynchburg.
LU 57 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: October 1st, 2021, 4:10 pm Wasn't the kid offered by UNC only offered preferred walk-on though? I do agree that we need to be recruiting VA, especially locally, better. Elijah Davis should never have been allowed to go to ODU without first getting the full-court press from us. Same with the JMU softball pitcher.
Davis is no longer on the Monarchs roster.

https://www.wtkr.com/sports/odu-running ... definitely
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The local paper said this week that LCA has the number 1 running back in the country! :shock:
LUOrange liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 1st, 2022, 10:15 am The local paper said this week that LCA has the number 1 running back in the country! :shock:
Gideon Davidson, a sophomore, is number 1 RB in the country in his class (2025). He's also the 19th overall recruit regardless of position in that class. I love his humble attitude. He told his dad that he's got work to do since he's 19th.
By Ill flame
I would love to see him come to Liberty but I wouldn't blame him for choosing one of the many blue bloods that have already given him offers and the NIL money that would come with it. We should recruit him hard and make sure he knows he could always transfer back home if things don't work out wherever he chooses to go.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]