If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Akron's head coach gets the ax today after going 3-24...yikes.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
After the embarrassing loss to South Carolina and yesterday’s shockingly worse performance I don’t see how Dan Mullen survives at Florida.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 4:52 pm Washington looking. Pretty good job. Should look at Baylor HC.
Is Wash job better than Baylor? In other words, Wash can look all they want. Why would Baylor HC want it?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 15th, 2021, 9:04 am Baylor is a much better job than Washington.
True in many ways. The problem with Baylor is that they are part of a conference that has been, and likely will continue to be, highly unstable. Say what you will about the Pac (and there is plenty to say) stability is not lacking.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Why would a Baylor coach want to go to Washington? Let me see, perhaps because he didn't want to live in a dumpy town where there are regularly mass killings. Perhaps because Seattle is one of the most awesome places to live in the U.S. Perhaps because the financials would be significantly in his favor even factoring in cost of living.

Coaches with connections to Texas HS coaches don't disappear when you pull up stakes to head NW.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 15th, 2021, 10:45 am It appears Butch Davis won't be prowling the FIU sidelines any longer.

Not surprising. FIU needs to make a decision as to whether they want to legitimize their program by allocating sufficient resources or drop to a lower level. Mario Cristobal worked wonders there and then got fired after they went 11-14 in his last 2 years. After leaving, it was widely spread that Mario was not particularly sad to go because of the lack of facilities and resources at FIU. It's a dumpster fire.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Unsurprisingly there’s now a job opening in Blacksburg Virginia.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:32 am Unsurprisingly there’s now a job opening in Blacksburg Virginia.
So the question is this- Which is a better gig? Blacksburg or Lynchburg?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
IMHO VT is one of very few schools outside of the SEC that would be attractive to HCHF. I have no idea about the interest on either side but on the outside looking in that seems like a good fit.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts

Now this would be pretty interesting.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
My first thought is this was his agent speaking trying to get a raise out of Ole Miss but it sure would be fun if true.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Ole Miss is probably a better job right now but if someone was able to revive the U that would quickly change.

But that isn't happening so my gut tells me this is just Lane's agent playing games. Good on him I guess.
By Ill flame
I would much rather coach at Miami. A half decent coach should compete for championships in one of the weakest divisions in the P5. Especially in the Era of players getting paid for their likeness. It would definitely beat out a school in the worst state in the country competing in the best division pending realignment.
Sly Fox liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Job security at SEC schools isn't very good. Mullen was supposed to return Gators to the top. Coaches abandon good jobs to go for so called bigger and better jobs, then get fired 2 or 3 years later.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:35 pm Job security at SEC schools isn't very good. Mullen was supposed to return Gators to the top. Coaches abandon good jobs to go for so called bigger and better jobs, then get fired 2 or 3 years later.
99% of coaches are hired to be fired. Not just SEC. Can’t stay in one place forever.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:52 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:35 pm Job security at SEC schools isn't very good. Mullen was supposed to return Gators to the top. Coaches abandon good jobs to go for so called bigger and better jobs, then get fired 2 or 3 years later.
99% of coaches are hired to be fired. Not just SEC. Can’t stay in one place forever.
You know who knows that? Coaches.
Take a look at some of these buyouts. I do not weep for them.
JK37 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]