If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 11:00 am I think Delaware Administration is stranded out in left field, based on comments from Blue Hen AD. Rocco should seek a FBS job, and leave FCS. Going from LU to Richmond to Delaware, were all lateral movements.
Delaware may be in the same conference as Richmond, but it is in a whole other league when it comes to the University's commitment to their football program. NOT a lateral move.
Sly Fox, Baybird liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That used to be the case with the Blue Hens, but that level of commitment to excellence has been in shorter supply in recent years.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I did a little research on Delaware. They are #3 in FCS on amount of $$$$$ spent for football. Their attendance isn't good. 8000 to 18000, this season.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 4:02 pm That used to be the case with the Blue Hens, but that level of commitment to excellence has been in shorter supply in recent years.
I think it was the case when Danny went there, and particularly in contrast to Richmond, where the administration prioritized lacross over football.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree completely. But they seem to be content to be a big fish in an increasingly smaller CAA pond. Austerity appears to be their word of the moment. They allegedly were approached by CUSA (and perhaps the MAC) and offered back a hard pass. With JMU leaving the fold, they will be able to signicantly outspend the rest of the league. It feels like us in the Big South once upon a time.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Bronco is out at UVA. Retiring maybe? He said it was his decision to leave.
I thought he did pretty well all things considered. Was able to actually beat Tech once. So that’s a nice feather in the cap I guess.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 4:30 pm I agree completely. But they seem to be content to be a big fish in an increasingly smaller CAA pond. Austerity appears to be their word of the moment. They allegedly were approached by CUSA (and perhaps the MAC) and offered back a hard pass. With JMU leaving the fold, they will be able to signicantly outspend the rest of the league. It feels like us in the Big South once upon a time.
And as we learned, just because you can spend more, it doesn't mean you're going to win more.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 8:09 pm I heard he was told to fire both coordinators, and he refused.
Rocco or Mendenhall?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 7:19 pm Bronco is out at UVA. Retiring maybe? He said it was his decision to leave.
I thought he did pretty well all things considered. Was able to actually beat Tech once. So that’s a nice feather in the cap I guess.
Not really.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 7:19 pm Bronco is out at UVA. Retiring maybe? He said it was his decision to leave.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Coastal if Jamey Chadwell gets hired away. :wink:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:47 am
flamehunter wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:37 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:25 am Rocco will probably end up as a defensive coordinator at a P5 schools.
I hear Penn State may be looking for one.
I believe Rocco was at Penn State once before.
ODU just let their OC go.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:25 am Rocco will probably end up as a defensive coordinator at a P5 schools.
Technically correct.
Wrong Rocco.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 11:07 am
Technically correct.
Wrong Rocco.
Actually Danny started his playing career at PSU before transferring to Wake Forest.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 4:55 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 4:39 pm "Best coaching job in the country" is debatable. There are some good jobs in the SEC. I think he left Oklahoma because he got scared of SEC. Playing PAC 12 cupcakes will be better for him, than playing Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, Florida, Texas A&M, etc.
I don’t think he left OU because he was scared of the SEC. Sure there’s an easier path to the playoff in the Pac12 but I think the terms of the contract in that tweet were why he left.
That kind of deal is really hard for any sane person to turn down.
And after looking into it a bit I think it’s the same for BK leaving ND for LSU.
Their grandchildren will never have to worry about money. Hard to say no to that.
Because there are plenty of distractions in SoCal you need to win to be relevant but when USC is winning they are the third biggest team in the region behind the Dodgers :twisted: and the Lakers. It's a great job.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 4:32 pm The Maryland basketball coach resigned today, 8 games into the season.
Not unexpected. Except the timing. He wanted out. Weird behind scenes there.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:59 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 4:32 pm The Maryland basketball coach resigned today, 8 games into the season.
Not unexpected. Except the timing. He wanted out. Weird behind scenes there.
Maryland has been that way for awhile
JK37, ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 7:19 pm Bronco is out at UVA.
There was an article in the local paper today that said UVa should take a page out of VT's playbook and hire Penn State's other co-DC as the Hoos' next head coach. In case you don't know who that is, does the name Anthony Poindexter ring a bell?

According to the article, UVa's AD has already contacted Poindexter to see if he is interested in returning to his alma mater as their new head coach. Thoughts?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I don't know much about his coaching ability but that would be cool to see him come back full circle to his old stomping grounds.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]