If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Really early start this year. Clay Helton out at USC already.
Not too surprising I guess…I believe he’s been on the hot seat for a year or two.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
As a SC fan, I am glad to see him go. Never was very good. He won't be hard to replace for sure. Unfortunately, they will probably make some CA hire, based on something rather than the best available football coach.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
'SC is about three years late on this move but better late than never. This is the third straight coach they have fired during the season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: September 14th, 2021, 10:46 am
ballcoach15 wrote: September 14th, 2021, 9:30 am Wasn't USC ranked just 2 or 3 weeks ago ? Another example of how bad Poll voters are.
Ranked 14th exactly one week ago.
Every voter who put USC in Top 25, should be fired as a poll voter. There was zero justification for ranking Trojans that high.
By tyndal23
LSU / Freeze - Paul Finebaum did a lengthy q&a on if Freeze would be a candidate there or other big openings this year with an “expert” on the investable Coach O firing this year...
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I guess Hugh has been in a good position to move on for quite some time. He can definitely handle the hot seat. But he's also a family guy. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure this will be a yearly discussion until he does leave or the success comes to an end.
By Ill flame
I don't anticipate him staying until retirement but if he can stick around for 4 years I think that will really set us on the right path moving forward. I think he would do really well at USC but I would be very surprised to see him leave liberty for a job that isn't in the SEC or Clemson.
By Ill flame
Considering we are looking at 8-4 likely being our ceiling next year his stock may be at his highest now. This off season will be very telling. I've heard some Malik hype on random ESPN games but no mention in the media of HF as a hot commodity.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Where do i sign for 8 and 4 next year. That would be the best season yet with that schedule unless we win out this year.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’d hope we’re still upgrading talent in most positions. Losing Malik will be big, but our roster should be getting better all-around. By my count 8-4 means losing all of our big games next year. I’d be shocked if we didn’t come away with at least one of those.
By Ill flame
Arkansas, Virginia tech, BYU and wake forest are a combined 16-1 so far this season. I'm not counting on winning either of those games.

The rest of the games next year are cupcakes except UAB. Even with a new QB I think we have the talent to comfortably win those games. As a general rule our players that are leaving the program aren't as talented as the incoming players and that should at a minimum help our depth.

We've got a very good shot at a 10 win season this year that will make HF look very attractive as a candidate. 8-4 is great but potentially not sexy enough for schools like LSU
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: October 8th, 2021, 10:44 pm Arkansas, Virginia tech, BYU and wake forest are a combined 16-1 so far this season. I'm not counting on winning either of those games.

The rest of the games next year are cupcakes except UAB. Even with a new QB I think we have the talent to comfortably win those games. As a general rule our players that are leaving the program aren't as talented as the incoming players and that should at a minimum help our depth.

We've got a very good shot at a 10 win season this year that will make HF look very attractive as a candidate. 8-4 is great but potentially not sexy enough for schools like LSU
I would be happy only losing all 4 of those games by 10 points or less and remaining undefeated against G5. If we can pull off our streak of no G5 losses this year, incredible feat in and of itself. As for expecting to beat P5 teams in full away stadiums this year or next - or BYU / VT at home at full strength - if you are “expecting it” vs “hoping it” - I need a roll call for any of you who made fun of my P5 Equivalent long term strategy...
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Is it really a bad loss BC, or are you just letting your biases get in the way of your judgement?

Don't answer that. We know the answer.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Not that this actually means anything, but it’s funny that of the 4 teams we’re talking about losing to next season, 3 lost and one scraped by Syracuse in OT.
ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
stokesjokes wrote: October 9th, 2021, 11:59 pm Not that this actually means anything, but it’s funny that of the 4 teams we’re talking about losing to next season, 3 lost and one scraped by Syracuse in OT.
Now go plug in our returning production, recruiting rankings and overall team talent. It means something, just not everything...

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.