If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I don’t really really know anything about him either. Would be a pretty interesting hire.
Seems like a really low floor and a pretty high ceiling hire to me.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 4th, 2021, 2:41 pm
aredd33 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 7:19 pm Bronco is out at UVA.
There was an article in the local paper today that said UVa should take a page out of VT's playbook and hire Penn State's other co-DC as the Hoos' next head coach. In case you don't know who that is, does the name Anthony Poindexter ring a bell?

According to the article, UVa's AD has already contacted Poindexter to see if he is interested in returning to his alma mater as their new head coach. Thoughts?
My radar screen says Poindexter will be new Virginia Head Coach.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 7:07 pm
aredd33 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 7:19 pm Bronco is out at UVA.
There was an article in the local paper today that said UVa should take a page out of VT's playbook and hire Penn State's other co-DC as the Hoos' next head coach. In case you don't know who that is, does the name Anthony Poindexter ring a bell?

According to the article, UVa's AD has already contacted Poindexter to see if he is interested in returning to his alma mater as their new head coach. Thoughts?
Eventually , you will achieve Broken Clock Status
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 5th, 2021, 7:45 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 7:07 pm

Eventually , you will achieve Broken Clock Status
I'd go with Blind Squirrel. I don't see him making it to twice a day.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Manny Diaz gets canned and Mario Cristobal is expected to take over Miami...Lane Kiffen already got that raise he was after.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 1:10 pm Manny Diaz gets canned and Mario Cristobal is expected to take over Miami...Lane Kiffen already got that raise he was after.
Diaz was a BAD hire from Day 1 at Miami. I recall someone mentioning him as a possible candidate for the Liberty job, before Coach Freeze was hired.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 2:17 pm
aredd33 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 1:10 pm Manny Diaz gets canned and Mario Cristobal is expected to take over Miami...Lane Kiffen already got that raise he was after.
Diaz was a BAD hire from Day 1 at Miami. I recall someone mentioning him as a possible candidate for the Liberty job, before Coach Freeze was hired.
Who mentioned that?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 6th, 2021, 2:58 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 2:17 pm
Who mentioned that?
I cannot remember.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sources now say Poindexter will remain at Penn State. UVA now looking at Clemson OC Tony Elliott. I hope he turns Boo hoos down. Going from Clemson to UVA is a demotion, regardless of pay or job title.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Looks like a done deal for Elliott to Boo hoos. I give him 3 years and he'll be gone. This is a guy who is rumored to have to turned down Tennessee, Auburn and South Carolina last year.

I look for Brandon Streeter to be new OC at Clemson.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Wondering if Ballcoach's sources will tell him that the Michigan OC is next in line for the UVa job. :dontgetit
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 10th, 2021, 3:43 am Wondering if Ballcoach's sources will tell him that the Michigan OC is next in line for the UVa job. :dontgetit
He’s proven his sources are worthless
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 10th, 2021, 7:30 am My sources have had a bad week, but with Poindexter, I didn't need or have sources, initially. I thought he'd get job.
Still waiting for you to man up on the other thread. But just like any prediction from your sources it’s “doubtful”. Truly sad but not unexpected on your part
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reference the Virginia job, I was told this morning that UVA is insisting that the new coach retain "some of Mendenhall's assistant coaches". That's the reason Poindexter and Elliott did not accept the job.
A Head Coach has to be given complete freedom to assemble his own staff.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Still waiting for you to man up on the other thread. But just like any prediction from your sources it’s “doubtful”. Truly sad but not unexpected on your part
[/quote]

OPSEC is part of sports, the same as in military and law enforcement. It's always best not to reveal sources, because that's the best way for sources to get cut off. But, I will say that most of my sources are in Southeastern Conference states.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 10th, 2021, 9:24 am OPSEC is part of sports, the same as in military and law enforcement. It's always best not to reveal sources, because that's the best way for sources to get cut off. But, I will say that most of my sources are in Southeastern Conference states.
No it isn't remotely the same thing. As a military man yourself, could you even type that with a straight face?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]