If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame
As meaningless as most bowls are nowadays they will never stop being fun to watch. CFP games are almost always blowouts but we've been treated to some great games this weekend with Penn St being the exception today.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 1st, 2022, 10:02 pm As meaningless as most bowls are nowadays they will never stop being fun to watch. CFP games are almost always blowouts but we've been treated to some great games this weekend with Penn St being the exception today.
Walk on QB. Only snaps this season have been kneel downs. Leads team down field to tie game up with beautiful TD pass. Great story. 2nd best Bowl game of the season
LU 57 liked this
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: January 1st, 2022, 10:12 pm
Ill flame wrote: January 1st, 2022, 10:02 pm As meaningless as most bowls are nowadays they will never stop being fun to watch. CFP games are almost always blowouts but we've been treated to some great games this weekend with Penn St being the exception today.
Walk on QB. Only snaps this season have been kneel downs. Leads team down field to tie game up with beautiful TD pass. Great story. 2nd best Bowl game of the season
Yeah, that was awesome.
Purple Haize liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 1st, 2022, 2:21 am Are we forgetting Alabama already blew out Georgia 2 games ago? Maybe cincy and Georgia should just play for second place at this point. It would probably be a closer game.
Coming from a BAMA fan... I fully believe that Georgia can beat BAMA. I don't like how beat up BAMA is at this point.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 9:09 am Ole Miss was done when Corral got hurt.
Yeah. And I hate seeing a guy with his draft profile who actually chooses to play in the bowl game, succumb to the very injury situation for which a lot of players opt-out. If his injury is serious, more and more will opt out.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 11:09 am Research what Corral said about playing in the bowl game. All players should have that attitude.
Once again, Ballcoach speaks the TRUTH.

ballcoach15 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
He probably needed this game though. Doesn't mean he's not first round, it just means that he'd be standing on better ground right now with a big time win in a big time game.

Pickett didn't play in his bowl because he delivered a big time performance in the ACC title game. His stock couldn't have possibly been higher after that game. Some people question his arm strength. We'll learn a lot from the offseason evaluations. If these concerns turn out to be superficial, he'll be an elite pick.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Sure didn't look that way going against Wake in the ACC title game.

Again, we'll see how the offseason evaluations go. He needs to demonstrate that he can make all the throws. With decent arm strength evaluations, this guy should go early. it all remains to be seen, so we'll see how it all plays out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 11:46 am Sure didn't look that way going against Wake in the ACC title game.

Again, we'll see how the offseason evaluations go. He needs to demonstrate that he can make all the throws. With decent arm strength evaluations, this guy should go early. it all remains to be seen, so we'll see how it all plays out.
Sure didn’t look like it sitting with the OC cheering on his teammates
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
College football is a means to an end. His stock is very high right now. Wasn't even on the radar last year. Seems like the right move for him. Meaningless bowl game. No regrets. Not cool if you're a Pitt fan though. All is forgiven if he makes them proud in the NFL. Maybe even gets to be a Steeler? Who knows?
By LU 57
paradox wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 5:59 pm College football is a means to an end. His stock is very high right now. Wasn't even on the radar last year. Seems like the right move for him. Meaningless bowl game. No regrets. Not cool if you're a Pitt fan though. All is forgiven if he makes them proud in the NFL. Maybe even gets to be a Steeler? Who knows?
A means to an end for him maybe; however only 1.6% of college football players are drafted.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
True. Pretty sure that Pickett is a 5 year guy. And was really a non-factor draft-wise until this season. So, he was outside that 1.6% prior to this year.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I'll throw this one out there. I'm familiar with someone, casually, from the 90s. 2nd leading scorer on college BB championship team. 1st team conference honors, maybe even MVP...don't remember. Nevertheless, he was projected to go 1st round NBA draft. Decided to play his senior year and graduate instead. He was universally lauded for this. But ended up underperforming his senior year due to multiple nagging injuries. Production went down. Didn't end up getting drafted at all. He loved the college game and that's why I think he stayed. But never seemed to completely get over it. Couldn't forgive himself for not riding the momentum and seizing the opportunity when it was there. Great guy, but never really found his place in the world outside of basketball.

Sometimes, getting the right advice is priceless.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Anyone, athlete or not, should realize that college will be a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of their life. If you are draft eligible and you love the game, your degree can wait for the second career after you do the best you can doing what you love and getting paid for it.
Purple Haize liked this
By Tnobes
Anyone, athlete or not, should realize that loyalty means something, you owe it to your team to give every last drop for every last second that you can. "Opting out" is just a nice way to say quiting. Basically the same as being dead beat dad walking out on your commitment
By Tnobes
paradox wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 7:01 pm I'll throw this one out there. I'm familiar with someone, casually, from the 90s. 2nd leading scorer on college BB championship team. 1st team conference honors, maybe even MVP...don't remember. Nevertheless, he was projected to go 1st round NBA draft. Decided to play his senior year and graduate instead. He was universally lauded for this. But ended up underperforming his senior year due to multiple nagging injuries. Production went down. Didn't end up getting drafted at all. He loved the college game and that's why I think he stayed. But never seemed to completely get over it. Couldn't forgive himself for not riding the momentum and seizing the opportunity when it was there. Great guy, but never really found his place in the world outside of basketball.

Sometimes, getting the right advice is priceless.
By Tnobes
ballcoach15 wrote: January 1st, 2022, 7:11 am SEC will win another championship, and I hope it's Alabama. But I was hoping Michigan would beat Georgia .
Ole Miss and Baylor probably would have been better playoff teams than Cincinnati and Michigan.
Maybe the selection committee learned a lesson on Big 10.

Sugar Bowl will probably be best bowl game of them all.
Hopefully the committee realizes the error of putting a non helmet school in the playoff, Cincinnati is terrible
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]