If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I always liked that guy. Tried out for football as a freshman when he was at Heritage. I quit after like a week because I hated practice. Four years later he is my teacher for some computer class and miraculously remembered me. One of the more remarkable things I've ever seen. Got to respect a guy with a memory like that. Was a good teacher as well.
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Love to see his success at Appomattox. Especially after he was done dirty by LCS!
What makes that win more impressive is they lost their RB less than an hour before the game due to Rona and then their starting QB (P5 prospect) on the opening kick off.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 5th, 2021, 9:52 am QBs should not play on special teams or defense.
Comeon man!
Why not dress him in a tutu while you're at it. :roll: :cheerleader

If your QB is a classic drop-back guy who is playing the position for his arm and his football IQ, you probably have someone better to do those things anyway.

If he is playing QB because he is the best athlete on the team, and you want the ball in his hands as much as possible (often the case in HS football) then I see no reason you would not want him running back kicks or being your shutdown corner or free safety too. It's not like QB is a "safe" position to play. Noone on the field is more vulnerable to being hit very hard by large human beings with bad intentions than a QB in the pocket.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 5th, 2021, 9:52 am QBs should not play on special teams or defense.
Javon Scruggs was all-state QB and I believe also on defense. Ask him how he feels about it. HS is not the same as college/pro. Smaller schools, like Appomattox, don't have that large of a pool to pick players from and the drop off from your stars to the back-ups can be steep.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 5th, 2021, 1:58 pm I believe a very small number of injuries in HS come from QBs getting hit in the pocket.
OK then. It must be true. Has to be true. Nobody knows as much about QB injuries as ballcoach. "Very small." they call it "very small". Not a lot of people know this, but the number of QBs injured in the the pocket is the smallest, most beautiful tiny number of all the numbers. It's so tiny, its YUGE how tiny it is.

Voice of Captain Deplorable
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’ll go with the guy who has 5 State Championships and runs the best program in the area, Probably the best program in the last 20 years in the area, over a guy who’s never been a head coach outside of beer league softball. And if you’d seen the game you’d understand why he did what he did.
olldflame liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: September 5th, 2021, 6:03 pm Where exactly was it the kid played Purple, and what was the situation?
He was covering the kickoff. He separated his shoulder on a hit. The rest of the night Rustburg put up good return yards on kicks. Trey was covering one sideline but with him out you lost a big time athlete who could make plays. Playing starters on Special Teams is pretty common. Especially in HS
That kid had 3 trainers and 2 doctors looking at him on the sideline :D

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]