If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Whether or not this slams the breaks temporarily on realignment depends on whether the mahor players care what the governing body thinks. My guess is this is focused on keeping non-football safely within their clutches ... particularly the Billion Dollar Dance which is the organization's buggest cash cow.

Here's the agenda:

Image.
NCAA should not delegate rule enforcement. NCAA needs someone to serve as policeman, juror and judge for those who cheat. When they get caught , punish them severely. The FBI caught schools buying basketball recruits, and I don't believe any school received any punishment. When a coach gets caught buying players, that school should be shut down for basketball for x number of seasons.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
College sports have traditions, but it is not about tradition, and it is not reliant upon tradition. The tradition thing is trotted out mostly by old men that have been in charge for too long, and cannot wrap their heads around where they have steered this ship. Nobody complained so loudly over colossal revenue generation. It is only when the athlete benefits that we worry about tradition.

The NCAA is no longer the vehicle that will run college sports. The NCAA will take a step back from rules and regulations that govern college sports across the board and cede authority to conferences to make their own rules. That is by necessity. The NCAA has been ruled to wield monopoly power by SCOTUS, and any NCAA rules that restrict trade are subject to legal challenge. SCOTUS made clear that conferences, as long as they don't collude, may make their own rules governing the treatment and compensation of athletes. That is why we see the NCAA announcing a November Constitutional Convention, to decentralize power and deregulate, so that such decision can be made by conferences. The NCAA will simply run championships and determine initial eligibility.
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/in ... ppens-next

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]