If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
flameshaw wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 3:53 pm Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. smh
Things need to change because of political u cultured ideology. This is what happens when people are clueless about truth and just make decisions based on emotions.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Washington Football Team even sounds better than the Cleveland Guardians. :brownbag
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The left wing liberals have gone over the edge. There's nothing wrong with Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves or Washington Redskins.
Guardians might be worst name in MLB, replacing the Padres.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 5:13 pm The left wing liberals have gone over the edge. There's nothing wrong with Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves or Washington Redskins.
Guardians might be worst name in MLB, replacing the Padres.
Padres are a solid nickname. Plus they have a tie in to the History and community
adam42381 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 5:16 pm There is that bc hot take we all expected!!!

It's a dumb name. No doubt. Though if the branding was better they could've convinced me.
It seems there could have been a lot of local tie ins there but ….Guardians? Of what? Lake Erie?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 6:53 pmReds?
Originally called the Red Stockings.
stokesjokes liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I don’t LOVE the name, but I think they did fairly well, all things considered. Is “guardians” really worse than “cubs” or “dolphins.” Nope. Plus they keep much of the historic look: inDIANS vs. guarDIANS.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 8:52 pm I don’t LOVE the name, but I think they did fairly well, all things considered. Is “guardians” really worse than “cubs” or “dolphins.” Nope. Plus they keep much of the historic look: inDIANS vs. guarDIANS.
Did you get those straws you were grasping for?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I’ve got no idea what straws you think I’m grasping. The new name DOES stylistically resemble the old one. That isn’t grasping for straws. And “guardians” has more gravitas than some team names like the “penguins.” Again, not grasping for straws. The name isn’t my favorite, but it isn’t as bad as y’all are making it out to be.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]