If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 9:35 pm The name is fine. The branding sucks. Just my 2 cents.
This. I actually like the name, but yeah, the branding sucks.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
I like the name on its own, but combine it with the branding and it comes across generic like something you’d see in an international video game where the company didn’t have the rights to use any trademarked MLB material.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I know I am late to the game on this but the name Guardians is actually not that bad of a name for a baseball team in my opinion. However, the fact that they had to change their name from Indians is just one more example of the grotesque nature of cancel culture.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
I very much liken this to the U of Illinois getting rid of chief illiniwek mascot at their sporting events. I believe you can represent a people group well. I believe many sport teams do it well. If the indians logo was a bit less cartoonish and more respectful this likely wouldn't of been an issue (like the redskins logo. their issue was obviously the name not the logo). People freaked out at the UofI because they were like "we are celebrating their culture" when in actuality it was some frat kid in a giant headdress twerking to Nelly all over the arena.

Guardians as history in cleveland. they will be fine.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]