If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 12th, 2021, 7:57 am I think there will be a lot of cash being paid "under the table", greasing the palms, and "in the parking lots".
I noticed that Ballcoach's truck was in the softball "parking lot" today. I saw him in the stadium, but I couldn't tell if his palms were "greasy." :oldhag
flameshaw liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 13th, 2021, 8:39 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 12th, 2021, 7:57 am I think there will be a lot of cash being paid "under the table", greasing the palms, and "in the parking lots".
I noticed that Ballcoach's truck was in the softball "parking lot" today. I saw him in the stadium, but I couldn't tell if his palms were "greasy." :oldhag
Ew
adam42381 liked this
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 13th, 2021, 8:39 pm
😳 🤢 🤮
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:11 pm "Every BYU walk-on football player receives NIL deal from sponsor covering cost of scholarships"

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... 2AdshJz7K4
So much for scholarship limitations. :roll:

From what I have heard, the NCAA is about to start phasing themselves out of the enforcement business, but the conferences will need to address this. The logical step would seem to be to go to a limit on total roster size. Not sure who would enforce that with an independant like BYU (or Liberty for that matter).
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: August 13th, 2021, 7:19 am
alabama24 wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:11 pm "Every BYU walk-on football player receives NIL deal from sponsor covering cost of scholarships"

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... 2AdshJz7K4
So much for scholarship limitations. :roll:
I wonder how long before title 9 issues are raised. Effectively this creates a scholarship imbalance once again.
ballcoach15 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
They do a nice job with subsidizing undergrad education. They should be ok. Would be nice to see more of this at LU. Maybe we will.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Well, it's bigger than just BYU. The fact is, women aren't going to be getting paid like the men's teams/players. Title 9 was meant to create some sort of balance in scholarships. Any gap closure will open up wider than ever now.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: August 13th, 2021, 10:02 am The fact is, women aren't going to be getting paid like the men's teams/players.
Generally, yes. It would not surprise me at all, however, if some of the BEST paid end up being women.

I can’t remember who they were, but the twin basketball players making those dribbling videos during the pandemic come to mind.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]