If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Mississippi State scores in bottom of 9th to beat Texas 4-3, and move into finals of CWS.
With 1 out, batter was HBP, then a pinch runner stole 2B. Scored on a single to left center.
All SEC final.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 26th, 2021, 10:05 pm If NC State could have dressed 9 players, they should have played.
Talk radio calls here in the triaid say State should have hired Anthony Fauci as their commencement speaker. Vandy did. There's also a claim circulating the NCAA doctor that made the call is a Vandy grad.

:lol:
Last edited by TH Spangler on June 28th, 2021, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I haven't heard specifics on how many NC St players tested positive and how many had symptoms, but I think it's safe to say that if this had been anything but Covid, they they probably ALL could have suited up and played. Seasonal flu ( which is much more dangerous to healthy college aged young adults)? It would have been a non-story. So stupid.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: June 28th, 2021, 10:38 am I haven't heard specifics on how many NC St players tested positive and how many had symptoms, but I think it's safe to say that if this had been anything but Covid, they they probably ALL could have suited up and played. Seasonal flu ( which is much more dangerous to healthy college aged young adults)? It would have been a non-story. So stupid.
Not sure where I read it but I believe there were 2 unvaccinated players who tested positive and 4 vaccinated players who were positive. Don't know if there were symptoms or not. And the coach was pretty irate apparently when asked if he'd been vaccinated. Said he wanted to talk baseball not politics.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
When the NCAA setup the protocol as for championship testing, this is the exact scenario several coaches predicted. A protocol so stringent that a relatively harmless positive test would render whole teams ineligible, ruining dreams.
olldflame liked this
By Jonathan Carone
flamehunter wrote: June 28th, 2021, 11:54 am Not sure where I read it but I believe there were 2 unvaccinated players who tested positive and 4 vaccinated players who were positive. Don't know if there were symptoms or not. And the coach was pretty irate apparently when asked if he'd been vaccinated. Said he wanted to talk baseball not politics.
They said there was a sickness that had gone through their team, but didn't specify what the actual symptoms were.
By Jonathan Carone
I'm honestly torn on this one.

On one hand - I struggle to have sympathy for people when the vaccine is fully available. If you've chosen not to get it - while knowing a positive case would likely end your team's season - then that's on you. It's a personal decision you made and these are the results of that. After NCSU had a covid scare earlier in the year (resulting in game cancellations), you would think they'd know the consequences and get their shots, but they chose not to.

On the other hand - it's a stupid policy to be allowing fans into the stands with no social distancing or mask requirement while still holding teams to these testing protocols. It's either one or the other. The NCAA can't have it both ways.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Vandy is one win away from a national championship. :shock: :nod :clapping
By LU 57
I did not watch all of the game last night, but the Whistler seemed a bit subdued last night. Wonder if it was the overwhelming size of the MSU crowd, or if he got word of the backlash in the media?

Was pretty funny when during game 1, one of the ESPN guys mentioned the many traditions of Vanderbilt that he appreciated, “but that is not one” :lol: . Could not agree more.

Anyway, Rocker v Bednar is a fitting end. Looking forward to it.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Miss. State one hits Vandy for a 9-0 win for the National Championship. Hail State.
ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 30th, 2021, 1:00 pm
Cider Jim wrote: June 30th, 2021, 10:05 am Vandy is one win away from a national championship. :shock: :nod :clapping
It will be better for college baseball and mankind if Mississippi State wins.
Huh?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I attempted to watch this game, but ESPN showed fans in the bleachers and players in the dugout, more than they did what was happening on the field. After every base hit, camera would point into the bleachers, then into dugout.
Congrats to the Bulldogs. Hail SEC
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 1st, 2021, 4:47 am I attempted to watch this game, but ESPN showed fans in the bleachers and players in the dugout, more than they did what was happening on the field. After every base hit, camera would point into the bleachers, then into dugout.
Congrats to the Bulldogs. Hail SEC
So you would rather see closeups of the pitcher staring into the catcher for the sign between pitches? It's baseball. There is significant inactivity baked into the cake. They are giving the audience something to look at while nothing is happening on the field.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I rather watch pitcher getting the sign than watch some fat guy with tattoos in bleachers or players in dugout. Very poor camera work during series.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 1st, 2021, 3:17 pm I rather watch pitcher getting the sign than watch some fat guy with tattoos in bleachers or players in dugout. Very poor camera work during series.
I've watched enough sports on TV to know that the cameras are seldom pointed at fat guys with tattoos. Mostly cute kids and hot girls. In case you haven't figured it out yet, a lot of your personal preferences (which you for some reason feel compelled to tell us all about) are................ different from most people.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 1st, 2021, 3:17 pm I rather watch the runner on second base STEAL the sign and relay to the batter than watch some fat guy with tattoos in bleachers.
FIFY
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]