If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
While the rest of us will be watching the World Series on TV or streaming it, our very own Ballcoach will be doing the World Series!
After a Cracker Barrel breakfast, Ballcoach left today (with his bike & a few Bama T-shirts) in a rental Toyota pickup truck for the World Series in Oklahoma. :shock: :oldhag

Cider Jim wrote: June 1st, 2021, 9:53 am While the rest of us will be watching the World Series on TV or streaming it, our very own Ballcoach will be doing the World Series!
After a Cracker Barrel breakfast, Ballcoach left today (with his bike & a few Bama T-shirts) in a rental Toyota pickup truck for the World Series in Oklahoma. :shock: :oldhag

The term "the rest of us" may be just a bit too inclusive. 8) If our ladies were there, I would certainly be following it closely. Since they are not, I'll just look for the updates from ballcoach here and hope JMU does well.
flameshaw wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 2:56 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 7:29 am
flameshaw wrote: June 1st, 2021, 5:53 pm Yep, zero interest if we are not in it. Plus it is playoff hockey time. Doesn't get any better.
To each his own, butI rather watch 1 inning of JMU vs Oklahoma tomorrow, than entire NHL playoffs.
I respect your right to be wrong. :D
Right to go/be wrong. Reminded of a tune I heard the other day :lol:

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 3:50 pm If you’re Dot, on one hand you feel better because you lost to a really good team. On the other you’re ticked because you got screwed because of JMU's seeding.
Exactly! Never should have been a 3 seed given their record, their talent level (a lot of starters from regionals/superregionals in the last 5 years) and Alexander, who was an AA pitcher in 2019. I want to believe we could have beat any of the remaining 3 seeds in the tourney (teams 33-48). JMU was not a 33-48 rated team. The announcers said Alexander was spotted at an LU softball camp and was only offered by Longwood, West Virginia Wesleyan/or Virginia Wesleyan, and JMU. Not us!!!!
ballcoach15 liked this
ballcoach15 wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 3:16 pm JMU beats #1 Oklahoma 4-3 in 8 innings.
All 4 runs were scored on dingers: a 3-run shot early on and a solo shot in extra innings for the win! #1 seeded Oklahoma moves to the LOSERS bracket. :shock: The TV announcer said it was the biggest upset in "3 decades."
ballcoach15 liked this
I’m nominating the JMU pitcher for female athlete of the year. What’s she’s done is simply amazing. Getting out of the 6th with no outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd was almost as unbelievable as her play at the place to stop the squeeze
Sly Fox wrote: June 11th, 2021, 1:43 pm I would feel a lot better about the equity and fairness of the tourney if the home team didn't keep winning.
It does give Sooners an advantage. They bring several thousand fans, and other teams bring several hundred. Not to mention they can sleep in their own beds.
Sly Fox liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
It's a big advantage for Nebraska baseball too! Unfortunately, Texas fans always feel jaded because their teams do less with more. Sorry, Sly, you keep leaving that low hanging fruit and its difficult to ignore. :)

OKC does a great job of supporting softball. Omaha does a great job supporting baseball. It's much bigger than the stadium. Both of the World Series are community events in those towns.
ballcoach15 wrote: June 11th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Sly Fox wrote: June 11th, 2021, 1:43 pm I would feel a lot better about the equity and fairness of the tourney if the home team didn't keep winning.
It does give Sooners an advantage. They bring several thousand fans, and other teams bring several hundred. Not to mention they can sleep in their own beds.
Where did you sleep ballcoach? Did you grab an Oklahoma granny? :D :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]