If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Big South champion Monmouth is pushing to get the upset over #2 Sam Houston. 21-15 right now, but Monmouth is driving.

{edit} meh - I jinxed them. Sam Houston wins it.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I live minutes from Sam and many of their coaches and athletic staff live in my neighborhood and hadn't even noticed they were in the playoffs. As huge as football is in Texas, this spring FCS season hardly has even been acknowledged.

If you drop by the JMU Board, you will notice very little satisfaction in this spring run and the way the CAA chose Coach Rocco's Hens as their auto bid. The amount of frustration on that board with the CAA as a whole as well as FCS in general is reaching boiling point.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JMU relies heavily on FBS transfers to build a team. I was glad the CAA gave auto bid to Blue Hens.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Imagine where we would be without some of FBS transfers we had when we were FCS.

As far as JMU and their future at the FCS level, I think it is only a matter of time before they make the move. Tons of their alum are over FCS football at this point. As Sly alluded to.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
With the new transfer rules, there will be much fewer FBS to FCS transfers occurring.It will certainly change how the top tier programs like JMU & Sam Houston operate.
LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 25th, 2021, 10:56 am Imagine where we would be without some of FBS transfers we had when we were FCS.

As far as JMU and their future at the FCS level, I think it is only a matter of time before they make the move. Tons of their alum are over FCS football at this point. As Sly alluded to.
I seem to recall a certain running back.... Study
phoenix liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Presby hired a high school coach that doesn't punt and only does onside kicks. Should be really interesting to see what he can do. He won multiple state championships and is considered one of the best high school coaches in the county.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... head-coach
ballcoach15 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That is my video game strategy. Works out well for me most of the time :lol:

I'm always a fan of the unconventional. Should be fun to watch play out.
Purple Haize liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: May 7th, 2021, 9:09 am Presby hired a high school coach that doesn't punt and only does onside kicks. Should be really interesting to see what he can do. He won multiple state championships and is considered one of the best high school coaches in the county.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... head-coach
I like Coaches like this,...................most of the time. But there are times you need to punt.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Watch the video series on you tube... It's fascinating … He does this in college - that would be fun to watch.
ballcoach15 liked this
By LUOrange
ballcoach15 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 8:08 pm Speaking of FCS, JMU blows a 21 point lead today and loses to Sam Houston State 38-35.
Poor Dukies. Their message boards should be fun to read!
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 8:08 pm Speaking of FCS, JMU blows a 21 point lead today and loses to Sam Houston State 38-35.
Ballcoach is a happy man this morning. :oldhag He can buy his 6 Sunday newspapers and read about a JMU football loss and an LU softball shutout win on the slaughter rule, 8-0. :pbjtime
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]