If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’ve watched season one now. We did get onto a bit of a binge run.

After one season: Christian is fav personality, Monaco is fav track, Haas is probably my favorite team. Nico is a jerk. My daughter likes the pink cars. And I think Danny Ricciardo just prefers being a big fish in a small pond.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Don't get too accustomed to the pink. There is plenty fo drama ahead. And my Aussie paesano Ricciardo will be very active in seasons 2 & 3. Season 2 is really where you get to know Toto, Lewis & Bottas better. Toto's rivalry with Horner is a recurring storyline that only gets better moving forward through the next two seasons. And this year on the track in what will be Season 4 it gets notched up even higher. The other fun storyline is watching Guenther melt down.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Great race today. No one ran away and hid. This Red Bull and Mercedes match up is gonna be something to watch!
Really want to see Williams get some points. They are so tantalizing close. Alpine is nowhere to be seen and the James Bond Aston Martins continue to disappoint.
Haas is just awful. Like not even good. What’s the deal ? Im not sure they wil l even be competitive next year with the “Salary Cap”
Monaco Grand Prix coming up. It’s like the Bristol of F1 tracks. But with much prettier scenery!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Haas situation was explained in the final epsiodes of Season 3. They needed a German driver to land their primary sponsor and were able to snare Mick Schumacher ... the son of THAT Schumacher. He has struggled but is really young and shows promise. Back in October with Haas struggling, a Russian oligarch attempted to buy the team. Haas refused but accepted the oligarch's fat check for a sponsorship with the understanding the oligarch's son would get one of the two seats for two years. Unlike Lance Stroll who has proven to be a legitimate driver after his dad pulled a similar move a few years back, Nikita Mazepin has been an unmitigated disaster on the track. Mazepin's dad is allegedly on the verge of being placed on sanctions by the US government for his business dealings with Putin.

Poor Haas.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: May 9th, 2021, 7:43 pm The Haas situation was explained in the final epsiodes of Season 3. They needed a German driver to land their primary sponsor and were able to snare Mick Schumacher ... the son of THAT Schumacher. He has struggled but is really young and shows promise. Back in October with Haas struggling, a Russian oligarch attempted to buy the team. Haas refused but accepted the oligarch's fat check for a sponsorship with the understanding the oligarch's son would get one of the two seats for two years. Unlike Lance Stroll who has proven to be a legitimate driver after his dad pulled a similar move a few years back, Nikita Mazepin has been an unmitigated disaster on the track. Mazepin's dad is allegedly on the verge of being placed on sanctions by the US government for his business dealings with Putin.

Poor Haas.

Yeah. F1 is a case study in parents buying opportunities for their kids. Or for emergency cash infusions to really turn sour for teams. It happened to Force India and Williams and now it appears Haas.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This may not be the funnest race to watch this weekend but the scenery is the best. Lots more strategy from the pits and racing crews than in other races so that makes it fascinating. It’s the Daytona and/or Indy 500 of F1 this weekend- Monaco! It’s a curvy short track and the best comparison I can think of is Bristol. Mrs Purple and I started watching just this race several years ago We’d watch this than Indy. We enjoyed this more. Now that I’m an F1 convert this wins for sure.
Qualifying today. Always fun if you’ve never watched. Race tomorrow

https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2021/Monaco.html
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Hamilton NOT on Pole. The Pole winner crashed on the last lap. This is gonna be a fun race
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sundays Race in Baku is going to be insane 4 red flags just in qualifying today. It’s a road course but speeds up to 215 mph to go along with Monaco type turns

In other news @Sly Fox needs to get to work. Talk of back to back races in Texas now that Singapore is canceled
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am working my angles with sponsors. No success yet. But if thee additonal date at COTA happens, it will be a mad rush for those extra slots. It will likely man a week fo sponsor events in between races.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I was watching before church and saw verstappen crash. The delay lasted too long for me to see the end. What happened?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 11:25 am I was watching before church and saw verstappen crash. The delay lasted too long for me to see the end. What happened?
I can’t tell you. You have to watch. But that was crazy. TWO tire failures?!? Love to be a fly on the wall with those Pirelli phone calls this week.
On a side note, Baku looked like a pretty neat city.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 8:08 pm Where can I watch?
Have you ever thought about recording the races?

Let’s just say Mercedes didn’t have a great day. And Hamilton actually made a mistake.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I don’t have a means to record them. Mercedes was having a bad day before lap 46. Ok fine.

I can read. Just wondered where your go-to is for highlights.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 10:56 pm I don’t have a means to record them. Mercedes was having a bad day before lap 46. Ok fine.

I can read. Just wondered where your go-to is for highlights.
I have YouTubeTv so I just have it on record or go to the Website for F1
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I've really been loving this show, slowly making my way through. Haven't made the transition to watching current races, not sure I have the time for that.

I've been thinking tennis could really use a series exactly like this. It would be more difficult with the amount of players, but I'd totally watch it. I was a huge tennis fan back in the 90's, but it's popularity in the US seems to have taken a nosedive (at least, from my perspective). A series like this could do wonders.
Purple Haize liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Beleive it or not, Amazon did a seriees on F1 called Grand Prix Driver the year before the Netflix series launched. It wasnt very good but does offer some additonal backstory.

The tennis idea does have some merit. The diva nature of the athletes would be great. The PGA Tour would makee some sense as well but they have too many events. But honestly it is the teams that make the F1 series work.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote: June 7th, 2021, 12:51 pm I've really been loving this show, slowly making my way through. Haven't made the transition to watching current races, not sure I have the time for that.

I've been thinking tennis could really use a series exactly like this. It would be more difficult with the amount of players, but I'd totally watch it. I was a huge tennis fan back in the 90's, but it's popularity in the US seems to have taken a nosedive (at least, from my perspective). A series like this could do wonders.
Glad to have another convert! Once you finish the series you’ll start watching races live. I record them (and the Qualifying) and watch them later in the day.
:welcome :welcome
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]