If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 21st, 2021, 7:28 pm I have always hated Syracuse. Today didn’t change that.
I hate Syracuse so much that even I was pulling for the 'Eers! :shock:
By Tnobes
ballcoach15 wrote: March 21st, 2021, 7:35 pm B10 overrated in every sport.

Does anyone know how many games the lower seed has won as of now, in tournament ?
When thinking about the big10 in any sport always remember 2007 BCS (Florida 41 Ohio State 14.) Big 10 teams play cupcakes, pretend to be good and then crap their pants when they meet a real team. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
The Oregon - OSU game is a good game. All the more because the refs are letting them play a physical game. Unlike our game in the second half.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
They shot a combined 73 free throws :lol: . The refs weren’t letting them play, they just stayed physical despite all the calls.

For all the bluster on here about how good OK State and Cunningham were, they were very unimpressive in the tourney.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ORU is just the 2nd 15 seed to ever make the sweet 16. The other was of course the 2013 "Dunk City" FGCU team. Speaking of which..................... please, please, please can we stop with the referring to the mediocre current FGCU team by that name? Enfield should have trademarked it.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
re the big 12 and big 10.

we raise chickens. every batch of chicks we get a smattering of roosters. you have to manage the roosters because if you don't, you are left with the worst rooster. the best roosters will basically fight each other continually day after day, here and there you lose one. you lose another. the worthless roosters (incapable of truly protecting the flock) do nothing, avoid the fray as much as they possibly can. eventually the good roosters, are all so exhausted, the dumb chicken comes in and kills them. and is the last rooster standing. now in the scheme of things, we ask, "is it really that dumb seems clever" the answer is yes. it is. and you will lose your flock to hawks, racoons, minks, etc etc because of that dumb rooster.

There is something to be said about the rigors of playing ranked team after ranked team after ranked team which the big 12 and big 10 did all conference long. it has to weigh at the end of the season.

THAT said, its been pretty disappointing for those 2 conferences, who have been far and away the class of college basketball...at least seemingly.

I think the dead nail in many of these schools has been free throw shooting in this tournament.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yep. Free throw shooting is becoming a lost art. And it’s a mystery based on the time and gym access players have now. Mrs Purple and I are thinking it’s a mental focus/toughness thing. I mean look at the Abilene Christian kid. Was there ANY doubt looking into his eyes he was gonna nail both FT’s? Despite his season percentage? Conversely how many kids are outstanding 3 point shooters yet mediocre free throw shooters at best?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 11:22 am Yep. Free throw shooting is becoming a lost art. And it’s a mystery based on the time and gym access players have now. Mrs Purple and I are thinking it’s a mental focus/toughness thing. I mean look at the Abilene Christian kid. Was there ANY doubt looking into his eyes he was gonna nail both FT’s? Despite his season percentage? Conversely how many kids are outstanding 3 point shooters yet mediocre free throw shooters at best?
Not totally inaccurate, but it is also true that this year Colorado and Oral Roberts put up the 2 highest team FT shooting % in NCAA history.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
yeah they were for sure going in. like abiline christian, ucla, oregon st, syracuse, oral roberts, north texas are not better teams than the teams they beat. but in almost all of them, they hit freethrows.
Purple Haize liked this
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i think its also a "nothing to lose" vs "we are supposed to win" type of pressure when you see these good teams clang so many ft's.
JK37 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
My theory on the Big 10 this year: I think COVID made it really hard to accurately rank teams. Since non-conference was really limited, Big 10 teams were ranked high based on their success against each other. As long as Big 10 teams started highly ranked, they would just be replaced in the rankings by the teams that beat them. There weren’t a lot of non-conference opportunities to measure against outside teams. How many of the Big 10’s “quality wins” were just against each other?
thepostman, ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Iowa Oregon was a fun game. The first half was insane. Seeing Garza’s emotions at the end was tough to watch. That guy left it all on the floor. Talk about a guy who’s sad it’s over
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 2:31 pm Couldn't watch the 2nd half, seems like Oregon just ran them out of the gym.
They did. Iowa couldn’t keep up the tempo. Kinda hoping to see a Gonzaga Oregon match up
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, that would be great. It is crazy that both can play at such a high tempo without going very deep into their benches.
By Longshots
stokesjokes wrote:Don’t sleep on Iowa
Some are saying that Rutgers has been the second-best showing of the B10 teams this year. Some.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Longshots wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 9:09 pm
stokesjokes wrote:Don’t sleep on Iowa
Some are saying that Rutgers has been the second-best showing of the B10 teams this year. Some.
Rutgers got hot at the end of the year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wrap your brain around this. Fully half of the elite 8 come from conferences that have either "Pacific" or "West" in their title. :shock: :roll:

It wasn't more than 2-3 years ago that the PAC had been reduced to basically a one bid conference. Impressive showing for a bunch of lefties.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This was a unique year for basketball. Heck about 2 years ago, Liberty beat UCLA and we played Houston I believe. Not sure if we won or lost.
With the ACC being down this season, (see Duke/UNC), it gave the lesser conferences the opportunity to advance. Not to mention, some teams were lucky.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Michigan is now the only hope for schools east of the Mississippi to land in the Final Four. One half is already locked up from the same state. Granted that one is like a whole other country.

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Let the 1976 comparisons begin
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
out of everyone in that side ofthe bracket, UCLA is the best draw IMO for Michigan. Juaquez scares the bejeebies out of me though.
stokesjokes liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 30th, 2021, 8:28 am With the ACC being down this season, (see Duke/UNC), it gave the lesser conferences the opportunity to advance. Not to mention, some teams were lucky.
The ACC is a lesser conference. UNC and Duke have some tough coaching decisions to make soon. The longer Williams and Krzyzewski stay entrenched, it holds them back. Guaranteed it’s being used against them in recruiting.

Luck had little to do with it. Big 10 and Big 12 beat the crap out of each other all year then hit the tourney out of breath. Pac12 was sneaky good all year, same old no one on east coast sees them. ACC needs its traditional powers to carry them.
Purple Haize liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]